Flouride in the water.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2013, 05:45 PM
Flouride in the water.
I'm not saying I'm a believer in this conspiracy theory, however I wonder if the forum could help me find some answers from the medical/scientific community to two things please.

1: Research that proves that flouridation of water actually helps prevent tooth decay.

2: Research on the effect ingesting infinitesimal amounts of flouride has on the body.

Thanks Thumbsup

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
23-05-2013, 05:54 PM
RE: Flouride in the water.
(23-05-2013 05:45 PM)bemore Wrote:  I'm not saying I'm a believer in this conspiracy theory, however I wonder if the forum could help me find some answers from the medical/scientific community to two things please.

1: Research that proves that flouridation of water actually helps prevent tooth decay.

2: Research on the effect ingesting infinitesimal amounts of flouride has on the body.

Thanks Thumbsup

The Wikipedia article is good.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-05-2013, 06:17 PM (This post was last modified: 23-05-2013 06:21 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
(23-05-2013 05:45 PM)bemore Wrote:  I'm not saying I'm a believer in this conspiracy theory, however I wonder if the forum could help me find some answers from the medical/scientific community to two things please.

Thanks Thumbsup

This isn't by any mean imperial data...but here's my personal story of floride in water.

I lived in California my whole life until 7 years ago. Never had a cavity. No one I knew had them either. My mom had horrible teeth and so did my dad...so it's not like good teeth ran in my family. I was a horrible brushed too. Yes I also used floride toothpaste. Since moving to Oregon I've had a couple. So have my kids (younger son has had 2, older son has had 4 and husband who also never had cavities has had 1 or 2)..despite the fact I'm now completely freakish about brushing and still use floride toothpaste plus floride rinses. We don't drink sugary sodas or much soda at all.

We do drink mostly water in our house (tap water).

Funny tho, I was just talking to a girl friend, who still lives in Cali, she's still only had one cavity her whole life.

Her sister who lives in a no flolride area has false teeth.

I will say most people I've met up here, who have dental coverage, still have quite a few missing teeth.

People here claim that floride in the water is a form of governement drugging the populace to make them more docile.

Finally when I was kid there was study done on bad effects of floride...they actually with parents permission did blood draws and asked about how much water we drank. I was a water drinking because our family was poor...well milk too but that was powdered mixed with tap water...we did get results and waaaaaay below what was cndidered toxic.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
23-05-2013, 06:21 PM (This post was last modified: 23-05-2013 06:24 PM by Free Thought.)
According the the American Dental Association, fluoridation of drinking supplies has been beneficial.

Quackwatch also has an article on this.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
23-05-2013, 06:51 PM
(23-05-2013 06:17 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  

Thanks Thumbsup

This isn't by any mean imperial data...but here's my personal story of floride in water.

I lived in California my whole life until 7 years ago. Never had a cavity. No one I knew had them either. My mom had horrible teeth and so did my dad...so it's not like good teeth ran in my family. I was a horrible brushed too. Yes I also used floride toothpaste. Since moving to Oregon I've had a couple. So have my kids (younger son has had 2, older son has had 4 and husband who also never had cavities has had 1 or 2)..despite the fact I'm now completely freakish about brushing and still use floride toothpaste plus floride rinses. We don't drink sugary sodas or much soda at all.

We do drink mostly water in our house (tap water).

Funny tho, I was just talking to a girl friend, who still lives in Cali, she's still only had one cavity her whole life.

Her sister who lives in a no flolride area has false teeth.

I will say most people I've met up here, who have dental coverage, still have quite a few missing teeth.

People here claim that floride in the water is a form of governement drugging the populace to make them more docile.

Finally when I was kid there was study done on bad effects of floride...they actually with parents permission did blood draws and asked about how much water we drank. I was a water drinking because our family was poor...well milk too but that was powdered mixed with tap water...we did get results and waaaaaay below what was cndidered toxic.

And, may I add, every time you have your teeth cleaned, the dentist gives you a Flouride treatment at the office. Small amounts in the drinking water have negligible negative effects on your health and protect your teeth against decay.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
23-05-2013, 06:53 PM
(23-05-2013 06:21 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  According the the American Dental Association, fluoridation of drinking supplies has been beneficial.

Yeah this whole stupid debate goes back to the Cold War when a bunch of toothless shit-for-brains began pushing the scare that it was a Communist plot against America.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 1 user Likes Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
23-05-2013, 07:02 PM
(23-05-2013 06:53 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  
(23-05-2013 06:21 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  According the the American Dental Association, fluoridation of drinking supplies has been beneficial.

Yeah this whole stupid debate goes back to the Cold War when a bunch of toothless shit-for-brains began pushing the scare that it was a Communist plot against America.

Well.... That's an interesting claim.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
23-05-2013, 07:25 PM
Re: Flouride in the water.
Unless fluorosis is beneficial.... Hitler was putting fluoride in the drinking water at concentration camps, do you believe he was concerned about their dental care? What do prozac and rat poison have in common, flouride, but we're suppose to believe it has some unseen health benefit.
23-05-2013, 07:41 PM
Re: Flouride in the water.
I should be able to refuse flouride "treatment" of the drinking water coming to my house, but I cant, I might as well drink straight from the toilet. Im saving up enough money for a good household filtration system, until then, I drink store bought distilled water.
23-05-2013, 07:49 PM
(23-05-2013 07:41 PM)blad3runn3r Wrote:  I should be able to refuse flouride "treatment" of the drinking water coming to my house, but I cant, I might as well drink straight from the toilet. Im saving up enough money for a good household filtration system, until then, I drink store bought distilled water.

FYI, drinking only distilled water will actually leach minerals out of your system http://www.waterbenefitshealth.com/drink...water.html

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 3 users Like evenheathen's post