Again....

Makes me sad

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-05-2013, 08:06 PM
RE: Flouride in the water.
(23-05-2013 06:51 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  
(23-05-2013 06:17 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  This isn't by any mean imperial data...but here's my personal story of floride in water.

I lived in California my whole life until 7 years ago. Never had a cavity. No one I knew had them either. My mom had horrible teeth and so did my dad...so it's not like good teeth ran in my family. I was a horrible brushed too. Yes I also used floride toothpaste. Since moving to Oregon I've had a couple. So have my kids (younger son has had 2, older son has had 4 and husband who also never had cavities has had 1 or 2)..despite the fact I'm now completely freakish about brushing and still use floride toothpaste plus floride rinses. We don't drink sugary sodas or much soda at all.

We do drink mostly water in our house (tap water).

Funny tho, I was just talking to a girl friend, who still lives in Cali, she's still only had one cavity her whole life.

Her sister who lives in a no flolride area has false teeth.

I will say most people I've met up here, who have dental coverage, still have quite a few missing teeth.

People here claim that floride in the water is a form of governement drugging the populace to make them more docile.

Finally when I was kid there was study done on bad effects of floride...they actually with parents permission did blood draws and asked about how much water we drank. I was a water drinking because our family was poor...well milk too but that was powdered mixed with tap water...we did get results and waaaaaay below what was cndidered toxic.

And, may I add, every time you have your teeth cleaned, the dentist gives you a Flouride treatment at the office. Small amounts in the drinking water have negligible negative effects on your health and protect your teeth against decay.

Not adults only kids get the treatments.

23-05-2013, 09:40 PM
Flouride in the water.
Flouride doesn't cause more or less tooth decay, its one of those quack science discoveries that pretty much doesn't do anything good or bad. Next
[+] 1 user Likes I and I's post
23-05-2013, 10:06 PM
Most of the hysteria is over a study in China done in an area where the well water is naturally high in fluoride. The IQ for these children was slightly lower but didn't last into adulthood and actually the life expectancy was longer than in other areas.

The part of China that the fluoride is naturally in the water is a very rural area and the difference in IQ could also be because the children were poor and didn't have the schooling the children in larger cities have. That wasn't taken into account. And like I mentioned the IQ leveled out later.

There is fluoride naturally in black tea, green tea and broccoli and other foods but I don't see people out protesting broccoli farmers or the Lipton's Tea company. They're sold as health foods. But people get something stuck in their heads and can't see straight.

I live in Portland Or and the city just turned down a city ordinance to put fluoride in the water. My kids had to take fluoride tablets so they didn't get cavities. It's also wonderful for bones. It's in the water in most parts of Florida and because of this the elderly there have less bone loss and breakage than in areas without fluoride.

Geeze people. Get a grip.

Shakespeare Insult 13 – Henry IV Part 1
“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
23-05-2013, 10:18 PM
(23-05-2013 10:06 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Most of the hysteria is over a study in China done in an area where the well water is naturally high in fluoride. The IQ for these children was slightly lower but didn't last into adulthood and actually the life expectancy was longer than in other areas.

The part of China that the fluoride is naturally in the water is a very rural area and the difference in IQ could also be because the children were poor and didn't have the schooling the children in larger cities have. That wasn't taken into account. And like I mentioned the IQ leveled out later.

There is fluoride naturally in black tea, green tea and broccoli and other foods but I don't see people out protesting broccoli farmers or the Lipton's Tea company. They're sold as health foods. But people get something stuck in their heads and can't see straight.

I live in Portland Or and the city just turned down a city ordinance to put fluoride in the water. My kids had to take fluoride tablets so they didn't get cavities. It's also wonderful for bones. It's in the water in most parts of Florida and because of this the elderly there have less bone loss and breakage than in areas without fluoride.

We live in Portland too...well the metro area...

My kids refused to eat those tablets. I saw the billboards and fear mongering, and it just made me sick.

23-05-2013, 10:23 PM
(23-05-2013 07:02 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(23-05-2013 06:53 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Yeah this whole stupid debate goes back to the Cold War when a bunch of toothless shit-for-brains began pushing the scare that it was a Communist plot against America.

Well.... That's an interesting claim.

Come on.

Have you ever seen a commie drink a glass of water?

Vodka. That's what they drink, isn't it? Never water?

On no account will a commie ever drink water. And not without good reason. Water is the source of all life. Seven tenths of this earths surface is water. Why, do you realize that 70% of YOU is water? And as human beings, you and I need fresh, pure water, to replenish our precious bodily fluids.

Are you beginning to understand?

Have you ever heard of a thing called fluoridation? Fluoridation of water? Do you know what it is? Do you realize that the fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face? Do you realize that in addition to fluoridating water, why, there are studies underway to fluoridise salt, flour, fruit juices, soup, sugar, milk, Ice cream. Ice cream, children's ice cream.

You know when fluoridation first began? 1946. 1946. How does that coincide with our postwar commie conspiracy?

It's incredibly obvious, isn't it. A foreign substance is introduced to our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual, certainly without any choice. That's the way your hardcore commie works.

I first became aware of it during the physical act of love. Yes, a profound sense of fatigue, a feeling of emptiness followed. Luckily I was able to interpret these feelings correctly. Loss of essence. I can assure you it has not recurred. Women sense my power, and they seek the life essence.

I do not avoid women, but I do deny them my essence.
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
23-05-2013, 10:41 PM
(23-05-2013 10:18 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(23-05-2013 10:06 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Most of the hysteria is over a study in China done in an area where the well water is naturally high in fluoride. The IQ for these children was slightly lower but didn't last into adulthood and actually the life expectancy was longer than in other areas.

We live in Portland too...well the metro area...

My kids refused to eat those tablets. I saw the billboards and fear mongering, and it just made me sick.

The peeps here in Portland are a strange bunch. Nude bike rides while drinking non fluoridated water.

Drinking Beverage
24-05-2013, 12:41 AM
Flouride in the water.
I love asking "do you know what is in your tap?" to the people I see buying RO water at the super with huge containers. Then I ask, "but have YOU tested your tap?" And finally, "germs thrive in non chlorinated water when kept for several days, this is why we can catch and drink rain water."

It's funny that most tap water conspiracy theorists are acting upon rumors or just beliefs. Some even buy very expensive gadgets that do NOTHING at all to tap water, besides temporarily changing its ph.

I regularly test tap water because I keep and breed freshwater ornamental shrimp. At least our tap is 50tds which is super super clean, more than 40tds is calcium/magnesium! (TDS=ppm, total dissolved solids or parts per million)

I Heart Qualia Soup
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-05-2013, 05:12 AM
(23-05-2013 07:25 PM)blad3runn3r Wrote:  Unless fluorosis is beneficial.... Hitler was putting fluoride in the drinking water at concentration camps, do you believe he was concerned about their dental care? What do prozac and rat poison have in common, flouride, but we're suppose to believe it has some unseen health benefit.

Im wondering if you can produce any reputable sources for this claim. As far as I could find, there are plenty of people claiming this, but primarily from general conspiracy mongering sources.

I found this article from Politifact regarding this subject
http://www.politifact.com/florida/statem...nazi-myth/

There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge.

-Bertrand Russell
[+] 2 users Like VulcanLogic42's post
24-05-2013, 06:10 AM
(23-05-2013 10:23 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(23-05-2013 07:02 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Well.... That's an interesting claim.

Come on.

Have you ever seen a commie drink a glass of water?

Vodka. That's what they drink, isn't it? Never water?

On no account will a commie ever drink water. And not without good reason. Water is the source of all life. Seven tenths of this earths surface is water. Why, do you realize that 70% of YOU is water? And as human beings, you and I need fresh, pure water, to replenish our precious bodily fluids.

Are you beginning to understand?

Have you ever heard of a thing called fluoridation? Fluoridation of water? Do you know what it is? Do you realize that the fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face? Do you realize that in addition to fluoridating water, why, there are studies underway to fluoridise salt, flour, fruit juices, soup, sugar, milk, Ice cream. Ice cream, children's ice cream.

You know when fluoridation first began? 1946. 1946. How does that coincide with our postwar commie conspiracy?

It's incredibly obvious, isn't it. A foreign substance is introduced to our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual, certainly without any choice. That's the way your hardcore commie works.

I first became aware of it during the physical act of love. Yes, a profound sense of fatigue, a feeling of emptiness followed. Luckily I was able to interpret these feelings correctly. Loss of essence. I can assure you it has not recurred. Women sense my power, and they seek the life essence.

I do not avoid women, but I do deny them my essence.

You are joking, right? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post