Flouride in the water.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-05-2013, 03:05 PM
RE: Flouride in the water.
The following is a negative experience with fluoride and contains what I KNOW about fluoride:

Fluoride in water CAN and often WILL ..... seriously fuck up ... a celadon ceramic glaze.
Gives it a shitty, pasty gray or sometimes yellow/gray vomit look and it can have similar shitty effects on other glazes.

That kind of fuck up not only wastes time spent on producing the clay objects (often hundreds of hours) but also wastes money spent on the clay, the glaze chemicals, and the natural gas or propane used to fire.
Then there is the disappointment....
After 3 days of firing and opening a kiln ---> Sadcryface2 oh no; fluoride! Weeping

Not sayin' I buy any conspiracy but .... it does make me wonder what else I might have to learn the hard way.
Just sayin'... I see where the thinking comes from. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
26-05-2013, 03:05 PM
(26-05-2013 02:28 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Good thing we use Sodium fluoride, Hexafluorosilicic acid, and Sodium fluorosilicate.
http://www.worldcat.org/title/water-fluo...4/viewport
The point was, do any of these combine in the water with aluminium? I hope they don't, but they're put into the water for nutrition, so they are biologically active. I don't know how stable these compounds are.
26-05-2013, 03:50 PM
Re: RE: Flouride in the water.
(24-05-2013 02:13 PM)Filox Wrote:  
(24-05-2013 11:52 AM)blad3runn3r Wrote:  I dont trust anything store bought, I prefer distilled water to drinking straight from the tap. A good filtration system is expensive and a human can only go a so many days without water, I would like to live long enough to see the installation of my new system. Wink

You sir, are dumb.

Resorting to "name calling" is infantile. Many people are not going to see eye to eye on a myriad of topics, you would think a grown man would be mature enough to engage other people in a civil manner.
26-05-2013, 04:43 PM
Re: RE: Flouride in the water.
(24-05-2013 05:12 AM)VulcanLogic42 Wrote:  
(23-05-2013 07:25 PM)blad3runn3r Wrote:  Unless fluorosis is beneficial.... Hitler was putting fluoride in the drinking water at concentration camps, do you believe he was concerned about their dental care? What do prozac and rat poison have in common, flouride, but we're suppose to believe it has some unseen health benefit.

Im wondering if you can produce any reputable sources for this claim. As far as I could find, there are plenty of people claiming this, but primarily from general conspiracy mongering sources.

I found this article from Politifact regarding this subject
http://www.politifact.com/florida/statem...nazi-myth/

The National Academy Of Sciences states, "Fluoride is no longer considered an essential factor for human growth and developement." It is, however, an essential ingredient in the construction of atom bombs. theresistance.info/Fluoride/the_fluoride_...
26-05-2013, 04:57 PM
(26-05-2013 03:05 PM)Luminon Wrote:  
(26-05-2013 02:28 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Good thing we use Sodium fluoride, Hexafluorosilicic acid, and Sodium fluorosilicate.
The point was, do any of these combine in the water with aluminium? I hope they don't, but they're put into the water for nutrition, so they are biologically active. I don't know how stable these compounds are.
You sweep aside the previous posts and continue as if nothing happened despite most of your core claims being thoroughly debunked.

You have no point, and you clearly dont understand the subject. Why dont you do your homework intead of asking everyone else to debunk the junk.

With the autism rubbish... what can I say? Congrats.... expect a nobel prize in the mail. You've speculated as to THE cause of autism. It's flouride in the water. Who needs evidence when we have you telling it like its true. It sounds plausible so it must be true.

You are too personally attached to this stuff to see things clearly without bias. Let go of this stuff. It's rubbish. Or don't. No skin off my back.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 2 users Like DeepThought's post
26-05-2013, 05:11 PM (This post was last modified: 26-05-2013 05:15 PM by fstratzero.)
(26-05-2013 03:05 PM)Luminon Wrote:  

Short answer is no.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
26-05-2013, 06:00 PM (This post was last modified: 26-05-2013 06:05 PM by Luminon.)
(26-05-2013 04:57 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  You sweep aside the previous posts and continue as if nothing happened despite most of your core claims being thoroughly debunked.

You have no point, and you clearly dont understand the subject. Why dont you do your homework intead of asking everyone else to debunk the junk.

(26-05-2013 04:57 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  With the autism rubbish... what can I say? Congrats.... expect a nobel prize in the mail. You've speculated as to THE cause of autism. It's flouride in the water. Who needs evidence when we have you telling it like its true. It sounds plausible so it must be true.

You are too personally attached to this stuff to see things clearly without bias. Let go of this stuff. It's rubbish. Or don't. No skin off my back.
I don't care, really. I already am as autistic as I can ever get to be and I know nobody else who is. I just wonder if it's possible to have a serious discussion about such a taboo topic. I tried to find a scientific paper by actual scientists and now I watch the reactions. It's rather you dismissing me. I thought the paper of prof. Strunecka should speak for itself.

As I understand it, the claim here is, that the cocktail effect of many environmental pollutants causes auto-immune reaction towards one's own brain tissue. No wonder something that provokes immune system - like vaccination is held in suspicion. Fewer vaccines might help, but won't solve the problem. There is no easy solution, it is probably determined by the sheer amount of strange chemicals in our industry, interacting with each other into forms that our body uses as chemical signals.

(26-05-2013 05:11 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(26-05-2013 03:05 PM)Luminon Wrote:  The point was, do any of these combine in the water with aluminium? I hope they don't, but they're put into the water for nutrition, so they are biologically active. I don't know how stable these compounds are.

Short answer is no.
Good. Now please tell me, are the dreadful alluminium-fluoride complexes even a real thing? If so, do they ever occur anywhere but on Kim's pottery? Wink
26-05-2013, 06:33 PM (This post was last modified: 27-05-2013 05:20 AM by DeepThought.)
(26-05-2013 06:00 PM)Luminon Wrote:  
(26-05-2013 04:57 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  You sweep aside the previous posts and continue as if nothing happened despite most of your core claims being thoroughly debunked.

I don't care, really. I already am as autistic as I can ever get to be and I know nobody else who is. I just wonder if it's possible to have a serious discussion about such a taboo topic. I tried to find a scientific paper by actual scientists and now I watch the reactions. It's rather you dismissing me. I thought the paper of prof. Strunecka should speak for itself.

As I understand it, the claim here is, that the cocktail effect of many environmental pollutants causes auto-immune reaction towards one's own brain tissue. No wonder something that provokes immune system - like vaccination is held in suspicion. Fewer vaccines might help, but won't solve the problem. There is no easy solution, it is probably determined by the sheer amount of strange chemicals in our industry, interacting with each other into forms that our body uses as chemical signals.

(26-05-2013 05:11 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Short answer is no.
Good. Now please tell me, are the dreadful alluminium-fluoride complexes even a real thing? If so, do they ever occur anywhere but on Kim's pottery? Wink

You talking about this stuff?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aluminium_fluoride
What's so dreadful about it?

The subject isn't taboo. It's in the conspiracy section for a reason. Almost all conspiracy theories are complete garbage.

My reaction to you primarily stems from you brushing aside everyones responses and arrogantly assuming you're smarter than everyone.

As for your professors paper, she even acknowledges the weaknesses of her argument in that paper. Just look at the title, it's in the title as well.

[Image: correlation.png]

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 2 users Like DeepThought's post
27-05-2013, 03:25 AM
fluoride being good or bad for teeth, good or bad for the body, I don't care. Clean teeth don't decay. Who does the government think it is to decide what belongs in tap water? We have a very autocratic government. Even if it's harmless, it is communism by it's nature since the government is making decisions about our health for us, much like circumcision without parental consent. That is communist. Now I'm not sure Hitler really did use fluoride. I am not sure, even if bad, whether it's the worst thing that we should make a fuss about, but if you want to preserve your teeth, brush and floss, avoid the worst combination of foods, which is acid plus sweet, and rinse after eating acid or sweet, avoid dry mouth in the night by sipping H20, floss the tight teeth, and take responsibility for your own health without depending on Uncle Samuel.
27-05-2013, 04:34 AM
Let me get this straight... There are people who still believe in this "conspiracy" and we know that fluoride is NATURAL occurring in a lot of natural springs? And those springs are not poisoned?

SO WHY THE FUCK IS ANYONE STILL DISCUSSING IT!??!? Natural springs have it, it is a natural occurrence, normal mineral found all over the place!

Now, shut the fuck up you fucking conspiracy batshits!

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post