Flouride in the water.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-05-2013, 05:05 AM
RE: Flouride in the water.
(27-05-2013 04:34 AM)Filox Wrote:  Let me get this straight... There are people who still believe in this "conspiracy" and we know that fluoride is NATURAL occurring in a lot of natural springs? And those springs are not poisoned?

SO WHY THE FUCK IS ANYONE STILL DISCUSSING IT!??!? Natural springs have it, it is a natural occurrence, normal mineral found all over the place!

Now, shut the fuck up you fucking conspiracy batshits!

Why isn't this in the Science forum? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
27-05-2013, 05:34 AM
Yeah, this is a good question. There is nothing conspiracy here.

Oh no, did I just support what Chas said? OH SHIT!!

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
27-05-2013, 05:47 AM
(27-05-2013 04:34 AM)Filox Wrote:  Let me get this straight... There are people who still believe in this "conspiracy" and we know that fluoride is NATURAL occurring in a lot of natural springs? And those springs are not poisoned?

SO WHY THE FUCK IS ANYONE STILL DISCUSSING IT!??!? Natural springs have it, it is a natural occurrence, normal mineral found all over the place!

How is me asking about the effects of Fluoride on the human body any different than your Natal thread in the science section?

I humbly and respectfully tell you to shut the fuck up Big Grin Tongue

At least if the question gets raised again in the future by somebody we have some good discussion here to reference people to with some good information.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
27-05-2013, 06:01 AM
Well, my question has no natural background or physical testable evidence, just personal experience. Fluoride can be found in clean, natural springs, it can be tested for its presence there and it can be confirmed. If it is in normal clean springs where water is perfectly healthy, then Why wouldn't we put that same mineral in our water supply?

Also bemore, you asked for 2 scientific questions and you got more scientific answers with facts, documentation, studies, everything. So this is not a conspiracy, because you never claimed it to be, or tried to prove it is/not.

Actually, now that I think about it, I did the very same thing, only you got positive confirmation, I got a negative debunking. But our questions are what matters here, not our ignorance on the subject. So we both deserve to be in the Science section.

Tongue

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
27-05-2013, 06:09 AM
(27-05-2013 06:01 AM)Filox Wrote:  But our questions are what matters here, not our ignorance on the subject.

Amen.

There has been some good answers here, I have learned a lot.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
27-05-2013, 08:02 AM
(26-05-2013 06:33 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  You talking about this stuff?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aluminium_fluoride
What's so dreadful about it?

The subject isn't taboo. It's in the conspiracy section for a reason. Almost all conspiracy theories are complete garbage.

My reaction to you primarily stems from you brushing aside everyones responses and arrogantly assuming you're smarter than everyone.

As for your professors paper, she even acknowledges the weaknesses of her argument in that paper. Just look at the title, it's in the title as well.
Point taken (I don't understand this stuff at all and I need more time to integrate the experience). Don't worry, I'll get ready to calm down the other hot heads next time I see some.
27-05-2013, 10:53 AM

So the "it's natural, so it's not bad" argument?

I suppose hurricanes, tsunamis, earthquakes, tornadoes and volcanic eruptions are all harmless as well. No naturally occurring elements, compounds or phenomena should be harmful by that logic...

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

[+] 2 users Like Adenosis's post
27-05-2013, 11:17 AM
Uranium is a naturally occurring substance, as is coal. Both do harm as well as good depending upon their use. Shy

Asking questions is the most important thing one can do within the realm of science. And showing the reasoning behind the ideas we have about opinions helps discern what is science and what is ... uh... something that is not science. Dodgy

Sorry, I haven't had lunch yet and I'm famished. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
27-05-2013, 12:48 PM
(24-05-2013 03:09 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Meh the rate at which to body throws off the excess fluoride is far greater than what we ingest. You would have to drink an insane amount of water to even begin to poison yourself.

The risk of fluorosis and fluoride poisioning is much higher for tea drinkers who drink a lot of tea (I drink like 10-20 cups/day of different types) than the concentration added to the water supply. That said, we do have our own water dispenser at home we use for drinking and cooking and buy our water in 5-gallon jugs ($1.50 for 5g) which is distilled, carbon and micron filtered, sterilized with ozonation and UV light, and put through a reverse-osmosis system. Why? Mainly because our youngest is a conspiracy nut who doesn't trust the government to add only flouride. "You don't know what else besides flouride they're putting in there, Dad." "You're the crazy son ain't you, all right, whatever, we'll buy the damn water just so we don't have to listen to you anymore." Tongue

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
27-05-2013, 05:10 PM

So is arsenic and sulphur, poisons can easily occur in bodies of water without human intervention.