Flouride in the water.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-05-2013, 05:31 PM
RE: Flouride in the water.
Cyanide is poisonous too! Don't eat apples!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-05-2013, 05:45 PM
(27-05-2013 11:17 AM)kim Wrote:  Uranium is a naturally occurring substance, as is coal. Both do harm as well as good depending upon their use. Shy

Asking questions is the most important thing one can do within the realm of science. And showing the reasoning behind the ideas we have about opinions helps discern what is science and what is ... uh... something that is not science. Dodgy

Sorry, I haven't had lunch yet and I'm famished. Drinking Beverage

If you took a 1kg brick of b12 vitamins and ate it you would die. Same with fluoride.

This is why there are safety limits in respects to dosages.

Ps I love you guys/gals.

[Image: Zu81d56.png]

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 2 users Like fstratzero's post
27-05-2013, 05:45 PM
I've heard you can die if you drink too much semen all at once.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
27-05-2013, 06:08 PM
(27-05-2013 12:48 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  The risk of fluorosis and fluoride poisioning is much higher for tea drinkers who drink a lot of tea (I drink like 10-20 cups/day of different types) than the concentration added to the water supply.

Ten. To twenty cups. What. The. Fuck.

Peeps, fluorine is a poison. Ohmy

Big fucking whoop. So is chlorine. They're both... what the fuck is that, seven valence electrons? Yeah, that thing... but if there was anything to it, there'd be something to it. But, there ain't.

(27-05-2013 05:45 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I've heard you can die if you drink too much semen all at once.

I'll take your word on that one.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
06-06-2013, 08:41 PM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2013 08:53 PM by ridethespiral.)
The way I understand it the danger is from low quality fluorine that hasn't been properly purified being sold to municipalities (which I believe given our world of congressional disfunction, sequestration and exploding fertilizer plants) and over concentration of fluorine caused by negligence (which I can believe for similar reasons) .

All the stuff about pineal gland calcification blocking your higher levels of consciousness and reducing you to a docile sheep-person is garbage (religion can handle that). Your Pineal glad is supposed to calcify with age and it is theorized that calcification serves as a timer and regulates the stages of puberty. Although it does produce mellonin (which is released when consuming psychedelics as well) and have some functions around vision (it is also known to be a primitive eye in some species).

It seems temping to believe the myth for a moment but if it where true why are all the people who drink unfluorinated well water not walking about transcending plains of consciousness? Why wasn't a large percentage of people throughout most of human history, before fluoridation began in the 40's, not achieving heightened levels of consciousness?...because it's BS. It's like the Da'Vince Code, there is a real backdrop and it seems almost plausible, but it's utter BS.

It's also annoying that the conspiracists are obscuring the reals issues and the true pursuit of knowledge with a smoke-screen of smoldering BS, as so often happens in this world of vast mis-information.

[+] 2 users Like ridethespiral's post
07-06-2013, 11:19 AM
Well, it seem we have a new smart person here. Welcome. I hope you stay here for some time.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
07-06-2013, 12:06 PM
(07-06-2013 11:19 AM)Filox Wrote:  Well, it seem we have a new smart person here. Welcome. I hope you stay here for some time.

Haha, thanks! My ego is your new friend, and I'll certainly be around. I strive to be more Smartass than Drooling ...it's my democratic duty.

I would figure an Atheist board would have a higher standard of intelligence/reason than the rest of the web but I could be mistaken.

07-06-2013, 12:09 PM
(07-06-2013 12:06 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  
(07-06-2013 11:19 AM)Filox Wrote:  Well, it seem we have a new smart person here. Welcome. I hope you stay here for some time.

Haha, thanks! My ego is your new friend, and I'll certainly be around. I strive to be more Smartass than Drooling ...it's my democratic duty.

I would figure an Atheist board would have a higher standard of intelligence/reason than the rest of the web but I could be mistaken.

Yes, you are mistaken. We have no standards here. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
19-07-2013, 11:26 PM
To add some irony..

Next time you watch an adult movie, pay attention when a girl opens her mouth wide.
A lot of girls of at least 18 y.o. have cavities in their back teeth (molars?).

Don't know if fluoride is harmful or beneficial in trace quantities such as in tap water,
but I'd rather stick with floss and antiseptic mouthwash. I guess that no amount
of fluoride can protect anybody craving for candybars and 7up. :}
20-07-2013, 12:31 AM
(19-07-2013 11:26 PM)CRM-114 Wrote:  To add some irony..

Next time you watch an adult movie, pay attention when a girl opens her mouth wide.
A lot of girls of at least 18 y.o. have cavities in their back teeth (molars?).

Don't know if fluoride is harmful or beneficial in trace quantities such as in tap water,
but I'd rather stick with floss and antiseptic mouthwash. I guess that no amount
of fluoride can protect anybody craving for candybars and 7up. :}

I got no clue what the fuck that was, but I am confident in placing it in "What The Fuck Was That?" bin for pickup. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.