Flying at Sunset

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
28-04-2012, 11:22 PM
Flying at Sunset
Just thought som of you might like this. I was flying home today from Nashville, TN, and shot a quick video of the sunset at 5,500 ft. I turn the camera around to film myself giving a thumbs up at the controls.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
29-04-2012, 02:31 AM
RE: Flying at Sunset
That's awesome!! I have about 70 hours in cessna 172sp. I love aviation and I don't think there is a better feeling than being in PIC in flight! Cool Video Smile

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
29-04-2012, 08:20 AM
I have spent countless hours flying - albeit as passenger, which has been a worse and worse experience over the years...to the point that I have put a complete stop to it for the last couple if years. Flying as passenger used to be a comfortable, pleasurable experience until airplane seats became smaller and smaller to the point where my knees are now permanently stuck in place against the seat in front of me. Pure agony if you take an 11 hour flight... The only way to bear it anymore is to move up to business and first class. Plus the airports - it's like being herded around like cows now with all the security stuff.

The views I have seen, however, are just magnificent. I wish I had taken pictures. Both nature and the cities are a magnificent thing to behold from above. I would never get tired of that part.

Some of the most pleasurable rides have been in a friend's Cessna. Small planes are the only fun way to fly anymore. Too bad their range is not far enough for my purposes....

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
29-04-2012, 09:37 AM (This post was last modified: 29-04-2012 07:55 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(28-04-2012 11:22 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Just thought som of you might like this. I was flying home today from Nashville, TN, and shot a quick video of the sunset at 5,500 ft. I turn the camera around to film myself giving a thumbs up at the controls.

SO cool !
What are you flying ?
Just got my license.
ALways think "amazing how many millions of years humans have looked up at the clouds, and here we are, actually up in one".

I finally get it .. "in thrust we trust".

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
29-04-2012, 10:21 AM
(29-04-2012 09:37 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(28-04-2012 11:22 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Just thought som of you might like this. I was flying home today from Nashville, TN, and shot a quick video of the sunset at 5,500 ft. I turn the camera around to film myself giving a thumbs up at the controls.

SO cool !
What are you flying ?
Just got my license.
ALways think "amazing how many millions of years humans have looked up at the clouds, and here we are, actually up in one".

Congrats on getting your private! Start building time and experience. Getting the PPL is the beginning of something truly unique and exciting for you. You just accomplished something that 99.8% of the people in this world have not.

I'm flying a Piper PA-28-160 Warrior in the video. Nice, solid bird to fly. I post my flying stuff on YouTube on the channel LordsOfLanding. I'll also be posting some videos of aerobatic flying in a Bellanca Decahtalon soon.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
29-04-2012, 10:38 AM
Very nice!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
29-04-2012, 10:45 AM
Gorgeous. Another PPL checking in, I have about 250 hours but I haven't been up in years. I'd love to see your aerobatic stuff!
29-04-2012, 07:23 PM
Where are you flying out of bugsmasher? I have a lot of friends who fly acro here in north tx. It is definitley a long term goal of mine. I want to eventually fly a Pitts - I just think bi-planes are so romantic!! I actually just went to Italy in August of last year to help my friend on the judges line( I did nothing but record scores and run them from judges to the panel) for the World Aerobatic Competiton. It was amazing-- all of the best pilots from all over the world all in one place.. Thumbsup

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
[+] 1 user Likes k37713's post
29-04-2012, 07:52 PM
Gorgeous...and the flight looked alright too! Tongue

I used to have a friend that was a Qantas pilot (don't see him anymore) and he used to take us up all the time, in different small aircraft, which was spectacular! I think I used to annoy him with questions like; 'can you explain the aerodynamics of flying?' Big Grin
He once snuck us in to the flight simulator - now that was amazing.

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
29-04-2012, 08:18 PM
(29-04-2012 07:52 PM)aurora Wrote:  Gorgeous...and the flight looked alright too! Tongue

I used to have a friend that was a Qantas pilot (don't see him anymore) and he used to take us up all the time, in different small aircraft, which was spectacular! I think I used to annoy him with questions like; 'can you explain the aerodynamics of flying?' Big Grin
He once snuck us in to the flight simulator - now that was amazing.

Are you sure it wasn't a flight Stimulator? Big Grin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel