Flying at Sunset

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
23-05-2012, 04:13 PM
RE: Flying at Sunset
I'm not jealous of someone owning a plane, I'm not jealous of someone owning a plane, I'm not jealous of someone owning a plane. How much would a plane like that cost?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-05-2012, 04:48 PM
(23-05-2012 04:13 PM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  I'm not jealous of someone owning a plane, I'm not jealous of someone owning a plane, I'm not jealous of someone owning a plane. How much would a plane like that cost?
Depends on whether you're talking about purchase price or cost over some number of years. You're probably NOT jealous of someone owning a plane. Wink Having access to a plane, on the other hand...
23-05-2012, 05:07 PM
(23-05-2012 04:48 PM)rook2004 Wrote:  
(23-05-2012 04:13 PM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  I'm not jealous of someone owning a plane, I'm not jealous of someone owning a plane, I'm not jealous of someone owning a plane. How much would a plane like that cost?
Depends on whether you're talking about purchase price or cost over some number of years. You're probably NOT jealous of someone owning a plane. Wink Having access to a plane, on the other hand...
Dude I'm jealous that NASA owns spaceships, anything that can fly you know? I know for a certain that I would have a blast taking off and cruising around and stuff. It's the getting down part that would probably be difficult, especially if I had hijacked a space shuttle.
23-05-2012, 05:29 PM
So have any of you spent time in a weight shift trike? This is my next "project". I've flown in a PPG and piloted one a few times (obviously not solo, but was if full control, take off to landing) and completely fell in love with ultralights and micros. Advice for a budding rec pilot?

So many cats, so few good recipes.
23-05-2012, 06:07 PM
(23-05-2012 05:29 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  So have any of you spent time in a weight shift trike? This is my next "project". I've flown in a PPG and piloted one a few times (obviously not solo, but was if full control, take off to landing) and completely fell in love with ultralights and micros. Advice for a budding rec pilot?
I have never flown ultralights or micro-lights, though they seem like a lot of fun.

Probably the best advice is to just go out and do it. If you want to fly, go down to your local airport, flight school and arrange to take a discovery flight with a CFI there. That would be the first step to becoming a private pilot.

Ultimately, it's up to you and what you would like to do as a pilot. There are so many options available. One of these days I'll finish up my Commercial Pilots License for fixed wing - all thats left is to log the hours with a CFI, do the written and take the practical. I also want to obtain my Multi engine rating as well as earn my PPLs for gliders and helicopters. There is so much available to learn and do in aviation. It's a lifetime of fun.

In recent times, the sport pilot rating is becoming popular for people who want to fly Light Sport Aircraft (LSAs) on local day VFR flights and they are often the stepping stone to a Private Pilot's License and beyond. An advantage to the sport Pilot's license is it requires about half the total flight time of a PPL to attain and you can use your drivers license as a medical certificate. You must acquire an FAA issued medical certificate - Thrid Class at least - for a PPL. The downsides are limited types of airplanes you can fly and conditions of flight per FAR 61.315. But some people obtain an SPR, then go on and do their PPL.

Hope that helps.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade