Flying white elephant is DOA

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-12-2012, 01:18 AM
RE: Flying white elephant is DOA
(22-12-2012 07:26 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(22-12-2012 06:47 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Only because we have not engaged a country with a formidable Air Force in 20 years. I do not recommended having a fleet of F-35s or X-47s to face off against China or Russia or India or Iran.

In the end, it's the pilots who will have to make due with this airplane and its shortcomings. If we have a major conflict where we are in a serious air war, I fear a lot of F-35s will be shot down and when captured US pilots appear on the 11 O'Clock news, there will finally be a public furor over why the government bought such mediocre airplanes.
But there never will be a war with China, Russia, India or some other major power.
Iran maybe, certainly biggest threat. But you hardly need to spend trillions to roll out the absolute best fighters ever designed because there is a slight chance of war with Iran.
You forget that you're not exactly the only western country with an air force right?

If it is a show of force, well... considering America is responsible for half the worlds military spending I don't think it matters.

Don't be too sure on that. Events change. Situations change. I only trust a plane flying the US roundel. Also if you squander the cash on useless hardware, well it's just wasted.

We do need replacement aircraft that are appropriate and do the job well. We just don't need the F-35. Kill it and begin a series of smaller, single purpose, more cost effective aircraft which can replace our fleet.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Flying white elephant is DOA - Janus - 21-12-2012, 07:22 PM
RE: Flying white elephant is DOA - Diablo - 29-12-2012, 06:03 AM
RE: Flying white elephant is DOA - Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver - 23-12-2012 01:18 AM
RE: Flying white elephant is DOA - Janus - 28-12-2012, 08:16 PM
RE: Flying white elephant is DOA - Diablo - 29-12-2012, 04:16 PM
RE: Flying white elephant is DOA - Diablo - 31-12-2012, 10:47 AM
RE: Flying white elephant is DOA - Janus - 01-01-2013, 09:27 AM