Flying white elephant is DOA

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-12-2012, 07:22 PM (This post was last modified: 21-12-2012 08:29 PM by Janus.)
Flying white elephant is DOA
[Image: X-47B_zps7b0fa201.jpg]

http://www.gizmag.com/x-47b-sea-trials/25505/

5 years before the first, manned, F-35s are even delivered!
If that doesn't prove that the F-35 is already an extinct dinosaur, DOA – and the billions upon billions of taxpayer money spent on its development an obscene waste – then I don't know what is.

But of course the industry, the puppet masters, will make sure the development of the F-35 continues, totally ignoring the drones' potential, because of those billions upon billions (of taxpayers' money) that are landing in THEIR pockets! For a weapon that will never be used (and is no match for already operational MIG 35s and 39s anyway).

The F-35 is about to become the biggest white elephant in history. And the taxpayer about to be stolen blind. Again.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-12-2012, 06:36 PM
RE: Flying white elephant is DOA
(21-12-2012 07:22 PM)Janus Wrote:  
[Image: X-47B_zps7b0fa201.jpg]

http://www.gizmag.com/x-47b-sea-trials/25505/

5 years before the first, manned, F-35s are even delivered!
If that doesn't prove that the F-35 is already an extinct dinosaur, DOA – and the billions upon billions of taxpayer money spent on its development an obscene waste – then I don't know what is.

But of course the industry, the puppet masters, will make sure the development of the F-35 continues, totally ignoring the drones' potential, because of those billions upon billions (of taxpayers' money) that are landing in THEIR pockets! For a weapon that will never be used (and is no match for already operational MIG 35s and 39s anyway).

The F-35 is about to become the biggest white elephant in history. And the taxpayer about to be stolen blind. Again.

Actually F-35s are already being delivered. A USMC squadron at MCAS Yuma received its first few F-35Bs this month and senior Marine Aviators are beginning the transition to the airplane. I also understand that the USAF is receiving its first few production F-35As soon, as well.

Don't get me wrong. As an aerospace engineer, I will tell you the F-35 is a clusterfuck, already nearly 300% over budget, doesn't work as expected, and is forecast to cost nearly a trillion ($1,000,000,000,000) over its service life.

We do desperately need a new manned fighter, or a series of new manned fighters, to replace our geriatric fleet of combat aircraft in our inventory. The F-35 is just not the answer to that problem.

It is also not effective to replace the F-35 with the X-47B. It's a unmanned, stealthy bomb truck and not cut out for the role as a fighter. The X-47B does have its place in our inventory, but we're not ready for a total conversion to an unmanned fleet yet. We may even see a sixth generation manned fighter later this century.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
22-12-2012, 06:40 PM
As long as it out performs the enemies, which often consists of middle eastern rebels/governments, does it really matter if it is out preformed by say some British fighter that it's never gonna need to compete against?

Through a couple anti-ground AA things on it, make it a bit faster and more agile then a MiG and you'll be right.

Besides, they're more used for airstrikes now anyway.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
22-12-2012, 06:47 PM
(22-12-2012 06:40 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  As long as it out performs the enemies, which often consists of middle eastern rebels/governments, does it really matter if it is out preformed by say some British fighter that it's never gonna need to compete against?

Through a couple anti-ground AA things on it, make it a bit faster and more agile then a MiG and you'll be right.

Only because we have not engaged a country with a formidable Air Force in 20 years. I do not recommended having a fleet of F-35s or X-47s to face off against China or Russia or India or Iran.

In the end, it's the pilots who will have to make due with this airplane and its shortcomings. If we have a major conflict where we are in a serious air war, I fear a lot of F-35s will be shot down and when captured US pilots appear on the 11 O'Clock news, there will finally be a public furor over why the government bought such mediocre airplanes.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

22-12-2012, 06:49 PM
I was expecting some elaborate pun about the Republican's choice of political symbol.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
22-12-2012, 07:26 PM
(22-12-2012 06:47 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  
(22-12-2012 06:40 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  As long as it out performs the enemies, which often consists of middle eastern rebels/governments, does it really matter if it is out preformed by say some British fighter that it's never gonna need to compete against?

Only because we have not engaged a country with a formidable Air Force in 20 years. I do not recommended having a fleet of F-35s or X-47s to face off against China or Russia or India or Iran.

In the end, it's the pilots who will have to make due with this airplane and its shortcomings. If we have a major conflict where we are in a serious air war, I fear a lot of F-35s will be shot down and when captured US pilots appear on the 11 O'Clock news, there will finally be a public furor over why the government bought such mediocre airplanes.
But there never will be a war with China, Russia, India or some other major power.
Iran maybe, certainly biggest threat. But you hardly need to spend trillions to roll out the absolute best fighters ever designed because there is a slight chance of war with Iran.
You forget that you're not exactly the only western country with an air force right?

If it is a show of force, well... considering America is responsible for half the worlds military spending I don't think it matters.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
23-12-2012, 01:18 AM
(22-12-2012 07:26 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(22-12-2012 06:47 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Only because we have not engaged a country with a formidable Air Force in 20 years. I do not recommended having a fleet of F-35s or X-47s to face off against China or Russia or India or Iran.

But there never will be a war with China, Russia, India or some other major power.
Iran maybe, certainly biggest threat. But you hardly need to spend trillions to roll out the absolute best fighters ever designed because there is a slight chance of war with Iran.
You forget that you're not exactly the only western country with an air force right?

If it is a show of force, well... considering America is responsible for half the worlds military spending I don't think it matters.

Don't be too sure on that. Events change. Situations change. I only trust a plane flying the US roundel. Also if you squander the cash on useless hardware, well it's just wasted.

We do need replacement aircraft that are appropriate and do the job well. We just don't need the F-35. Kill it and begin a series of smaller, single purpose, more cost effective aircraft which can replace our fleet.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

23-12-2012, 03:33 AM
I have a general idea of how the world works in particular economics. I can say with 100% certainty that the chances of a war between the US and another major world power (excluding Iran and maaaaybe NK) are lower then the chances of Jesus being resurrected right in front of my face tomorrow and giving me a high five.

[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
23-12-2012, 04:51 AM
Still no jokes about Republican symbols?

[Image: 639-gop-elephant.jpg]

It's literally just waiting for you.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
23-12-2012, 12:09 PM
(23-12-2012 03:33 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I have a general idea of how the world works in particular economics. I can say with 100% certainty that the chances of a war between the US and another major world power (excluding Iran and maaaaybe NK) are lower then the chances of Jesus being resurrected right in front of my face tomorrow and giving me a high five.

What happens when the economy collapses? And we are teetering on the edge of this.......

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Why do poor white men in the US predominately support Republicans? GirlyMan 33 437 21-07-2014 08:01 AM
Last Post: RobbyPants
  White Privlige and Ignoring the Problem BrokenQuill92 122 2,382 23-01-2014 08:15 PM
Last Post: BnW
  White people in the US are so privileged. janthuffy 36 1,014 14-08-2013 09:22 AM
Last Post: Chas
  White Genocide in South Africa - Where's the media? janthuffy 10 667 03-08-2013 03:36 PM
Last Post: morondog
  Is it racist to deport immigrants that aren't white? I and I 20 803 05-06-2013 10:03 PM
Last Post: Anjele
  Do white people secretly like Hitler? BizzysaidAss 233 10,857 10-01-2013 06:33 AM
Last Post: earmuffs
  Mormon and Catholic in the White House Denicio 19 663 02-11-2012 12:12 AM
Last Post: Birdguy1979