Flying white elephant is DOA

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-12-2012, 12:33 PM
RE: Flying white elephant is DOA
(23-12-2012 04:51 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Still no jokes about Republican symbols?

[Image: 639-gop-elephant.jpg]

It's literally just waiting for you.
Too early; the elections destroyed a lot of grey matter. xP

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
23-12-2012, 01:56 PM
I didn't think Dead or Alive was that big a deal, I remember playing it in my youth and had some fun- it's a simple fighting game franchise, I don't see why it needs public funding.
28-12-2012, 08:13 PM
(23-12-2012 01:56 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  I didn't think Dead or Alive was that big a deal, I remember playing it in my youth and had some fun- it's a simple fighting game franchise, I don't see why it needs public funding.

?????? Wrong thread, guy.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
28-12-2012, 08:16 PM
(28-12-2012 08:13 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  
(23-12-2012 01:56 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  I didn't think Dead or Alive was that big a deal, I remember playing it in my youth and had some fun- it's a simple fighting game franchise, I don't see why it needs public funding.

?????? Wrong thread, guy.

He's got an uncanny knack for that, Carlo...
28-12-2012, 10:08 PM
(23-12-2012 12:09 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  
(23-12-2012 03:33 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I have a general idea of how the world works in particular economics. I can say with 100% certainty that the chances of a war between the US and another major world power (excluding Iran and maaaaybe NK) are lower then the chances of Jesus being resurrected right in front of my face tomorrow and giving me a high five.

What happens when the economy collapses? And we are teetering on the edge of this.......
If the economy collapses then war still wont break out.
Like I said, economies and such are intertwined. If the American economy collapses, so does the European one, so does the Chinese one etc..
And rather then having one country in no place to start a war, nobody is in a position to start a war.

This isn't 500, 200 or even 100 years ago.
100 years ago countries were all self sufficient. Globalization hadn't taken off yet.
So you can have huge wars between the most powerful countries back then, ie: Germany v UK
You can't do that anymore. It just can't happen because all major powers are so reliant on each other.
And those that aren't reliant on anyone, North Korea, are very very low on friends.

The biggest threat today is extremists. Not just religious but culturally too. As you have cultures spreading out then you're going to get a bit of backlash. ie: Europe at the moment are not too happy with all the Muslim immigration.
But these are things without boarders, these are not nation v nation.

The time of war between major powers was over the moment the Cold War ended.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
29-12-2012, 06:03 AM (This post was last modified: 29-12-2012 06:11 AM by Diablo.)
(22-12-2012 06:36 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  
(21-12-2012 07:22 PM)Janus Wrote:  
[Image: X-47B_zps7b0fa201.jpg]

http://www.gizmag.com/x-47b-sea-trials/25505/

5 years before the first, manned, F-35s are even delivered!
If that doesn't prove that the F-35 is already an extinct dinosaur, DOA – and the billions upon billions of taxpayer money spent on its development an obscene waste – then I don't know what is.

But of course the industry, the puppet masters, will make sure the development of the F-35 continues, totally ignoring the drones' potential, because of those billions upon billions (of taxpayers' money) that are landing in THEIR pockets! For a weapon that will never be used (and is no match for already operational MIG 35s and 39s anyway).

The F-35 is about to become the biggest white elephant in history. And the taxpayer about to be stolen blind. Again.

Actually F-35s are already being delivered. A USMC squadron at MCAS Yuma received its first few F-35Bs this month and senior Marine Aviators are beginning the transition to the airplane. I also understand that the USAF is receiving its first few production F-35As soon, as well.

Don't get me wrong. As an aerospace engineer, I will tell you the F-35 is a clusterfuck, already nearly 300% over budget, doesn't work as expected, and is forecast to cost nearly a trillion ($1,000,000,000,000) over its service life.

We do desperately need a new manned fighter, or a series of new manned fighters, to replace our geriatric fleet of combat aircraft in our inventory. The F-35 is just not the answer to that problem.

It is also not effective to replace the F-35 with the X-47B. It's a unmanned, stealthy bomb truck and not cut out for the role as a fighter. The X-47B does have its place in our inventory, but we're not ready for a total conversion to an unmanned fleet yet. We may even see a sixth generation manned fighter later this century.
We do? What for? Are we going to build a time machine back to 1975 to have dog fights with the Russians?

I wouldn't call this plane DoA yet either... I am sure they will just keep dumping money at it till it becomes the best. Sort of like the m16.
No one could ever dream of outspending the US.
29-12-2012, 02:31 PM
No. We need a new fighter(s) to 1) To replace our geriatric fleet of older aircraft and 2) to keep pace with existing threats posed by major air forces like China's or Russia's.

Don't give me that BS about it'll never happen. If the money or talks fail, the bombs fall. The tip of he spear had best be sharp JIC.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

29-12-2012, 04:16 PM (This post was last modified: 29-12-2012 04:27 PM by Diablo.)
That geriatric fleet just RAPED the middle east.... What more do you want? Rape them x2?

We already outspend the rest of the world combined in defense...
Meanwhile there are 0 military threats to the US atm.
Are you seriously suggesting spending more on defense?
Are you that big of a pussy?

Even if you ignore all the logical arguments of ears, MAD assures that major powers won't fight.
29-12-2012, 04:44 PM
(28-12-2012 10:08 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(23-12-2012 12:09 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  What happens when the economy collapses? And we are teetering on the edge of this.......
The time of war between major powers was over the moment the Cold War ended.

I hope you're right, but I have to admit I'm not sure I share your optimism. I'm torn between teaching my children how to hunt, slaughter their own food as well as grow it.

I dunno -- I guess I'm feeling rather pessimistic. I just can't see things continuing as they are without a HUGE economic correction (which could very well, equal depression).
29-12-2012, 05:20 PM (This post was last modified: 29-12-2012 05:41 PM by Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver.)
(29-12-2012 04:16 PM)Diablo Wrote:  That geriatric fleet just RAPED the middle east.... What more do you want? Rape them x2?

We already outspend the rest of the world combined in defense...
Meanwhile there are 0 military threats to the US atm.
Are you seriously suggesting spending more on defense?
Are you that big of a pussy?

Even if you ignore all the logical arguments of ears, MAD assures that major powers won't fight.

Yeah it works well when, as I said in my last posts, and nobody bothered to read them, WE HAVE NOT GONE TO WAR WITH A COUNTRY HAVING A SIGNIFICANT AIR FORCE FOR THE LAST 20 YEARS!

So, yeah fly bomb trucks up in the flight levels over nations with no effective fighter force and no ground based IADS, they can pretty much strike with impunity.

There ARE threats to the US in the form on China, Russia, Iran and a number of terrorist cells throughout the world. The major countries listed do possess formidable air forces and they are the need for a fighter.

Defense spending does not need to be increased, it just needs to be spent judiciously and on more effective programs. I'd kill the JSF and replace it with a series of simpler, more effective combat aircraft at a fraction of the cost spent on the JSF program.

As for the MAD doctorine, when the economies and resources go, so MAD goes out the window.

Any more questions?

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"