Flynn resigns

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-02-2017, 09:38 AM
RE: Flynn resigns
(14-02-2017 05:15 AM)Aliza Wrote:  He apologized and the president and vice president accepted his apology.

So... case closed.

Nope. That's what they want to us to think. In fact, it's just the beginning.
There are layers upon layers of conflict of interest and ethics problems here.
Watergate all over again.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
14-02-2017, 09:54 AM
(14-02-2017 09:38 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(14-02-2017 05:15 AM)Aliza Wrote:  He apologized and the president and vice president accepted his apology.

So... case closed.

I agree. There will be a lot of digging and spelunking going on, and all kinds of things will surface.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
14-02-2017, 09:56 AM
(14-02-2017 09:38 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

So... case closed.

I expect many will end up out like Flynn.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
14-02-2017, 10:48 AM
And then there's this. Everybody's a comedian these days Rolleyes

"Dear Mike Flynn & Mike Flynn Jr., What goes around COMETS around,” Reines tweeted, along with a link to a job opening at Dominos Pizza.

"The 2016 Democratic presidential nominee retweeted a post from longtime confidant Philipe Reines, who made a reference to Flynn and his son, who had propagated a conspiracy theory that connected Clinton and her campaign chairman to Washington, D.C., pizzeria Comet Ping Pong during the presidential election.
In December, Michael Flynn Jr. tweeted about the armed man who entered Comet Ping Pong in Northwest D.C. because of a conspiracy theory that Clinton and John Podesta ran a child-sex ring in a back room of the pizza shop.

“Until #Pizzagate proven to be false, it'll remain a story," Flynn Jr. tweeted at the time.

"The left seems to forget #PodestaEmails and the many ‘coincidences’ tied to it,” he added in the since-deleted tweet."

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 7 users Like Vera's post
14-02-2017, 11:06 AM
(14-02-2017 06:22 AM)julep Wrote:  

So... case closed.
That's the gist of the interview I just saw on CNN. "Move along...nothing to see here, nothing to talk about..." Consider

Yeah, their thinking is "maybe if nobody talks about it it will all go away". Dodgy

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
14-02-2017, 11:09 AM
(14-02-2017 11:06 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(14-02-2017 06:22 AM)julep Wrote:  That's the gist of the interview I just saw on CNN. "Move along...nothing to see here, nothing to talk about..." Consider

Yeah, their thinking is "maybe if nobody talks about it it will all go away". Dodgy

It's not going to go away. It's only the beginning.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
14-02-2017, 12:01 PM
(14-02-2017 11:09 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(14-02-2017 11:06 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Yeah, their thinking is "maybe if nobody talks about it it will all go away". Dodgy

Flynn's just another liar. The current WH is crawling with them.

The Agent Orange WH hopes it will go away, but even Republicans are calling for an investigation. Source: Michael Flynn resignation: He had to go, says White House

From the article:
Quote:Republicans have joined congressional calls for an investigation into Mr Flynn's contacts with Russia.
[+] 1 user Likes Heath_Tierney's post
14-02-2017, 12:08 PM
The orange grub reminds me of the captain of the Titanic who thought everything was okay after the iceberg struck its starboard bow LOL.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
14-02-2017, 02:01 PM
So Flynn apparently had conversations with the Russian Ambassador about sanctions back in December and then lied claiming his conversations were just small talk. This is allegedly the reason for his resignation. However, I believe this article give the real reason:

Quote:Still, current and former administration officials familiar with the call said the transcript was ambiguous enough that Mr. Trump could have justified either firing or retaining Mr. Flynn. Mr. Trump, however, had become increasingly concerned about the continued fallout over Mr. Flynn’s behavior, according to people familiar with his thinking, and told aides that the media storm around Mr. Flynn would damage the president’s image on national security issues.

Yup, more ego worries. Dodgy

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
14-02-2017, 02:19 PM
(14-02-2017 11:09 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(14-02-2017 11:06 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Yeah, their thinking is "maybe if nobody talks about it it will all go away". Dodgy

I thought this thing was gonna blow up. It's got a life of its own now and with or without Chaffetz and the Republicans Woodward and Bernstein are gonna find the truth. I think it's clear the Trump knew exactly what was going on (he doesn't strike me as someone who would allow being left in the dark by subordinates) and some intrepid investigative journalist is gonna prove it. The impeachment has begun. The Republicans win.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post