Flynn resigns

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-02-2017, 02:38 PM
RE: Flynn resigns
(14-02-2017 02:19 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(14-02-2017 11:09 AM)Dom Wrote:  It's not going to go away. It's only the beginning.

I thought this thing was gonna blow up. It's got a life of its own now and with or without Chaffetz and the Republicans Woodward and Bernstein are gonna find the truth. I think it's clear the Trump knew exactly what was going on (he doesn't strike me as someone who would allow being left in the dark by subordinates) and some intrepid investigative journalist is gonna prove it. The impeachment has begun. The Republicans win.

With a lot of luck, Russian involvement in the elections will be tracked exactly and proven and there will then be a lot of calls for a new election....

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-02-2017, 02:43 PM
Trump has been caught in yet-another lie.

Souce: Trump knew of Flynn Russia phone call issues 'weeks ago'

From the article:

Quote:President Donald Trump knew weeks ago there were problems with Michael Flynn's Russia phone calls, a White House spokesman has said...

Mr Trump had previously said he was unaware of the reports about Mr Flynn.

Leading Repubs continue to press for an investigation.

Quote:Republican John McCain, chairman of the Senate armed services committee, said Mr Flynn's resignation was a "troubling indication of the dysfunction of the current national security apparatus" and raises questions about Mr Trump's intentions towards Russia.

Senator Roy Blunt, a Republican member of the Senate intelligence committee, called for an investigation into any alleged connections between Mr Trump and Russian officials.

Texas Senator John Cornyn, the second-ranked Senate Republican leader, echoed calls for an investigation into Mr Flynn's ties to Russia.

But Agent Orange is too busy trying to plug leaks, rather than deal with the issue of Russian influence.

His tweet of Feb 14, 6:28 a.m.:
Quote:The real story here is why are there so many illegal leaks coming out of Washington? Will these leaks be happening as I deal on N.Korea etc?
[+] 2 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
14-02-2017, 03:30 PM
(14-02-2017 11:09 AM)Dom Wrote:  It's not going to go away. It's only the beginning.

I thought this thing was gonna blow up. It's got a life of its own now and with or without Chaffetz and the Republicans Woodward and Bernstein are gonna find the truth. I think it's clear the Trump knew exactly what was going on (he doesn't strike me as someone who would allow being left in the dark by subordinates) and some intrepid investigative journalist is gonna prove it. The impeachment has begun. The Republicans win.

No, no one wins.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
14-02-2017, 08:49 PM

Flynn's the third Trump associate that had to resign for ties to Russia, that's insane.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/arc...on/516630/

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
14-02-2017, 09:59 PM
CNN now reporting that a number of Trump campaign officials were in "constant communication" throughout the campaign with suspected Russian intelligence operatives known to U.S. intelligence agencies.

Quote:High-level advisers close to then-presidential nominee Donald Trump were in constant communication during the campaign with Russians known to US intelligence, multiple current and former intelligence, law enforcement and administration officials tell CNN.

President-elect Trump and then-President Barack Obama were both briefed on details of the extensive communications between suspected Russian operatives and people associated with the Trump campaign and the Trump business, according to US officials familiar with the matter.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
15-02-2017, 07:36 AM
The swamp just gets murkier and murkier.

Flynn contact with Russia: Republicans join calls for investigation

From the article:
Quote:Leading members of the US Republican Party have joined calls for a wide investigation into the former national security adviser's links with Russia...

The development came as the New York Times reported that phone records and intercepted calls show members of Mr Trump's presidential campaign, as well as other Trump associates, "had repeated contacts with senior Russian intelligence officials in the year before the election".
[+] 1 user Likes Heath_Tierney's post
15-02-2017, 01:31 PM
The latest: Agent Orange, Fox News and Brietbart are blaming the intelligence community, leaks and the media for the entire fiasco (colour me surprised. Gasp ) in a vain attempt to distract from the facts.

Source: Trump hits back at US media reports on Russia contacts

and

Flynn resignation: Fox, Breitbart focus on leaks
15-02-2017, 02:23 PM
lol, blaming the intelligence community for this is like the burglar blaming the cops for the jewelry in his backpack.
[+] 6 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
15-02-2017, 03:24 PM
If this Drumpf-Russia thing had surfaced before the election, Clinton probably would've come out on top.

Quote:Donald Trump is facing more grounds for impeachment or legal action following revelations about his team’s ties to Russia during the election campaign, according to lawyers...

Mr Trump reportedly knew for at least three weeks that Michael Flynn, his former national security adviser, called the Russian ambassador to the US last year to reassure them that sanctions would be overturned...
Quote:Mr Trump’s aides and associates allegedly had frequent and repeated communication with Russian members of government and intelligence in the run-up to the election, according to travel, bank and phone records obtained by US intelligence and law enforcement agencies...

If it were proved that the President's aides or associates did work with Russia to sabotage Hillary Clinton’s chances, spread fake news and hack DNC computers, it could violate the 1799 Logan Act, a statute which bars private citizens from interfering with diplomatic relations between the US and foreign governments.

UK Independent, 13 hours ago.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
15-02-2017, 03:39 PM
(15-02-2017 01:31 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  The latest: Agent Orange, Fox News and Brietbart are blaming the intelligence community, leaks and the media for the entire fiasco (colour me surprised. Gasp ) in a vain attempt to distract from the facts.

Source: Trump hits back at US media reports on Russia contacts

and

Flynn resignation: Fox, Breitbart focus on leaks

Also, Minimalist over at AF linked to an article reporting that the intelligence community is even more infuriated over Trump's latest attacks on them, and that they are ready to "go nuclear".

I'll go fetch it up if he hasn't already posted it here.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post