Flynn resigns

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-02-2017, 09:11 AM
RE: Flynn resigns
(16-02-2017 08:55 AM)DLJ Wrote:  This has all the hallmarks of an internal turf war... a muscle flexing game between the CIA and FBI over who has control over the puppets' (and purse) strings.

I don't think that's it. The intelligence community at large is resisting. There are a few Trumpers in the FBI, but it's not the majority.

And Trump's latest move, pulling in a friend of his, Steven Feinberg, a billionaire who specializes in tearing apart and re-organizing companies, to oversee all intelligence, is going to start an all out war between Trump and the agencies.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
16-02-2017, 09:16 AM
(16-02-2017 09:11 AM)Dom Wrote:  And Trump's latest move, pulling in a friend of his, Steven Feinberg, a billionaire who specializes in tearing apart and re-organizing companies, to oversee all intelligence, is going to start an all out war between Trump and the agencies.

If Agent Orange thinks the leaks are bad now, just wait until Feinberg starts meddling.

I predict that before the summer is over, someone deep inside the WH is going to bolt and start writing a book about the dysfunction that's proving to be the hallmark of this disastrous administration.

Probably won't be Bannon, but could be Kellyann, Sean or maybe even Reince.
16-02-2017, 09:32 AM
(16-02-2017 09:16 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  ...
I predict that before the summer is over, someone deep inside the WH is going to bolt and start writing a book about the dysfunction that's proving to be the hallmark of this disastrous administration.

Don't be soft. They started written them during the campaign.

[Image: quote-keep-a-diary-and-one-day-it-ll-kee...302543.jpg]

Remember the type of person we're dealing with here.

Reminds me of my dad describing British politics to me when I was knee-high, "The question is, should you vote for someone who thinks, "What's in it for me?" or for someone who thinks, "What's in it for us?""

Always seemed like a no-brainer to me.

Sleepy

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
16-02-2017, 09:59 AM
The personalities running this giant ship have never been on a boat before. They seem to be pulling all the wrong ropes and making all the wrong knots and grabbing at the rudder and helm and bumping into each other. The clueless captain, who has certainly never been on a sailship, it giving all the wrong orders but doesn't care because he's in love with the sound of his own voice and the uniform he gets to wear. It's a mess.

[Image: CfteGliWQAA5d5n.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
16-02-2017, 10:53 AM
(16-02-2017 08:42 AM)Fireball Wrote:  "Trump blames media, leaks for Flynn's downfall". So which is it? This or the developing distrust that Spicer stated? How long is it going to be before Agent Orange's supporters finally get it?!

It makes sense to me that it was the media leaks. Trump didn't find fault with Flynn's actions. It was only when it became public and it was ruining his image that Flynn had to be fired retire. Narcissism can't tolerate a tarnished image.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
16-02-2017, 12:18 PM
(16-02-2017 01:24 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(15-02-2017 03:51 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Here it is: http://www.rawstory.com/2017/02/he-will-...nts=disqus

Looks to me like Trump poked the wrong fucking bear.

Mmmm. I think that's a dumb move by Schindler. You don't tweet your intentions to take someone like Trump down. Do it first and tweet later.

Perhaps. It may be the intention is to get him to shut up.
16-02-2017, 12:28 PM
Do you suppose the WLB and his billionaire asshole buddy are going to be able to control our allies, too?

http://www.newsweek.com/allies-intercept...ons-557283

Quote:U.S. Allies Conduct Intelligence Operation Against Trump Staff and Associates, Intercepted Communications

Quote:The Western European intelligence operations began in August, after the British government obtained information that people acting on behalf of Russia were in contact with members of the Trump campaign. Those details from the British were widely shared among the NATO allies in Europe. The Baltic nation has been gathering intelligence for at least that long, and has conducted surveillance of executives from the Trump Organization who were traveling in Europe.

These operations reflect a serious breakdown in the long-standing faith in the direction of American policy by some of the country’s most important allies. Worse, the United States is now in a situation that may be unprecedented—where European governments know more about what is going on in the executive branch than any elected American official. To date, the Republican-controlled Congress has declined to conduct hearings to investigate the links between Trump’s overseas business partners and foreign governments, or the activities between Russia and officials in the Trump campaign and administration—the very areas being examined by the intelligence services of at least two American allies.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
16-02-2017, 10:14 PM
Harward turns down Trump’s national security offer
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/ro...lks-235120

“The first source also said that the broader appearance of a White House struggling mightily to get organized factored heavily on Harward’s thinking — what the source described as "lack of command and control," a "lack of discipline," and "an unwillingness of White House political team to be malleable.”

Harward knows what a clusterfuck looks like and wants no part of it. Good for him, bad for us.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
17-02-2017, 12:03 AM
(16-02-2017 10:14 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Harward turns down Trump’s national security offer
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/ro...lks-235120

“The first source also said that the broader appearance of a White House struggling mightily to get organized factored heavily on Harward’s thinking — what the source described as "lack of command and control," a "lack of discipline," and "an unwillingness of White House political team to be malleable.”

Harward knows what a clusterfuck looks like and wants no part of it. Good for him, bad for us.

Also said he wanted assurances that he could pick his own staff and be independent - the fact that Trump didn't give those assurances shows that he intends all government departments to be staffed by sycophants.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
17-02-2017, 08:39 AM (This post was last modified: 17-02-2017 02:33 PM by Full Circle.)
"A friend of Harward's said he was reluctant to take the job because the White House seems so chaotic. Harward called the offer a “shit sandwich,” the friend said."

Laugh out load

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/16/politics/h...index.html

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post