Folks with a basement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-12-2013, 11:04 PM
RE: Folks with a basement
(09-12-2013 10:57 PM)Crulax Wrote:  
(09-12-2013 10:47 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Yep, sitting right underneath a heat vent, they are in the ceiling, so yeah, not the best, but we also have a few others. One about shoulder height. Yuck.
And the hot air rising... Duh Tongue lol

It just seems like such a huge difference

It's really not. I recommend installing a ceiling fan since the vents are in the ceiling it sounds like an air circulation issue.

Ceiling fans in the basement?? If Smercury's house is anything like mine, anyone taller than 5'-1" would be decapitated. —perhaps the heater option.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2013, 11:05 PM
Yeah ceilings are pretty low Sad
09-12-2013, 11:17 PM
(09-12-2013 11:04 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  
(09-12-2013 10:57 PM)Crulax Wrote:  It's really not. I recommend installing a ceiling fan since the vents are in the ceiling it sounds like an air circulation issue.

Ceiling fans in the basement?? If Smercury's house is anything like mine, anyone taller than 5'-1" would be decapitated. —perhaps the heater option.

Good point! Didn't think to ask if the ceilings would be high enough to allow room for a ceiling fan. Looks like it's the space heater option. Just make sure that it is in good shape and a couple of feet away from anything flammable. Have known a couple of people who have lost houses to space heaters. (One being my former neighbor which also caught the siding of my house fire.)

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
09-12-2013, 11:20 PM
Heck yes, all over the news this time of year are house fires. Scares the crap out of me. Definitely gunna keep it safe with the space heater. Not even just shutting it off when we leave the area, unplugging.
09-12-2013, 11:34 PM
Hah, my mom's house always had that difference in temp. WHICH SUCKED because my room was upstairs and my dad would crank the heat to 70 (downstairs) which means upstairs was always at 78+. I hated it and couldn't sleep without an icepack. It is part of the reason I'm not using heat any more. Right now it is 55 degrees in my apartment. I'm sleeping in this. Haha I sleep like a rock!

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
09-12-2013, 11:37 PM
(09-12-2013 11:34 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Hah, my mom's house always had that difference in temp. WHICH SUCKED because my room was upstairs and my dad would crank the heat to 70 (downstairs) which means upstairs was always at 78+. I hated it and couldn't sleep without an icepack. It is part of the reason I'm not using heat any more. Right now it is 55 degrees in my apartment. I'm sleeping in this. Haha I sleep like a rock!

Jeeeez! 60 in the basement and I feel like my hands and feet are going to fall off!! Ur crazy! Tongue
09-12-2013, 11:45 PM
That's why they call it a "wine cellar".

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post