Folks with young children

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-01-2014, 06:14 PM
What are your favorite kiddie shows?

My current favs are Aquabats and Gravity Falls. Just enough adult humor but also silliness that both my kids and I can enjoy together!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-01-2014, 06:26 PM
RE: Folks with young children
Adventure time and the slightly older audience regular show. Actually I don't mind curious George either. The art is really well done. My kid also likes futurama though she gets none of the jokes.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
13-01-2014, 06:33 PM
We like Super Why, Pocoyo, Zigby, Penelope K, Sesame Street.
I personally love Jimmy Nuetron and The Fairly Odd Parents, but I don't let the kids watch them haha. I don't know, I guess I just don't see the point in letting my kids watch T.V if they're not going to learn anything. Penelope K is kind of like Bill Nye the Science Guy for smaller kids. I've never even heard of Aquabats or Gravity Falls, lol. I'll have to look them up.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
13-01-2014, 06:50 PM
(13-01-2014 06:14 PM)jaxx Wrote:  What are your favorite kiddie shows?

My current favs are Aquabats and Gravity Falls. Just enough adult humor but also silliness that both my kids and I can enjoy together!

Is that the same Aquabats who are a ska band? They have a show now? On TV??

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
13-01-2014, 06:52 PM
I guess the point would be sitting down together enjoying something. Although, educational show are definitely preferable, I'm not going to sit around and watch them! My oldest is 7 btw. He also enjoys all of the conspiracy shows on the History Channel. He's upstairs watching one about Oak Island as I type. Should I be worried?
13-01-2014, 06:53 PM (This post was last modified: 13-01-2014 06:57 PM by jaxx.)
(13-01-2014 06:50 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(13-01-2014 06:14 PM)jaxx Wrote:  What are your favorite kiddie shows?

Is that the same Aquabats who are a ska band? They have a show now? On TV??

YES!

[+] 1 user Likes jaxx's post
13-01-2014, 07:00 PM
I don't have kids but I watch my nieces often and enjoy watching Spongebob, Fairly Odd Parents, Power Puff Girls, Johnny Bravo and Adventure Time with them.

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
13-01-2014, 07:03 PM
(13-01-2014 06:53 PM)jaxx Wrote:  
(13-01-2014 06:50 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Is that the same Aquabats who are a ska band? They have a show now? On TV??

YES!

Dangit!! I wish they'd had a show when my son was old enough to appreciate it. Jealous!

Oh well, we enjoyed good times with Spongebob. We later enjoyed The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack, a delightfully quirky and odd little show. Adventure Time was fun too. Regular Show was OK.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post
13-01-2014, 07:10 PM
My girls are 8 & 10. Their favorites are:

Adventure Time
Dr Who
Grim
Fear Factor

We just recently found Outrageous Acts of Science. We used to watch Rocket City Rednecks but they took that one off air.

They like weird medical shows like Dr G, and Bizarre ER. My oldest is now getting into Sherlock Holmes.

and then some annoying disney crap that I try to avoid as much as possible….now that school is in session again they only catch one episode every 2 weeks or so but its like a meth habit, lol.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
13-01-2014, 07:20 PM
Here's a clip for Outrageous Acts of Science. They find 20 clips of cool stuff on the internet, interview a few scientists to explain how its done. Tons of different things, quick moving show, good for kids and adults. It's one of those "Whoa!! Did you see that?! It was so cool."

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller