Follow Up Questions for Me

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-10-2014, 11:35 PM
RE: Follow Up Questions for Me
(20-10-2014 11:06 PM)lucradis Wrote:  OMG you people...

The merry go round has gone full circle.

I wonder if the circle jerk can go full circle or if that's redundant?

Full circle redundant? Whut?
How can that beeeee?

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
20-10-2014, 11:39 PM
(20-10-2014 11:35 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  

How can that beeeee?

Merry go round because the atmosphere repeats itself every so often.
Full circle because Stark was the OG admin.
Redundant because a circle jerk is already a circle so can it go full circle if it's already a circle?

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
20-10-2014, 11:42 PM
(20-10-2014 11:39 PM)lucradis Wrote:  
(20-10-2014 11:35 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Full circle redundant? Whut?
How can that beeeee?

Merry go round because the atmosphere repeats itself every so often.
Full circle because Stark was the OG admin.
Redundant because a circle jerk is already a circle so can it go full circle if it's already a circle?

Oh honey
LMAO
I got it. I was being sarcastic. Buu-ut i do fully appreciate the full explanation!

Thanks!

21-10-2014, 06:19 AM
(20-10-2014 11:35 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  

How can that beeeee?

Weeping

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
22-10-2014, 06:09 PM
So...Stark...feel like answering some questions?

Who can see posts that are made in the FTM section?

How secure is the FTM section section in regards to privacy?

If a forum member receives a PM from another member who isn't a member of the FT regarding a matter that was brought up in the FTM section what should they do?

As an admin, do you value you the safety of individual forum members?

In your personal opinion as a member of this forum, what are the aspects of this situation that you feel were handled correctly/incorrectly?

What is your position on the freedom of speech of mods?

Does the FT have a plan to protect the forum from potential predators in the future?

Do you believe the FT owes a certain amount of transparency to the members? If so how much?

Whenever you have the time or never at all it's up to you.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
22-10-2014, 06:11 PM
Quote:How secure is the FTM section section in regards to privacy?

lol...

[Image: oscar.png]
22-10-2014, 06:34 PM
(22-10-2014 06:09 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  So...Stark...feel like answering some questions?

No. Dodgy
Quote:Who can see posts that are made in the FTM section?

I believe it is explained at the top of the section. The forum team, and the person who starts the thread.

Not even remotely secure enough for me to ever mention anything that could be harmful to me if that security were breached. The security depends, in part, on the people who are privy to that section. People lie, steal, cheat, betray, and instigate all the time. You and you alone are responsible for who you trust. (And I hope you feel you can trust me, and in time, the forum team again).
Quote:If a forum member receives a PM from another member who isn't a member of the FT regarding a matter that was brought up in the FTM section what should they do?

They should follow their best judgement, which would hopefully lead them to alerting the forum team, or someone on the team whom they trust.
Quote:As an admin, do you value you the safety of individual forum members?

Yes.
Quote:In your personal opinion as a member of this forum, what are the aspects of this situation that you feel were handled correctly/incorrectly?

I reserve the right to withhold my personal opinion at any time.
Quote:What is your position on the freedom of speech of mods?

I'm not sure I understand the question. My position is that everyone has the right to freedom of speech. I also accept the reality that ultimate free speech cannot be accommodated in all situations. Particularly on a privately run forum where we must make some restrictions.

How'd I do?
Quote:Does the FT have a plan to protect the forum from potential predators in the future?

Not only do we have a plan, we are working towards bettering it. Your input, as well as everyone else's is welcome.

Quote:Do you believe the FT owes a certain amount of transparency to the members?

Yes
Quote:If so how much?

Not nearly as much as you. Wink
I tease. Yes, I feel we need to be transparent with the members, but at the same time, we (the forum team) have been tasked with maintaining a forum by volunteering our time and resources. So if there are specific things you feel we should be more transparent with, please bring them to my attention. That way I can either provide transparency, or explain why there isn't any.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 6 users Like Stark Raving's post
22-10-2014, 06:41 PM
Just replace the name "Arthur" with "Stark Raving" and it all makes sense now Big Grin

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
22-10-2014, 07:02 PM
(22-10-2014 06:34 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(22-10-2014 06:09 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  So...Stark...feel like answering some questions?

No. Dodgy

I believe it is explained at the top of the section. The forum team, and the person who starts the thread.

Not even remotely secure enough for me to ever mention anything that could be harmful to me if that security were breached. The security depends, in part, on the people who are privy to that section. People lie, steal, cheat, betray, and instigate all the time. You and you alone are responsible for who you trust. (And I hope you feel you can trust me, and in time, the forum team again).
Quote:If a forum member receives a PM from another member who isn't a member of the FT regarding a matter that was brought up in the FTM section what should they do?

They should follow their best judgement, which would hopefully lead them to alerting the forum team, or someone on the team whom they trust.
Quote:As an admin, do you value you the safety of individual forum members?

Yes.
Quote:In your personal opinion as a member of this forum, what are the aspects of this situation that you feel were handled correctly/incorrectly?

I reserve the right to withhold my personal opinion at any time.

I'm not sure I understand the question. My position is that everyone has the right to freedom of speech. I also accept the reality that ultimate free speech cannot be accommodated in all situations. Particularly on a privately run forum where we must make some restrictions.

How'd I do?
Quote:Does the FT have a plan to protect the forum from potential predators in the future?

Not only do we have a plan, we are working towards bettering it. Your input, as well as everyone else's is welcome.

Quote:Do you believe the FT owes a certain amount of transparency to the members?

Yes

I tease. Yes, I feel we need to be transparent with the members, but at the same time, we (the forum team) have been tasked with maintaining a forum by volunteering our time and resources. So if there are specific things you feel we should be more transparent with, please bring them to my attention. That way I can either provide transparency, or explain why there isn't any.

Good post, Stark.
Thank you.

I get messages all the time from other regulars who feel for whatever reason that they can vent to me.
I like that. But unless they ask me to keep their feelings or issues secret i generally throw up somewhere in the interest of transparency.
Now i know this can lead to upset buut i still feel its better to let things be known and not have members upset behind the scenes.

Sorry for typos... Im on my little phone down here painting my store.
Took a break
Smile

22-10-2014, 07:57 PM
(22-10-2014 06:34 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  

No. Dodgy

Sorry Angel I appreciate it just the same. Wink

Stark Wrote:

Good to know. Thanks.

Stark Wrote:

How'd I do?

Makes sense.

Stark Wrote:

Yes

Not really anything specific. I honestly didn't even care about how the forum was run until it affected my personal life. I know I'm needy and emotional and whiny sometimes...sorry Angel
Thanks again for answering the questions.
You told me I was safe to stay and that's good enough for me. I'll just leave you guys(and ladies) to do what you do.

Also, I just wanted to add that I really do love and appreciate all of the FT members Heart
Well...except Ferdi I still think she should be demoted to glitter pink mini mod status Tongue

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post