Follow Up Questions for Me

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-10-2014, 07:36 PM
RE: Follow Up Questions for Me
(20-10-2014 07:34 PM)Anjele Wrote:  http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...way?page=6

Post #106

Thank you, can you please PM what it said originally (or the gist of it) along with whoever PMd you about it.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-10-2014, 07:36 PM
Have the PM too - that requested the change.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
20-10-2014, 07:37 PM
(20-10-2014 07:36 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(20-10-2014 07:34 PM)Anjele Wrote:  http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...way?page=6

Post #106

Thank you, can you please PM what it said originally (or the gist of it) along with whoever PMd you about it.

I can't PM it to you - it's gone.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

20-10-2014, 07:38 PM
Read post 111

20-10-2014, 07:38 PM
(20-10-2014 07:37 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I can't PM it to you - it's gone.

What I mean is that I'm assuming you remember at least the gist of what was said?

If not then just the name of whoever contacted you about it will do.

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
20-10-2014, 07:39 PM
(20-10-2014 07:38 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(20-10-2014 07:37 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I can't PM it to you - it's gone.

What I mean is that I'm assuming you remember at least the gist of what was said?

If not then just the name of whoever contacted you about it will do.

see previous post

20-10-2014, 07:44 PM (This post was last modified: 20-10-2014 07:49 PM by Losty.)
(20-10-2014 07:18 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Hmm, I edited something out of one of WC's posts (and I reckon I'll have been diligent enough to edit it out of any posts that quoted it, I usually am). It was against the rules, I'd already sent him the warning, and according to some members those types of posts can triggered PTSD in people. So I made a judgement call and removed it. It's pretty standard tbh.

Beyond that, no other examples spring to mind. I'd be most interested to be linked to these edited posts though. If someone has been editing posts they shouldn't have that should give me enough to go on to get a pretty decent idea as to who.

Oh, and because of the type of post that I edited it's not something that will be gone into in any detail on the public forum so don't bother quizzing me. Reason? It's regarding a completely banned topic and discussing the post is a little too close to discussing the topic itself for my mind.

This is irrelevant and anyone who was paying attention to that thread already knows what it was about.

It's not against rules to PM Losty if you're curious to know.

It isn't or shouldn't be standard to tell members oh we can't ban him bc there's no evidence after asking them to delete the evidence Hughsie.
I'm pretty sure your post counts as a strawman but I've never been good at debate lingo.
Either way it's relevant to the subject.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
20-10-2014, 07:46 PM
It really doesn't matter who asked who to do what. What it shows is a system of deception that isn't acceptable in the running of the forum.

Way too much protection was given to cover WC. Especially in light of the way that other members were allowed to be terrorized. Seems that an established member would be worth more than a known trouble maker and potentially quite dangerous individual.

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
20-10-2014, 07:48 PM
I think this thread has gone on long enough, don't you guys?

The answer to any further questions is: It's Starks fault.

Any questions?

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
20-10-2014, 07:48 PM
(20-10-2014 07:44 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  This is irrelevant and anyone who was paying attention to that thread already knows what it was about.

It's not against rules to PM Losty if you're curious to know.

It isn't or shouldn't be standard to tell members oh we can ban him bc there's no evidence after asking them to delete the evidence Hughsie.
I'm pretty sure your post counts as a strawman but I've never been good at debate lingo.
Either way it's relevant to the subject.

I quite agree. So if anyone has done so I would very much like to get to the bottom of it. We do also remove certain posts that violate the rules after the offender has been sent their warning. I have to ascertain that that is not the case before I throw an accusation at someone.

Best
Worst
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post