Food help please (before I do something stupid and probably kill myself or get sick)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-05-2018, 02:29 PM
Food help please (before I do something stupid and probably kill myself or get sick)
So um.....

I probably should have asked BEFORE doing this.......

I stuck some chicken thighs in my toaster oven (it's all I got) at 450 for 60 min with some seasoned salt on it.....

But now I"m wondering if this is going to work >.>

I hate cooking chicken, always worried I'ma give myself some rare bird flu and melt my brains all over the bed or something. Cops will find my corps and say it was a "wacky" scene.....

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-05-2018, 02:34 PM
RE: Food help please (before I do something stupid and probably kill myself or get sick)
(14-05-2018 02:29 PM)JesseB Wrote:  So um.....

I probably should have asked BEFORE doing this.......

I stuck some chicken thighs in my toaster oven (it's all I got) at 450 for 60 min with some seasoned salt on it.....

But now I"m wondering if this is going to work >.>

I hate cooking chicken, always worried I'ma give myself some rare bird flu and melt my brains all over the bed or something. Cops will find my corps and say it was a "wacky" scene.....

200 degrees for 10 minutes should be more than enough, so I suggest you turn the temperature down and check after 10 minutes. You can always go a bit longer, but it's hard to undo over-cooking.
14-05-2018, 02:40 PM
RE: Food help please (before I do something stupid and probably kill myself or get sick)
You serious????!!!!

200?!

>.> That seems weird to me.....

Just to be clear we're talking raw uncooked chicken thigh that was taken out of the freezer yesterday and put in the fridge to thaw, and there's about 5 thighs? (gonna cook it now before it goes bad cause it's about to expire, then eat it this week).

Like I made some pork loin yesterday cooked it in the toaster oven at 400 for 40 min and it was still a bit bloody in the middle, but that was ok cause I then addeded it to boiling water with the grilled onions for an additional 15min as part of making curry sauce.

You sure 200 is safe?

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
14-05-2018, 02:41 PM
450 for 60 minutes? The only thing you have to worry about is wearing out your teeth on the leather you're about to eat.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Popeye's Pappy's post
14-05-2018, 02:41 PM
How many chicken thighs? If you put them in a shallow pan with a little water on the bottom they will be more forgiving and you get some delicious juice too. At 450 for an hour they will be either shoe leather or coal. I would do 300 and check every 10 minutes, but it depends on how many thighs.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
14-05-2018, 02:43 PM
Ya'll be crazy!

..... But then.... I fully admit I got no clue what I'm doing >.> I woulda grilled it on the BBQ but I ran out of propane.

Alright I'll turn it down.

Big Grin
Pretty sure Thoreauvian is talking 200 degrees Celsius.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Popeye's Pappy's post
(14-05-2018 02:41 PM)Dom Wrote:  How many chicken thighs? If you put them in a shallow pan with a little water on the bottom they will be more forgiving and you get some delicious juice too. At 450 for an hour they will be either shoe leather or coal. I would do 300 and check every 10 minutes, but it depends on how many thighs.

5 thighs and I can add a bit of water to the bottom of the pan.

They are big thighs too, barely fit them all on the pan/in the oven....

Big Grin
14-05-2018, 02:47 PM
(14-05-2018 02:43 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  Pretty sure Thoreauvian is talking 200 degrees Celsius.

Ah.... I use metric a lot (though I suck at conversion)

all my kitchen stuff is measured in "american standard" measurements (not even sure if that's what it's called but seeing as every other country on the planet uses Metric.... We really need to fix this shit Metric is so much easier, and converting is a real bitch)

Big Grin
14-05-2018, 02:48 PM
(14-05-2018 02:41 PM)Dom Wrote:  How many chicken thighs? If you put them in a shallow pan with a little water on the bottom they will be more forgiving and you get some delicious juice too. At 450 for an hour they will be either shoe leather or coal. I would do 300 and check every 10 minutes, but it depends on how many thighs.

I took your advice. I'll check on it in 10 min and go from there

Big Grin