Food you like, that your family hate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-01-2015, 08:12 AM
RE: Food you like, that your family hate
Souls.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
25-01-2015, 05:24 PM
Rice cakes.
27-01-2015, 02:46 PM
I also eat the peelings of citrus fruit.
03-02-2015, 08:29 AM
My family are all uncultured swine, so it would take too long to make any sort of list. I went with them to a food festival once with about 50 stalls showing off the best produce in Lincolnshire and east Yorkshire. All sorts you could imagine of the highest quality for very reasonable prices, from sausages to breads to medieval style mutton stews. I was the only person in the entire family who got some of the epic food from the market. Absolutely everyone else in the family went off to McDonalds for lunch.
Luckily I don't have to live with any of them anymore, or even speak to them, but when I lived with them they all had a habit of just stealing my things, so I used to get things that none of them would even move, let alone steal and eat; Stilton, green olives, tonic water, unsweetened peanut butter, smoked bavarian ham, pumpkin seed rolls, quince jelly, botanically brewed soft drinks, smoked almonds, 95% meat sausages. Basically anything with any hint of quality acts as a repellent to my family. Go to the American import store and buy packets of plastic flavoured biscuits with 90 unpronounceable ingredients and they'll take them all, but bring in a freshly baked sheet of Grasmere gingerbread and they'll turn their noses up at it.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
[+] 1 user Likes Cetaceaphile's post
04-02-2015, 10:41 AM
So far everything mentioned, from sushi to that balut stuff (ick!), sounds horrible and uneatable. The one time I almost threw up in a restaurant was when I was trying to eat some slimy sushi thing.

I'm a fussy eater. I like animal meat muscle and I like it fuckin cooked and I won't eat intestines, eyeballs, feet, lips, tongue, heart, liver and boiled duck embryo.

You people are sick, sick, sick. Hobo

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
04-02-2015, 11:04 AM
I'll have you know, gefilte fish is delicious.

In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.
Albert Camus
04-02-2015, 12:07 PM
(04-02-2015 11:04 AM)thesummerqueen Wrote:  I'll have you know, gefilte fish is delicious.

Except.......they sometimes put horseradish on it. Horseradish.....ick.

Fussy eater=me.

04-02-2015, 12:08 PM
The horseradish makes it amazing. And a little salt.

In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.
Albert Camus
04-02-2015, 12:20 PM
(04-02-2015 10:41 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  So far everything mentioned, from sushi to that balut stuff (ick!), sounds horrible and uneatable. The one time I almost threw up in a restaurant was when I was trying to eat some slimy sushi thing.

I'm a fussy eater. I like animal meat muscle and I like it fuckin cooked and I won't eat intestines, eyeballs, feet, lips, tongue, heart, liver and boiled duck embryo.

It's funny a lot of people would describe me as a very fussy eater, but other people would describe me as eating absolutely anything. It all depends on the circle; which one offers me a frankfurter in sweetened bread with American mustard flavoured corn oil, and which one offers me a Lincolnshire sausage in a floured bap with cote hill blue cheese, red onion marmalade and rocket.

Point is; if you don't like something then it's very possible you would like a higher quality version of it? xD

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
04-02-2015, 03:43 PM
(04-02-2015 12:20 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  
(04-02-2015 10:41 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  So far everything mentioned, from sushi to that balut stuff (ick!), sounds horrible and uneatable. The one time I almost threw up in a restaurant was when I was trying to eat some slimy sushi thing.

It's funny a lot of people would describe me as a very fussy eater, but other people would describe me as eating absolutely anything. It all depends on the circle; which one offers me a frankfurter in sweetened bread with American mustard flavoured corn oil, and which one offers me a Lincolnshire sausage in a floured bap with cote hill blue cheese, red onion marmalade and rocket.

Point is; if you don't like something then it's very possible you would like a higher quality version of it? xD

I donno. Is there a highter quality cooked duck embryo?

((shudder))

[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post