Poll: Atheists only: Do you believe no god(s) exists?
Yes, I believe no god(s) exists
No, I do not believe no god(s) exists
[Show Results]

For Atheists: Do you believe no god(s) exist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-10-2016, 11:54 AM
For Atheists: Do you believe no god(s) exist?
The one thing all atheists can agree on is that they do not hold a belief in anything they would call god. However, "I do not believe X" is not the same thing as "I believe NOT X". By example, "I do not believe a god(s) exists" is not the same as "I believe no god(s) exists". So I want to poll this distinction.
We should all know this, but keep in mind that "I believe" is not the same thing as "I know". For example, "I'm pretty sure that fairies don't exist, but I can't be certain of it" means "Yes, I believe fairies don't exist".
Last thing, you can use any definition of "god" that you think is relevant. Basically, just don't define "god" as "toaster".
If the question isn't clear, simply don't answer the poll. I'm looking for strict answers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like unknowndevil666's post
11-10-2016, 12:25 PM
RE: For Atheists: Do you believe no god(s) exist?
Yes, I believe no gods exist. I would, of course, change my mind if I was proven wrong, but like that's gonna happen. Drinking Beverage

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
11-10-2016, 12:28 PM
Non-belief is not in and of itself a belief. I do not believe in a god or gods, nor do I accept other's god claims without evidence.
[+] 9 users Like pablo's post
11-10-2016, 12:38 PM
I believe there is only one True God®.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
11-10-2016, 12:43 PM
I am hard core atheist. If I was god I wouldn't believe I existed.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 8 users Like Gawdzilla's post
11-10-2016, 12:46 PM
On my present understanding there are no gods, no supernatural entities, no afterlife, no miracles, nuthin like that at all.

Don't stop me enjoying reading myths, legends and fantasy books though! Smile

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 7 users Like Gloucester's post
11-10-2016, 12:49 PM
(11-10-2016 12:46 PM)Gloucester Wrote:  On my present understanding there are no gods, no supernatural entities, no afterlife, no miracles, nuthin like that at all.

Don't stop me enjoying reading myths, legends and fantasy books though! Smile

Morgoth heaves a sigh of relief. Thumbsup
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
11-10-2016, 12:57 PM
(11-10-2016 11:54 AM)unknowndevil666 Wrote:  The one thing all atheists can agree on is that they do not hold a belief in anything they would call god. However, "I do not believe X" is not the same thing as "I believe NOT X". By example, "I do not believe a god(s) exists" is not the same as "I believe no god(s) exists". So I want to poll this distinction.
We should all know this, but keep in mind that "I believe" is not the same thing as "I know". For example, "I'm pretty sure that fairies don't exist, but I can't be certain of it" means "Yes, I believe fairies don't exist".
Last thing, you can use any definition of "god" that you think is relevant. Basically, just don't define "god" as "toaster".
If the question isn't clear, simply don't answer the poll. I'm looking for strict answers.

How lovely. Drinking Beverage

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
11-10-2016, 01:05 PM
Nope not a positive atheist i merely have no belief in god as in a god could exist same as a million other unproven evidence things that could exist but there really is no reason to accept exists.And even if there was evidence not just fallices and baseless assertions the question becomes is said evidence strong enough to overcome my skepticism. And no more have to give a standard of when i will be convinced of god then i do when i will be convinced of fairies. And no that's not moving the goalpost .

But really my problem with this thread is were not defining god if god is a door knob then he existences if he's the Christian god then i highly doubt he exists .

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes OrdoSkeptica's post
11-10-2016, 01:08 PM
(11-10-2016 11:54 AM)unknowndevil666 Wrote:  Last thing, you can use any definition of "god" that you think is relevant. ...
I'm looking for strict answers.

This two statements are contradictory.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post