Poll: Atheists only: Do you believe no god(s) exists?
Yes, I believe no god(s) exists
No, I do not believe no god(s) exists
[Show Results]

For Atheists: Do you believe no god(s) exist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-10-2016, 01:10 PM
RE: For Atheists: Do you believe no god(s) exist?
Not going to answer your poll and let you put people into little boxes. You've contributed nothing to this community and have no credibility.
Tell us about yourself in an introduction post, express your own interests, things like that.
This should be a minimum requirement to get to post anywhere else, IMO.
It would not stop anyone faking something, but we could then criticize the creative writing.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like skyking's post
11-10-2016, 01:19 PM
(11-10-2016 01:10 PM)skyking Wrote:  Not going to answer your poll and let you put people into little boxes. You've contributed nothing to this community and have no credibility.
Tell us about yourself in an introduction post, express your own interests, things like that.
This should be a minimum requirement to get to post anywhere else, IMO.
It would not stop anyone faking something, but we could then criticize the creative writing.

Thank you! Excellent response!

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
11-10-2016, 01:21 PM
Absolutely. Here’s the evidence.

[Image: enhanced-buzz-23397-1363981277-24.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
11-10-2016, 01:31 PM
Yes, I don't believe a god exists. That is of course unless a reasonable definition can be established. And such a defined god or gods can be demonstrated with due process.

The problem is what people define as a god or gods shifts constantly. Everyone has their own interpretation and everyone will disagree with the other. My god can shoot lighting, my god can stop time, my god can do all that and more. If they can allow it to demonstrate it.

And even after all we still demonstrated somehow that one or many did exist. We are still left with the question what it dose? How it lives? Dose it demand something? The list just goes on and on.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 3 users Like Commonsensei's post
11-10-2016, 01:46 PM
Quote: I'm looking for strict answers.

Does that mean answers who wear peaked caps, leather basques, fishnets, ultra high heels and carry canes and whips?

Drooling

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 1 user Likes Gloucester's post
11-10-2016, 01:52 PM
I believe no god exists outside of the mind of humans.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
11-10-2016, 01:52 PM
I do not believe that any of the theistic gods ever posited by any religion exists. Based on logic alone, they cannot exist.

When it comes to a deistic god, I disbelieve that god exists.

When it comes to debating atheism, the only position that has to be defended, is the disbelief that gods exist.
[+] 1 user Likes Simon Moon's post
11-10-2016, 01:56 PM
I suppose that's what makes me agnostic. If I had to pick a side, I'd say I believe no gods exist. But since I don't, I'd rather practice good science and say that the available evidence suggests that the existence of a god or gods is unproven and unlikely.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 5 users Like yakherder's post
11-10-2016, 02:13 PM
We no longer need the idea of a god to explain things--not when science offers up better explanations and consistently proves the claims of theists wrong.

So what drives theists to cling to their beliefs if science offers better explanations? In some cases, it's culture. In some cases, it's fear. In some cases, it's cult-style brainwashing. And in some cases, there are people who like the idea of having their own personal genie who loves them and grants them magical wishes.

Could there be a magical sky genie who made the world and is completely hands off? Maybe he is too busy golfing during his retirement to be concerned with his creations? And why so many magical sky genies? Many cultures across time have had their own sky genies. Is there a whole civilization of magical sky genies that live in the heavens and choose groups of people at random to be their besties? Wink Anything is possible, but these scenarios seem highly, highly unlikely.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 5 users Like jennybee's post
11-10-2016, 02:48 PM
(11-10-2016 11:54 AM)unknowndevil666 Wrote:  The one thing all atheists can agree on is that they do not hold a belief in anything they would call god. However, "I do not believe X" is not the same thing as "I believe NOT X". By example, "I do not believe a god(s) exists" is not the same as "I believe no god(s) exists". So I want to poll this distinction.
We should all know this, but keep in mind that "I believe" is not the same thing as "I know". For example, "I'm pretty sure that fairies don't exist, but I can't be certain of it" means "Yes, I believe fairies don't exist".
Last thing, you can use any definition of "god" that you think is relevant. Basically, just don't define "god" as "toaster".
If the question isn't clear, simply don't answer the poll. I'm looking for strict answers.

Speaking only for myself, I believe that no gods exist. On my view, belief is the degree to which a proposition is accepted as true and it ranges from extremely tentative to nearly certain. When it comes to the god of the Abrahamic religions, I am certain that it does not exist. It is impossible in principle. Any proposed gods that are said to hold metaphysical primacy over reality are the same. Gods exist only in the imagination. They are fantasies.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 2 users Like true scotsman's post