Poll: Atheists only: Do you believe no god(s) exists?
Yes, I believe no god(s) exists
No, I do not believe no god(s) exists
[Show Results]

For Atheists: Do you believe no god(s) exist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-10-2016, 03:48 PM
RE: For Atheists: Do you believe no god(s) exist?
False gods surely exist

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
11-10-2016, 03:51 PM
(11-10-2016 01:08 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(11-10-2016 11:54 AM)unknowndevil666 Wrote:  Last thing, you can use any definition of "god" that you think is relevant. ...
I'm looking for strict answers.

This two statements are contradictory.

I don't think they are. By strict answers I meant I only wish for people to respond if they can respond definitively. And because this is based on individuals' beliefs (or lack thereof), I can't choose what definition of god because I'm not the one deciding why people are atheists. Hopefully that's clear.
11-10-2016, 03:54 PM
(11-10-2016 01:10 PM)skyking Wrote:  Not going to answer your poll and let you put people into little boxes. You've contributed nothing to this community and have no credibility.
Tell us about yourself in an introduction post, express your own interests, things like that.
This should be a minimum requirement to get to post anywhere else, IMO.
It would not stop anyone faking something, but we could then criticize the creative writing.

I joined because I wanted to ask this question to a population of atheists. Sorry, I don't know any "forum etiquette". If I decide to really join I'll do just as you have said.
11-10-2016, 03:59 PM
Do you believe no Darth Vader(s) exist????

The OP question does rise to that level of "duh"........

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
11-10-2016, 04:02 PM
UKD666

Do you find the responses reasonable?
Did you have doubts that people would ether A. Rejent the idea. B. or require a large amount of proof?
When did you start believing a god existed? Which one?

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
11-10-2016, 04:09 PM
I believe that no gods exist.
There is not only no evidence of any gods' existence,
but evidence one should expect to see isn't there.

No investigation into the workings of the universe has ever ended with "Oh, it's magic".

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
11-10-2016, 04:15 PM
Why must we chose between two choices someone else has decided are the best ones?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
11-10-2016, 04:17 PM
(11-10-2016 03:54 PM)unknowndevil666 Wrote:  I joined because I wanted to ask this question to a population of atheists. Sorry, I don't know any "forum etiquette". If I decide to really join I'll do just as you have said.

You have already "really" joined.
11-10-2016, 04:26 PM
Neither of those answers applies to the way I think about a god and existence of a god, so I'm not voting. It does seem that you're more interested in making boxes to hold your straw men than in the reasons people identify as atheists, but in case you are interested in how I would define my position, see below.

I haven't encountered evidence of a god's existence. In addition, I don't find the descriptions of gods provided by religious people to be persuasive or palatable. Therefore, I've decided to live as if there is no god. If it turns out to be the case that there is a god and there are consequences of that decision, I'll accept them. I'm comfortable with the uncertainty.
[+] 5 users Like julep's post
11-10-2016, 04:30 PM
(11-10-2016 04:02 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  UKD666

Do you find the responses reasonable?
Did you have doubts that people would ether A. Rejent the idea. B. or require a large amount of proof?
When did you start believing a god existed? Which one?

Yeah, I find the responses (that answer the question) reasonable. I mean, it's mostly asking people about their beliefs and opinions, so I'm not sure how I could find them unreasonable. They properly answer the question if that's what you mean.
I'm not sure I understand your second questions. Reject what idea? Require a large amount of proof for what?
Well, I don't believe in a god. I've identified as agnostic for almost a year now, after being agnostic atheist for about 5. I'm agnostic because I'm about equally convinced that a god could or couldn't exist, that god being solely a causal, possibly-though-currently-unlikely intelligent force to the universe. So more of a deistic kind. Hope that satiates your curiosity.