Poll: Atheists only: Do you believe no god(s) exists?
Yes, I believe no god(s) exists
No, I do not believe no god(s) exists
[Show Results]

For Atheists: Do you believe no god(s) exist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-10-2016, 05:33 PM
RE: For Atheists: Do you believe no god(s) exist?
I come right out and say it..there is no god. I am not a scientist or a philosopher.

Front row seats for the Lancelot Link and the Evolution Revolution Reunion Tour!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2016, 05:51 PM
It's not like I just woke up one morning and thought "Gee, there are no Gods!" I just realized that the God I had been led to believe was real was most likely not real for a combination of reasons.

Once the door is opened to "Well, maybe there is no God." and you start to research and investigate theology, world history, science and philosophy and you're truly open minded it becomes pretty clear that it's more likely there are no Gods, of course I can't say I have proof there are no Gods but I can't prove there are no fairies, does that make them real?

There are many things I don't believe in, similar to others on this thread, I'm a skeptic on many subjects, religion is one of them. Mostly I think atheists are more in the business of rejecting claims than we are making claims. We just don't think your God exists and it's your claim, it's on you to prove, not on me to disprove it. Just like any Christian would agree that Brahma and Odin doesn't exist, we just take it one stop further and reject their God as well.

Really all believers reject God claims, they just accept this one, for whatever reason and they feel it in their heart which isn't valid evidence and any logical and reasonable person would reject it until there is actual, extraordinary and demonstrable proof before accepting it themselves.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like SitaSky's post
11-10-2016, 07:46 PM
Well, you say use any definition I like...

... the problem is, I don't like any definition. No matter how I use it, someone's not going to understand that that's how I'm using it. I try to avoid words that engender confusion. Unless I'm trolling. Evil_monster

But short version, I believe that the omni-tastic gods (omniscient, omnipotent, etc) are flatly impossible. Heavily interventionists gods with special interest in humans and/or Earth... ie, the ones that would be throwing out miracles and appearances and revelations like candy on Halloween, those I believe do not exist. A deistic god, or a very subtle one, I do not believe they exist, but I also do not believe that they do not exist. And other ways of defining gods... ie, "God is love"... I avoid like the plague because NO ONE imagines that's what's meant unless it's explained.
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
11-10-2016, 08:44 PM
Yes, I believe there is no God. I am more likely to start believing in unicorns. (I wish unicorns existed...)
[+] 1 user Likes AnaBunny's post
11-10-2016, 09:05 PM
(11-10-2016 08:44 PM)AnaBunny Wrote:  Yes, I believe there is no God. I am more likely to start believing in unicorns. (I wish unicorns existed...)

Close enough Big Grin

[Image: 822.jpg?w=465&q=20&auto=...47e2c4580a]

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
11-10-2016, 09:57 PM
I am a goddess and I believe in myself.
11-10-2016, 10:02 PM
While I certainly accept the possibility that some outside extra-dimensional force could have set our universe in motion, I really doubt it would have enough of our preconceived properties of a "god" to fit the definition.
[+] 1 user Likes ViolexTV's post
11-10-2016, 10:02 PM
I use to be a god but I got bored with it. Now I just wander around in the dark.
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
11-10-2016, 10:20 PM
(11-10-2016 04:30 PM)unknowndevil666 Wrote:  [...] I've identified as agnostic for almost a year now, after being agnostic atheist for about 5. I'm agnostic because I'm about equally convinced that a god could or couldn't exist, that god being solely a causal, possibly-though-currently-unlikely intelligent force to the universe. So more of a deistic kind. Hope that satiates your curiosity.

Yours is a problematic definition of agnosticism. Agnostics do not believe in the existence of gods—as you apparently do half of the time.

Agnosticism is the position of believing that knowledge of the existence or non-existence of god is impossible. It's often put forth as a middle ground between theism and atheism. Understood this way, agnosticism is skepticism regarding all things theological. The agnostic holds that human knowledge is limited to the natural world, that the mind is incapable of knowledge of the supernatural. Understood this way, an agnostic could also be a theist or an atheist. The former is called a fideist—one who believes in god purely on faith. The agnostic-atheist simply finds no compelling reason to believe in god.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
11-10-2016, 10:28 PM
My belief in gods is equivalent to my belief that tiny elephants live in my ass. Nonexistent.

The only difference is I could actually prove that my ass is free of colon-dwelling pachyderms, if I wanted to. Since I know what elephants are, where my asshole is, and know that the technology to explore my rectum exists. All of these things are clearly defined. Gods... not so much.

Give me a coherent definition of a god and I'll try to disprove god. I'll be waiting.

Drinking Beverage