Poll: Atheists only: Do you believe no god(s) exists?
Yes, I believe no god(s) exists
No, I do not believe no god(s) exists
[Show Results]

For Atheists: Do you believe no god(s) exist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-02-2017, 11:42 PM
RE: For Atheists: Do you believe no god(s) exist?
(12-02-2017 04:06 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(12-02-2017 03:37 PM)Robvalue Wrote:  I have no idea what "gods" are, and very few people are willing to tell me.

If it's just an intelligent creator, then I have no belief one way or the other. If it's a highly specific character from a story book, then yeah, I believe no such thing exists.

What if you were writing the story? Would you believe it then? Big Grin

He wanted to dream a man; he wanted to dream him in minute entirety and impose him on reality. ... In the dream of the man that dreamed, the dreamed one awoke. ... With relief, with humiliation, with terror, he understood that he also was an illusion, that someone else was dreaming him.

Hobo

Lol well that all sounds above board Big Grin

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-02-2017, 02:27 AM (This post was last modified: 13-02-2017 02:44 AM by Robvalue.)
Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm God. Did I mention that?

What? Of course I can prove it.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
13-02-2017, 02:33 AM
(13-02-2017 02:27 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm God. Did I mention that?

What? Of course I can prove it.

Fuck, another one? Cantor, Girly, and now you? Take a number... Wink

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
13-02-2017, 03:31 AM
Yeah. Weirdos going around claiming to be God on atheist forums are an annoyance to those of us who are.

[+] 2 users Like Robvalue's post
13-02-2017, 05:51 AM
(12-02-2017 11:37 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  No, it doesn't.

If it did, you could show that it did.

But it doesn't.

So you can't.

I have. You just claim I'm wrong, and that I need to become an atheist to realize it, and you can't demonstrate it to a theists, because he can't truly understand the rules of logic, or logical calculus. lol.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
13-02-2017, 06:05 AM
(12-02-2017 11:37 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  No, it doesn't.

If it did, you could show that it did.

But it doesn't.

So you can't.

Someone comes across the natural sphinx in Pakistan, and based on his familiarity with carved objects, and other sphinx, he assumes that this was carved as well. He later learns that it wasn't, but it was carved by wind and rain

Is this sort of reasoning that led him to initially conclude it was carved logical? Even if he was wrong in his initial conclusion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
13-02-2017, 06:36 AM
(13-02-2017 06:05 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Someone comes across the natural sphinx in Pakistan, and based on his familiarity with carved objects, and other sphinx, he assumes that this was carved as well. He later learns that it wasn't, but it was carved by wind and rain

Is this sort of reasoning that led him to initially conclude it was carved logical? Even if he was wrong in his initial conclusion.

He was logical but operating with both insufficient and misinterpreted evidence, precisely as you have continued to do.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
13-02-2017, 06:36 AM
At work.

Indeed Tomasia, when I come across a natural diety formed from the elements I will totally compare such to a the man-made ones dotting the rest of the world.

Any one want to post ths 'Monkey Magic' theme? Big Grin
13-02-2017, 06:38 AM
When the sun hits it at a certain time, I'm sure the shadows bring out some more defined features, but we humans have the ability to see just about any shape we want in the clouds as well as in rocks.

[Image: 15515918976_490a0570ef_z.jpg]

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
13-02-2017, 07:00 AM
(13-02-2017 06:38 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  When the sun hits it at a certain time, I'm sure the shadows bring out some more defined features, but we humans have the ability to see just about any shape we want in the clouds as well as in rocks.

Cue pics of giant stone genitals...

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky