Poll: Atheists only: Do you believe no god(s) exists?
Yes, I believe no god(s) exists
No, I do not believe no god(s) exists
[Show Results]

For Atheists: Do you believe no god(s) exist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-02-2017, 09:18 AM
RE: For Atheists: Do you believe no god(s) exist?
(13-02-2017 05:51 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  I have.

No, you haven't. You haven't even made the attempt. You've just danced around saying that you could if you wanted to, but have never actually presented any sort of argument.

(13-02-2017 05:51 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  You just claim I'm wrong, and that I need to become an atheist to realize it, and you can't demonstrate it to a theists, because he can't truly understand the rules of logic, or logical calculus. lol.

I am perfectly capable of demonstrating that you are wrong. I cannot, however, make you understand.

I don't think anyone could, really.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-02-2017, 09:34 AM
(13-02-2017 09:18 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  No, you haven't. You haven't even made the attempt. You've just danced around saying that you could if you wanted to, but have never actually presented any sort of argument.

I presented a variety of arguments why your views are wrong, but you avoided addressing them.

But let's continue playing the contradictions game:

Someone comes across the natural sphinx in Pakistan, and based on his familiarity with carved objects, and other sphinxs, he assumes that this was carved as well. He later learns that it wasn't, but it was carved by wind and rain

Is this sort of reasoning that led him to initially conclude it was carved logical? Even if he was wrong in his initial conclusion.

Chas and I both agree, this is logical, what say you?

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
13-02-2017, 09:57 AM
(13-02-2017 09:34 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(13-02-2017 09:18 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  No, you haven't. You haven't even made the attempt. You've just danced around saying that you could if you wanted to, but have never actually presented any sort of argument.

I presented a variety of arguments why your views are wrong, but you avoided addressing them.

Someone comes across the natural sphinx in Pakistan, and based on his familiarity with carved objects, and other sphinxs, he assumes that this was carved as well. He later learns that it wasn't, but it was carved by wind and rain

Is this sort of reasoning that led him to initially conclude it was carved logical? Even if he was wrong in his initial conclusion.

You got that proof? I am chasing this up and won't stop.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
13-02-2017, 09:59 AM
(13-02-2017 09:34 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  

Logical but incorrect because of the paucity of actual evidence. You conveniently forgot that part. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-02-2017, 10:00 AM
(13-02-2017 09:59 AM)Chas Wrote:  Logical but incorrect because of the paucity of actual evidence. You conveniently forgot that part. Dodgy

I didn't forgot about, it was just irreverent to the point, in which only whether it's logical or not matters.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
13-02-2017, 10:01 AM
(13-02-2017 10:00 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(13-02-2017 09:59 AM)Chas Wrote:  Logical but incorrect because of the paucity of actual evidence. You conveniently forgot that part. Dodgy

I didn't forgot about, it was just irreverent to the point, in which only whether it's logical or not matters.

Listen mate, apologise or it's on!

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
13-02-2017, 10:05 AM
It's a classic case of pareidolia...

[Image: 3143107461_1496ac3ba5_b.jpg]

This photo has to be taken from one single aspect, and at the right time of day in order to get the shadows and the alleged likeness to a man-made sphinx.

No

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
13-02-2017, 10:06 AM
(13-02-2017 10:00 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  I didn't forgot about, it was just irreverent to the point, in which only whether it's logical or not matters.

Irreverent points are my favorite. Yes

#sigh
13-02-2017, 10:10 AM
At work.

Consider

So..... Tomasia is now trying to 'Logic' their diety into existence?

Best of luck with that, mate.

Drinking Beverage
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
13-02-2017, 10:17 AM
(13-02-2017 10:00 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  

No you stupid fuck. Logic is one part. Examining assumptions is the other. You can make a fucking logical argument that 0 = 1, based on the Peano axioms (do you even know what the fuck those are?) and the assumption that 1+1 = 1, but that does not make the statement 0=1 *correct* because the initial assumption is a load of horseshit.

But go ahead and claim that it's irrelevant. Twat.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.