For RocketSurgeon...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-05-2017, 01:15 PM
RE: For RocketSurgeon...
(02-05-2017 11:29 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(02-05-2017 10:57 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Bump Wink I see him at the bottom in the who's online thingie Wink

Good bump, Jenny. I rarely check the main forum list...just Shai's "Case For Christ" thread...but it's not on my phone bookmarks list so I had to call up the main list to find it. Thanks for the nice comments, everyone.

For the record: I did not leave because of a "hissy fit". I left because, for months after I asked for the staff to ban a member who crossed a major line in attacking me for my background and who was making me return to some of the ready violence one must harbor in order to survive in a Maximum Security prison surrounded by psychopathic rapists and murderers (a request they granted over the objections of others), I have had people taking potshots at me for supposedly violating their idea of what constitutes permissible speech on this forum. I am unwilling to be subjected to either of those abuses.

I have seen nothing even approaching conciliation or remorse from those who took said potshots. Since I remain unconvinced that this would change in the future, I have no desire to return to TTA, despite the great fondness I hold for many if not most of you. This is simply a matter of "things I will and will not permit in my own life".

Meanwhile, thanks again for the thread and the well-wishing, and keep fighting against the peddlers of woo.

It's a shame because we love having you here but I understand. Just stay well.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like JDog554's post
02-05-2017, 04:04 PM
(02-05-2017 11:29 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I have seen nothing even approaching conciliation or remorse from those who took said potshots. Since I remain unconvinced that this would change in the future, I have no desire to return to TTA, despite the great fondness I hold for many if not most of you. This is simply a matter of "things I will and will not permit in my own life".

For an entirely different reason, I get this. A wise person establishes, and maintains, boundaries.

I still have your number, hope you still have mine. Shoot a text when you want to shoot the shit.
[+] 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
02-05-2017, 04:22 PM
Yeah, RS. I learn so much from your posts about biology. I read them several times.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
02-05-2017, 05:00 PM
Be well, RS76 Hug

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 2 users Like cactus's post
02-05-2017, 06:10 PM
Come by when you fell up to it, bud. We'll leave the porch light on.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
02-05-2017, 06:13 PM
(02-05-2017 10:57 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Bump Wink I see him at the bottom in the who's online thingie Wink

Good bump, Jenny. I rarely check the main forum list...just Shai's "Case For Christ" thread...but it's not on my phone bookmarks list so I had to call up the main list to find it. Thanks for the nice comments, everyone.

For the record: I did not leave because of a "hissy fit". I left because, for months after I asked for the staff to ban a member who crossed a major line in attacking me for my background and who was making me return to some of the ready violence one must harbor in order to survive in a Maximum Security prison surrounded by psychopathic rapists and murderers (a request they granted over the objections of others), I have had people taking potshots at me for supposedly violating their idea of what constitutes permissible speech on this forum. I am unwilling to be subjected to either of those abuses.

I have seen nothing even approaching conciliation or remorse from those who took said potshots. Since I remain unconvinced that this would change in the future, I have no desire to return to TTA, despite the great fondness I hold for many if not most of you. This is simply a matter of "things I will and will not permit in my own life".

Meanwhile, thanks again for the thread and the well-wishing, and keep fighting against the peddlers of woo.

Wow. Sorry dude. I get it. Well as best as I can.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
02-05-2017, 06:44 PM
Maaaaaan..fuck my life. I'm gone for like a month and I come back and all the trolls are banned and half the people I like are gone. *longbeard grumbeling*

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
02-05-2017, 07:50 PM
For RocketSurgeon...

Just take a break and come back when things cool down. The majority of us appreciate having you here. Fuck the idiots. Don't let them drag you down.
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post