For The "Bernie or Busters"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-06-2016, 02:52 AM
RE: For The "Bernie or Busters"
(11-06-2016 05:52 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  I never said I wouldn't discuss it with anyone... just not you. Ad homs, ^^^, I know you love'em!
And yet, you also never bother to defend Clinton when someone else, like BnW, criticizes her by pointing out how much blood she has on her hands. It's almost like you know that the facts aren't on your side. It's almost like you know that her vote for the Iraq war is a matter of indisputable fact. It's almost like you know that she takes tens of millions of dollars from the most misogynistic dictatorships on the planet as a matter of indisputable fact. It's almost like you know that the e-mail server scandal isn't a vast right-wing conspiracy as a matter of indisputable fact. I may be an abrasive asshole, but at least I have the honesty to freely admit to Trump's many faults (e.g. his pseudoscientific views on vaccines and global warming, his childish rhetoric, his deplorable views on torture and targeting families of terrorists) when I argue that he's better than Clinton. You seem to be incapable of doing the same for your candidate. Every point of criticism is either a proven lie or a conspiracy for people like you.

(11-06-2016 11:54 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  He has done so with me, and then complained about being repaid in kind.
Care to quote me on that? I know how to use a search engine so I know for a fact that I have never used an ad hominem attack against you. What I do remember is you trying to talk down to me like a child like the arrogant, condescending dickhead that you are and me telling you to go fuck yourself for it. I never made a personal attack the basis of my argument (which is what an ad hominem is, it's not simply any insult or personal attack).

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2016, 03:26 AM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2016 09:26 AM by Thumpalumpacus.)
(12-06-2016 02:52 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(11-06-2016 11:54 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  He has done so with me, and then complained about being repaid in kind.
Care to quote me on that? I know how to use a search engine so I know for a fact that I have never used an ad hominem attack against you. What I do remember is you trying to talk down to me like a child like the arrogant, condescending dickhead that you are and me telling you to go fuck yourself for it. I never made a personal attack the basis of my argument (which is what an ad hominem is, it's not simply any insult or personal attack).

If you know how to use the search engine, look it up and quote it yourself. Here, I'll do that for you. Take note of your post #105 -- not an insult, but most certainly an ugly, unintellectual, weak-minded last sentence there, and I am happy to let the readership here decide who started the rudeness. My points in that thread were (and are) valid, cogent, and until that point, polite. If you don't like getting wet, don't play with water.

As for your complaint about "condescension", I have two points:

1) If you can't take it, don't dish it out. Be careful about talking down to people, as you're so wont to do. As you should have learnt by now, some of us can and will give the doctor his own prescription.

2) You will earn respect on my screen. It will not be given to you. I don't care for brittle-minded pedants who are unable to absorb viewpoints not their own. Don't like it? Life's tough. Get a helmet and quit whining.
12-06-2016, 03:49 AM
(12-06-2016 03:26 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  If you know how to use the search engine, look it up and quote it yourself.

I doubt you have the spine to replay that tussle for all here to see again, but if you're willing, I'm game.

As for your complaint about "condescension", I have two points:

1) If you can't take it, don't dish it out. Be careful about talking down to people, as you're so wont to do. As you should have learnt by now, some of us can and will give the doctor his own prescription.

2) You will earn respect on my screen. It will not be given to you. I don't care for brittle-minded pedants who are unable to absorb viewpoints not their own. Don't like it? Life's tough. Get a helmet and quit whining.
I don't know if you have realized this by now, but I don't care about whether or not you respect me. The respect of a person like you has no value to me. All I expect from someone who is debating with me is that they refrain from unwarranted condescension. By the way, I never actually talked down to you. You falsely claimed that Trump doesn't say how he intends to pay for his border wall, a claim that a person could only reasonably make if they had never taken a look at Trump's website (which has an entire page dedicated to addressing that matter) and you somehow think that calling you out on that fact is the equivalent of talking down to you? If you had looked at his website at the time you made that claim, you should have said that you think his plans are unfeasible instead of lying about their existence. This is what talking down to someone like a child actually looks like:

"I expect you'll search my grammar next for a fatal flaw that will 'invalidate' my whole point."
"If you'd rather get butthurt than, you know, do what I did and dig through the information, hey, that's your business."

Why is that type of condescension unwarranted, you ask? Because I have not once in my entire life claimed that a grammatical error invalidates someone's argument. I don't mind quoting my own words because I repeated them accurately:

"Who do you think you are to talk down to me like a child? You can take your condescending attitude and go fuck yourself with it; I'm done wasting my time on you."
Source: http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid939282

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
12-06-2016, 04:38 AM
Quote:You will earn respect on my screen. It will not be given to you. I don't care for brittle-minded pedants who are unable to absorb viewpoints not their own. Don't like it? Life's tough. Get a helmet and quit whining.

Has it been awhile since you got some? Keep packing on the Axe. You'll get there! It's gonna feel so sweet when you finally get there. Don't use any cheats!
12-06-2016, 06:18 AM
Here's another good article on the cost of privilege to the Bernie or Busters.

"Privilege is what allows Sanders supporters to say they’ll “never” vote for Clinton"
Written by Melissa Hillman

http://qz.com/644985/privilege-is-what-a...r-clinton/

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
12-06-2016, 06:50 AM
(12-06-2016 06:18 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  Here's another good article on the cost of privilege to the Bernie or Busters.

"Privilege is what allows Sanders supporters to say they’ll “never” vote for Clinton"

Wat?
I do not understand. Also, there are also people who would say that they would never vote for Trump. Is that a privilege thing, too? Maybe I am misunderstanding something?

☆☆☆
12-06-2016, 08:23 AM
(12-06-2016 06:18 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  Here's another good article on the cost of privilege to the Bernie or Busters.

Actually I hate clinton because she is nothing more than an establisment liar who might even put our lives at a bigger risk than trump. On top of that she is not even willing to share here speeches and e-mails.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
12-06-2016, 09:40 AM
(12-06-2016 03:49 AM)Vosur Wrote:  All I expect from someone who is debating with me is that they refrain from unwarranted condescension.

Well, then perhaps you should stop dishing it out? You see, I make change in the coin tendered. You're obviously having a hard time grasping this concept, so I'll type it slowly: treat others as you wish to be treated, because I will treat you that way.

(12-06-2016 03:49 AM)Vosur Wrote:  By the way, I never actually talked down to you.

Here is the first communication we had. Note that it is you writing to me; I hadn't addressed you at all before this:

(30-01-2016 05:47 PM)Vosur Wrote:  You'll find a lot of information about his policies in general there.

(30-01-2016 05:47 PM)Vosur Wrote:  You'd know that this is wrong if you had watched even a single one of his rallies or watched any of his interviews.

Assuming some is ignorant is indeed condescension. If you don't like people talking down to you, don't talk down to them.

(12-06-2016 03:49 AM)Vosur Wrote:  You falsely claimed that Trump doesn't say how he intends to pay for his border wall, a claim that a person could only reasonably make if they had never taken a look at Trump's website (which has an entire page dedicated to addressing that matter) and you somehow think that calling you out on that fact is the equivalent of talking down to you?

No. As for the rest of this passage, this is your pedantry in play again.

(12-06-2016 03:49 AM)Vosur Wrote:  If you had looked at his website at the time you made that claim, you should have said that you think his plans are unfeasible instead of lying about their existence.

As I wrote in that thread, "Talking points do not a plan make."

I'm unsure why such a simple point should be giving you such fits.

(12-06-2016 03:49 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Why is that type of condescension unwarranted, you ask? Because I have not once in my entire life claimed that a grammatical error invalidates someone's argument. I don't mind quoting my own words because I repeated them accurately:

"Who do you think you are to talk down to me like a child? You can take your condescending attitude and go fuck yourself with it; I'm done wasting my time on you."
Source: http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid939282

That condescension is warrranted in your case because 1) you treat people that way yourself, and 2) the difficulties you're having comprehending the simple points I was making tells me that you aren't nearly as smart as you think you are. When someone is both rude to me, and unable to follow a simple point such as I laid out in that thread, they merit my condescension.

That's you. [Image: 2qi92xg.jpg]
12-06-2016, 09:44 AM
(12-06-2016 04:38 AM)ImFred Wrote:  
Quote:You will earn respect on my screen. It will not be given to you. I don't care for brittle-minded pedants who are unable to absorb viewpoints not their own. Don't like it? Life's tough. Get a helmet and quit whining.

Has it been awhile since you got some? Keep packing on the Axe. You'll get there! It's gonna feel so sweet when you finally get there. Don't use any cheats!

I bet that sounded witty before you pressed "send".

If unvarnished opinions bother you so much, you'd best put me on ignore right now.
12-06-2016, 10:06 AM
It's my unvarnished opinion that you sound like an immature arrogant cunt who has never been laid. Put that on ignore.