For TheBorg,

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4 Average
04-09-2016, 07:19 PM
RE: For TheBorg,
(04-09-2016 07:17 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I don't think any religion is carved in stone, and I certainly don't think any need to be even if they think they are.

Certainly mine is not 100% carved in stone and the proof is in the pudding.

That doesn't sound like a very nice pudding. I imagine a visit to the dentist is in order. Weeping

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
04-09-2016, 07:23 PM
(04-09-2016 07:09 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  
(04-09-2016 07:06 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Yes. Doesn't mean there ain't no work behind the wish.

Well, if it requires more than the wish, then that seals my point.

Apparently you don't appreciate the difference between a wish and a prayer.

#sigh
04-09-2016, 07:34 PM
(04-09-2016 07:23 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(04-09-2016 07:09 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  Well, if it requires more than the wish, then that seals my point.

Apparently you don't appreciate the difference between a wish and a prayer.
Fundamentally they are the same. What's your point? Pray up some diamonds and we'll talk.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
04-09-2016, 09:12 PM
(04-09-2016 07:34 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  
(04-09-2016 07:23 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Apparently you don't appreciate the difference between a wish and a prayer.
Fundamentally they are the same. What's your point? Pray up some diamonds and we'll talk.

Prayer and pressure makes a diamond..... silly

#sigh
04-09-2016, 11:04 PM
(04-09-2016 09:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(04-09-2016 07:34 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  Fundamentally they are the same. What's your point? Pray up some diamonds and we'll talk.

Prayer and pressure makes a diamond..... silly

My favorite scene from Superman is the one where he crushes the piece of coal in his hand and makes like a 25 carat diamond.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
04-09-2016, 11:11 PM
(04-09-2016 06:35 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(04-09-2016 06:29 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Honestly, I'm floundering around in this conversation.

Now I have the image of Aliza with two eyes on one side of her head. Sadcryface

My percepts tell me that the concept which I label as "Banjo" is back on form.

My brain's agent function maps those percepts to an action which initiates the agent program named "Rejoice".

Laugh out load

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
04-09-2016, 11:58 PM
(04-09-2016 11:11 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(04-09-2016 06:35 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Now I have the image of Aliza with two eyes on one side of her head. Sadcryface

My percepts tell me that the concept which I label as "Banjo" is back on form.

My brain's agent function maps those percepts to an action which initiates the agent program named "Rejoice".

Laugh out load

Huh? I'm pretty stoned right now. Sadcryface
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
05-09-2016, 08:37 AM
(04-09-2016 06:09 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  
(04-09-2016 04:31 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Metaphysics is not falsifiable... so no.

I'm not talking about metaphysics as in woo woo. I'm talking about metaphysics as in the first branch of philosophy. I'm talking about the fundamental principles that are at the base of any system of ideas. If those are false then the whole system is false. We can falsify the basic premise of theism, the primacy of consciousness, at the perceptual level. Anyone can do this for themselves at any time and at any place. You can easily falsify the primacy of existence principle by demonstrating that a single grain of sand was created by an act of will. So yes.

It works both ways, though. To prove that it wasn't created some way, some how, during some time as an act of will is unfalsifiable.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
05-09-2016, 09:06 AM
(05-09-2016 08:37 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(04-09-2016 06:09 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  I'm not talking about metaphysics as in woo woo. I'm talking about metaphysics as in the first branch of philosophy. I'm talking about the fundamental principles that are at the base of any system of ideas. If those are false then the whole system is false. We can falsify the basic premise of theism, the primacy of consciousness, at the perceptual level. Anyone can do this for themselves at any time and at any place. You can easily falsify the primacy of existence principle by demonstrating that a single grain of sand was created by an act of will. So yes.

It works both ways, though. To prove that it wasn't created some way, some how, during some time as an act of will is unfalsifiable.

Yes but given what we know as in physical facts its so highly improbable as to dwarf any argument as to it being unfalsifiable. Imo
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
05-09-2016, 09:25 AM
(05-09-2016 09:06 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(05-09-2016 08:37 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  It works both ways, though. To prove that it wasn't created some way, some how, during some time as an act of will is unfalsifiable.

Yes but given what we know as in physical facts its so highly improbable as to dwarf any argument as to it being unfalsifiable. Imo

The fact that such a notion violates known facts falsifies it. It is impossible in principle.

[+] 1 user Likes true scotsman's post