For all of you who have accepted Jesus of Gamala!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-07-2014, 05:50 PM
RE: For all of you who have accepted Jesus of Gamala!
(20-07-2014 02:43 PM)CiderThinker Wrote:  
(20-07-2014 02:13 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  Heretic! Tikka masala is the whey, the tooth and the knife.

Our curry
Which art in the oven
Hallowed be thy naan...

I'm gonna have to write the rest of that....

DroolingConsider

What is it with you Brits and curry? Is it your penance for inflicting boiled beef and warm beer on the rest of the world?
Doc
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-07-2014, 05:58 PM
(20-07-2014 05:50 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  
(20-07-2014 02:43 PM)CiderThinker Wrote:  Our curry
Which art in the oven
Hallowed be thy naan...

I'm gonna have to write the rest of that....

DroolingConsider

What is it with you Brits and curry? Is it your penance for inflicting boiled beef and warm beer on the rest of the world?
Doc

Curry is awesome.

Boiled beef I have no idea what you mean.

If by warm beer you mean beer with some actual fucking flavour rather than the freezing cold coyote piss you get in the US then you're welcome Thumbsup

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
[+] 1 user Likes CiderThinker's post
20-07-2014, 06:05 PM
(20-07-2014 05:58 PM)CiderThinker Wrote:  
(20-07-2014 05:50 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  What is it with you Brits and curry? Is it your penance for inflicting boiled beef and warm beer on the rest of the world?
Doc

Curry is awesome.

If by warm beer you mean beer with some actual fucking flavour rather than the freezing cold coyote piss you get in the US then you're welcome Thumbsup

Warm beer is a product of the pre-refrigeration era. Get with the times man!
20-07-2014, 06:07 PM
Awesome derail!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
20-07-2014, 06:31 PM (This post was last modified: 20-07-2014 06:34 PM by WindyCityJazz.)
(20-07-2014 12:18 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  I had an idea to round up a few of my friends who had also accepted Jesus of Gamala as their personal savior. We got together over the weekend in my rumpus room and had a good old sing song. I know there are many of you on this forum who have also accepted Jesus of Gamala as your personal saviors but are afraid to "come out". You know who you are!

Here's the recording of the song, hope you like it:

Wink

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
20-07-2014, 07:22 PM
Jesus of Gamala...isn't that an italian dish over pasta with a side of red wine? Consider

...or is it a jewish sneeze? ah ahhh ahhhhh jesus of gamala!!!

Bless you, may the FSM bring you ever present joy.

[Image: 1z69r45.jpg]

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
21-07-2014, 06:21 AM
(20-07-2014 05:58 PM)CiderThinker Wrote:  
(20-07-2014 05:50 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  What is it with you Brits and curry? Is it your penance for inflicting boiled beef and warm beer on the rest of the world?
Doc

Curry is awesome.

My apologies. All I know about Britain, I learned from Asterix. Do you also mean to say that tea does not give you superhuman strength?
Doc
21-07-2014, 08:36 AM
(20-07-2014 05:50 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  What is it with you Brits and curry?

It's interesting going to an Indian restaurant in Germany. You need to tell them you are British otherwise they serve up some bland mush. I haven't ever eaten a vindaloo in the UK but I now won't have anything less than a vindaloo in Germany. It's about the same heat as a normal hot curry in the UK.

The looks we were getting from the staff last time we went when we asked for the Vindaloo and the extra hot sauce and we mixed the two together.

Still it won't be a problem any more now that I have cooked up a batch of home grown (literally weapons grade) chilli sauce made from Trinidad Scorpion Butch T chillies.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
25-07-2014, 09:19 AM (This post was last modified: 25-07-2014 09:24 AM by Deltabravo.)
(20-07-2014 12:28 PM)CiderThinker Wrote:  Huh?

Consider

It's an inside joke.

I am convinced that the NT is a Hellenistic piece of literature, that the morality in it is Hellenistic gnosticism (not buddhism). It was, I believe, written up by Josephus and Hellenistic Jews of Alexandria and that it deliberately makes fun of messianic Judaism with the use of inconsistencies and hocus pocus, myths and nonsense which the writers did not, themselves, believe at all.

Once one realizes this, and recognizes the life line of Jesus of Gamala, who the Romans defeated and then twisted into JC, one is then freed from the mental anguish of Christianity with its nonsense. One can look at it rationally, as a piece of propaganda and not torment oneself over the nonsense spewed out by born again types who I find particularly hard to take because they keep repeating the same inane monologue.

The key to this is the realization that Jesus was a real person, not the son of god, that he lost a military campaign and wasn't resurrected. This is what follows from finding that Jesus of Gamala is one and the same as Izates or Jesus.

Once one finds the factual truth behind Christianity, one is released from the torment of Christians, one can look at then as gullible, as Jesus says, as those who do not understand the "workings" of gnosticism and need to be taught by parables.

Thus, when one accepts the truth of Jesus of Gamala as a real historical person and not as a godman etc, then one feels like these folk who have experienced a "great change".

Wink

PS. The soloist is Gamu who was kicked of X-Factor a few years ago. Superb voice but Cheryl Cole didn't "get" her.