For all the Star Trek fans out there.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-10-2012, 03:35 AM
Who is your all time favorite star trek captain? My favorite has to be Janeway from star trek voyager. The reasons are as follows. She didn't take any shit. If you look up star trek frasier cast on youtube, kate mulgrew (janeway) did an interesting sketch where she had most of the cast of frasier as her bridge crew. It was quite funny. Voyager also had my favorite episode which contained my favorite quote. "When diplomacy fails there is but one option. Violence must be applied without apology." So, I am curious who your favorite is and for what reason.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-10-2012, 03:42 AM
RE: For all the Star Trek fans out there.
Kirk! He is a sexist pig, but I love him!
I watched the originals when I was a young teen. I fell in love with him.
[+] 1 user Likes depat's post
19-10-2012, 07:41 AM
PICARD. PICARD IS ALL THAT MATTERS. ALL OTHERS FALL BEFORE PICARD AND WEEP AT HIS GREATNESS.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like lucradis's post
19-10-2012, 07:47 AM
(19-10-2012 07:41 AM)lucradis Wrote:  PICARD. PICARD IS ALL THAT MATTERS. ALL OTHERS FALL BEFORE PICARD AND WEEP AT HIS GREATNESS.

Can't say it any fairer than that. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
19-10-2012, 08:14 AM
(19-10-2012 07:41 AM)lucradis Wrote:  PICARD. PICARD IS ALL THAT MATTERS. ALL OTHERS FALL BEFORE PICARD AND WEEP AT HIS GREATNESS.

in 100% agreeance.. this is NOT up for debate.. haha

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
[+] 2 users Like k37713's post
19-10-2012, 09:10 AM
Picard. Point finale.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
19-10-2012, 09:14 AM
Kirk would kick that Frenchie's ass any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
19-10-2012, 09:17 AM (This post was last modified: 19-10-2012 09:24 AM by cheapthrillseaker.)
(19-10-2012 09:14 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Kirk would kick that Frenchie's ass any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

[Image: apparently-only-one-ship-came-equipped-with-a-gym1.jpg]

Oh rly? Wink

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 7 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
19-10-2012, 09:27 AM
JEAN-LUC!

He is so cool and committed with wisdom and grace. Perfect Captain for any ship.
19-10-2012, 09:44 AM
Picard first, because he actually has a crew and recognizes their competence in their fields - he knew how to lead and when not to. He was by far the wisest and cleverest of the bunch and clearly most fit to lead.

Archer second, because he was a likable captain who was more human than any of the others, fallible, curious, even frightened at times, but worked through it and got the job done.

Kirk third, for although he's a demigod among men, he was a bad captain, always pushing crewmen away from their workstations because he believed he could do everyone's job better than they could. Oh, you're a transporter engineer, trained to be an expert in all things related to the transporter? But, something is going wrong, here, get out of my way, I'll show you how to use that transporter. Unrealistic, unlikely, and unbelievable. But, he's the best fighter, best chess player (yep, better than Spock), best diplomat, best at, well, everything you can imagine. He belongs in the Justice League rather than running a mere little starship.

Janeway dead last. Why was she even in starfleet? She gets whisked away through a wormhole to the delta quadrant, a jillion light years from home, at maximum warp they'll all be dead of old age or very nearly so before the ship gets home and they don't have the fuel to make it even a 10th of the way there. Lost, hopelessly stranded. Then, in something like 2 episodes after they figure this out, along comes Q (quite possibly my favorite Star Trek character ever) and he offers the entire ship a magical instant trip home, something he is quite capable of doing and she knows it. All he asks in return is a few years of her company. He is quite clear that it's not a sexual thing, all he wants is her companionship because he likes her mind and personality. He will take her to corners of the galaxy no human will see for 10 thousand years, show her things no human could ever imagine, show her the beginning of space and time - you know, pretty much what every person who joins Starfleet would kill to see. And her entire crew will be home for dinner that day and she'll be home for dinner in a few years, way way way way before she could get there herself. But she said no. And her crew (half of whom were outlaw pirates just a few weeks before) didn't even mutiny or even voice disagreement. I found Janeway entirely unbelievable, and the whole show as well, after that episode.

(I'm not even including Sisko - he was just a bureaucrat running a space station)

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 2 users Like Aseptic Skeptic's post