For all the Star Trek fans out there.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-07-2013, 10:50 PM
RE: For all the Star Trek fans out there.
^I saw that on George Takei's FB today.

As for the OP:
(19-10-2012 07:41 AM)lucradis Wrote:  PICARD. PICARD IS ALL THAT MATTERS. ALL OTHERS FALL BEFORE PICARD AND WEEP AT HIS GREATNESS.
This. I didn't even think the matter was up for debate.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-07-2013, 10:56 PM
For all the Star Trek fans out there.
(15-07-2013 10:50 PM)amyb Wrote:  ^I saw that on George Takei's FB today.

As for the OP:
(19-10-2012 07:41 AM)lucradis Wrote:  PICARD. PICARD IS ALL THAT MATTERS. ALL OTHERS FALL BEFORE PICARD AND WEEP AT HIS GREATNESS.
This. I didn't even think the matter was up for debate.

I saw it on my friend Jonathan's FB.

And it's not up for debate. It's Kirk. Dodgy

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
16-07-2013, 12:16 AM
(19-10-2012 03:35 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Who is your all time favorite star trek captain? My favorite has to be Janeway from star trek voyager. The reasons are as follows. She didn't take any shit. If you look up star trek frasier cast on youtube, kate mulgrew (janeway) did an interesting sketch where she had most of the cast of frasier as her bridge crew. It was quite funny. Voyager also had my favorite episode which contained my favorite quote. "When diplomacy fails there is but one option. Violence must be applied without apology." So, I am curious who your favorite is and for what reason.

Most 'realistic' one was Kirk. He had the right personality for the job. Picard was too cerebral and too inquisitive for a navy captain. Janeway was tough, but didn't have what politicians call 'it' (No, 'it' has nothing to do with a penis.). Then there's Sisko and Archer.......I never knew much about them.

I grew up on Picard, so I guess I know the most about him. His XO, William Riker, would have made a great captain as well.

My least favorite character was Beverly Crusher. A whiny, annoying, irritant for a medical doctor. "But captain! The shuttlecraft might injure the life form!" Who gives a shit? Fly that fucker anyway! I enjoyed watching Q turn her into a barking dog!

Speaking of Star Trek Captains, have you seen the film The Captains by William Shatner?

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
16-07-2013, 12:52 AM
(16-07-2013 12:16 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Most 'realistic' one was Kirk. He had the right personality for the job. Picard was too cerebral and too inquisitive for a navy captain. Janeway was tough, but didn't have what politicians call 'it' (No, 'it' has nothing to do with a penis.). Then there's Sisko and Archer.......I never knew much about them.

Speaking of Star Trek Captains, have you seen the film The Captains by William Shatner?

I haven't seen that,but it's on Netflix streaming and I just added it to my queue.

Also, I think Picard has nostalgic value because TNG was the first series I watched. (As a little kid, I had an enormous crush on Data.) Kirk is my 2nd favorite though.

I liked Sisko at first for things like punching Q and for the events of "In the pale moonlight" (a lot of people hate Sisko for these same reasons), but he also killed my all-time favorite ST character at the very end of the series, and I just can't forgive him for that.

Quote:My least favorite character was Beverly Crusher. A whiny, annoying, irritant for a medical doctor.
While I didn't much like Crusher, my least favorite character of all was either Sisko's girlfriend, Kassidy Yates, or O'Brien's wife, Keiko.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes amyb's post