For all the big government losers on this site

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-04-2012, 04:20 PM
RE: For all the big government losers on this site
Quote: You sound angry.
translation: U mad bro? Big Grin
and having a big government dosen't have anything to do with a corrupt politician ;P
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like reindeer's post
03-04-2012, 05:31 PM
Doesn't this big government argument fall under some sort of logical fallacy?

cum hoc ergo propter hoc - It is a common fallacy in which it is assumed that because two things or events occur together, one must be the cause of the other.
[font=sans-serif]More info here: [/font]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correlation..._causation

To say something is corrupt because of big government is in itself flawed. Corruption and Government be it big or little can still happen. Try to remove your personal bias and you may see the error.

Idiot: : a foolish or stupid person
— idiot adjective
See Republican Candidates.

Keeping realism alive, one honest offensive comment at a time!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Clint Barnett's post
03-04-2012, 05:44 PM
(03-04-2012 04:20 PM)reindeer Wrote:  
Quote: You sound angry.
translation: U mad bro? Big Grin
and having a big government dosen't have anything to do with a corrupt politician ;P
Exactly. No matter how pro-big govt someone is they would not support this....

(03-04-2012 05:31 PM)Clint Barnett Wrote:  Doesn't this big government argument fall under some sort of logical fallacy?

cum hoc ergo propter hoc - It is a common fallacy in which it is assumed that because two things or events occur together, one must be the cause of the other.
[font=sans-serif]More info here: [/font]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correlation..._causation

To say something is corrupt because of big government is in itself flawed. Corruption and Government be it big or little can still happen. Try to remove your personal bias and you may see the error.
Yah, I think this guy pretty much hit the nail on the head.
+1
/thread
[+] 1 user Likes Antirepublican's post
03-04-2012, 05:50 PM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2012 06:01 PM by satan69.)
more proof of big government. the feds are going to arrest people for smoking pot, even though vodka and ciggs are way worse.A state regulates it and the feds tell them what to do anyway.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...ss.bayarea

what you people dont understand is, as long as the feds dont impose on something you believe is your constitutional right, you are ok with big government , but if one day the government starts imposing their view on you, you say government is too big. if the government jailed atheists, most people here would be pretty pissed. if sanscrotum banned condoms, you would say get out of my bedroom. the founding fathers gave the feds limited power, because they knew they would go crazy if they got too big. that's where we are today. no lawyer for americans if THEY consider something terrorism. hell, anything can be considered terrorism. telling a cop your going to kill them, when your drunk, can be considered terrorism. life in prison! no lawyer!
"im sober now can I get out? No , you can't. You should have thought of that when you were running your mouth"
03-04-2012, 05:58 PM
(03-04-2012 05:50 PM)satan69 Wrote:  more proof of big government. the feds are going to arrest people for smoking pot, even though vodka and ciggs are way worse.A state regulates it and the feds tell them what to do anyway.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...ss.bayarea
Where did you get the idea that Pot was less harmful than cigarettes and alcohol? Sounds like you just kind of made it up.
I am all for the legalizing of marijuana, but lets not insinuate its harmless.

Even so, this argument pretty much falls back into that logical fallacy talked about earlier.

Clint Barnett

03-04-2012, 06:06 PM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2012 06:10 PM by satan69.)
I never said it was harmless, but if you want to smoke in your apartment and not hurt other people with second hand smoke im cool with it. ..here is your proof on ciggs:
http://www.cdc.gov/chronicdisease/resour...AG/osh.htm

I am not even a pot smoker. did it 4 times in the last 25 years. at least when people smoke pot, it would be in their house away from me, but the worthless smokers like to blow their filt in everyones face but thats legal.
03-04-2012, 06:16 PM
Disliking or disagreeing with something that the government does is not the same thing as wanting "smaller government". I'm personally an advocate of more personal liberty as well as more social safety net. In some ways that's a smaller government and in other ways a bigger government. I think health care should be universal, but I disagree with corruption. What am I to do!?

I hate being arrested for smoking pot, but I just love big government so much! I am like a wind without a sail, I cannot function!

Your argument is absurd.
[+] 2 users Like kineo's post
03-04-2012, 06:27 PM
sure government can be corrupt when its small. you misunderstood my point.slavery was legal under SMALL government. thats proof of what you are actually saying. Im backing up your own claim. the constitution says everyone is created equal. if the founding fathers would have followed their own constitution, we would have ended it in 1776. what i am saying is, the bigger government gets, the more power they get,and the more chances they have of being more corrupt. we have proof today of that. if you cant see this, i cant help you.
03-04-2012, 07:38 PM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2012 07:43 PM by Antirepublican.)
(03-04-2012 06:27 PM)satan69 Wrote:  sure government can be corrupt when its small. you misunderstood my point.slavery was legal under SMALL government. thats proof of what you are actually saying. Im backing up your own claim. the constitution says everyone is created equal. if the founding fathers would have followed their own constitution, we would have ended it in 1776. what i am saying is, the bigger government gets, the more power they get,and the more chances they have of being more corrupt. we have proof today of that. if you cant see this, i cant help you.
Bigger govt =/= more corruption. We have lots of examples to go on by across the world that proves this to be true.

PS:
I would just like to go on record saying that I hate people who use the founding father's documents as a second bible.
Not that you did that, but it just really grinds my gears.

For example, we can't have sensible gun reform, because someone 200 years ago wrote that 'guns are great' on a piece of paper. Which they were at that time, because they were absolutely needed, but not so much today.
03-04-2012, 07:48 PM
I don't think you understand. What you're saying is stupid, and sorta Ron Paul's isolationist stance. This country still has the largest economy it's not going down the tube rather it has to deal with a multilateral
World ie multiple players like china brazil India. No longer does the US dominate the entire world by itself. And the budget will be balanced. Bill clinton balanced the budget in office, he even had a surplus. it was bush that got rid of it in 2 years with his over zealous spending. I talked to you about why the debt isn't that big of a problem and that the media has overhyped the problem and the republicans just politicize the matter for their own benefits. Take an economics class please it will do you some benefit and get rid of these stupid misconceptions
[+] 1 user Likes Indian's post