For all the big government losers on this site

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-04-2012, 08:53 AM
RE: For all the big government losers on this site
Okay, I keep hearing this crap all the time "He didnt write the newsletters"
Dude, for a straight decade racist newsletters were written in the name of Ron Paul. He brushes them off and claims he didnt write them even though its HIS newsletter signed with HIS name on it.
Even if you are correct (and I doubt it) that means Ron Paul cant even manage a simple newsletter and his signature doesnt mean shit to anyone including himself.
Now argue that one. Put yourself in his shoes Germanyt. Your newsletter is pumping out all kinds of hateful racist bullshit for a straight decade. Now explain to me how I am supposed to just say "oh, its okay..its Germanyt's newsletter and the collumns have his signature under it, but he said he didnt write them."?
Come on...I want to hear how you defend this.

"Praise Sweet Baby Jesus!" - RevJ. Cool

My Sites: www.jesuschristarcade.com - www.facebook.com/jesuschristarcade - Twitter@jesusarcade
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2012, 09:05 AM
(12-04-2012 08:53 AM)reverendjeremiah Wrote:  Okay, I keep hearing this crap all the time "He didnt write the newsletters"
Dude, for a straight decade racist newsletters were written in the name of Ron Paul. He brushes them off and claims he didnt write them even though its HIS newsletter signed with HIS name on it.
Even if you are correct (and I doubt it) that means Ron Paul cant even manage a simple newsletter and his signature doesnt mean shit to anyone including himself.
Now argue that one. Put yourself in his shoes Germanyt. Your newsletter is pumping out all kinds of hateful racist bullshit for a straight decade. Now explain to me how I am supposed to just say "oh, its okay..its Germanyt's newsletter and the collumns have his signature under it, but he said he didnt write them."?
Come on...I want to hear how you defend this.
You talk about it like it was hundreds of newsletter containing racist information. I've read the statements. It amounts to a few paragraphs worth of sentences over a decade. Ron Paul did not write them and did not edit them. He just paid to have newsletters published and paid someone else to write it.

Quote:The Houston Chronicle quoted Paul campaign chairman Jesse
Benton saying that the newsletters were written by a ghostwriter in
Paul's name. Mr. Benton acknowledged the point made by many critics of
the candidate: that Paul "should have better policed" the newsletters
that went out under his name.
"Dr. Paul has assumed responsibility, apologized for his lack of oversight and disavowed the offensive material," said Benton.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
12-04-2012, 09:10 AM
Quote:You talk about it like it was hundreds of newsletter containing racist information. I've read the statements. It amounts to a few paragraphs worth of sentences over a decade. Ron Paul did not write them and did not edit them. He just paid to have newsletters published and paid someone else to write it.
So he is careless about what is printed over his signature then?

My Sites: www.jesuschristarcade.com - www.facebook.com/jesuschristarcade - Twitter@jesusarcade
12-04-2012, 09:27 AM
(12-04-2012 09:10 AM)reverendjeremiah Wrote:  
Quote:You talk about it like it was hundreds of newsletter containing racist information. I've read the statements. It amounts to a few paragraphs worth of sentences over a decade. Ron Paul did not write them and did not edit them. He just paid to have newsletters published and paid someone else to write it.
So he is careless about what is printed over his signature then?

I suppose you could put it like that. This is really a non issue. Even the media doesn't care about this story.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
12-04-2012, 11:20 AM
(12-04-2012 09:27 AM)germanyt Wrote:  
(12-04-2012 09:10 AM)reverendjeremiah Wrote:  So he is careless about what is printed over his signature then?

I suppose you could put it like that. This is really a non issue. Even the media doesn't care about this story.
No, more accurately it is a non-issue to YOU. To me and other people it very much is not only a legitimate issue, but a BIG fucking deal. No matter what angle you take on this newsletter thing it doesnt look good. It shows his supporters are willing to just brush off shit like this but then turn around and say that Paul cares and we should trust him. Sorry bro, the man cant even manage a simple fucking newsletter. Why would I trust him to run the government? There is no nice way of looking at this newsletter thing Germany...every single angle makes Ron Paul appear either a racist scum bag or a bumbling clown.

12-04-2012, 11:51 AM
(12-04-2012 11:20 AM)reverendjeremiah Wrote:  
(12-04-2012 09:27 AM)germanyt Wrote:  I suppose you could put it like that. This is really a non issue. Even the media doesn't care about this story.
No, more accurately it is a non-issue to YOU. To me and other people it very much is not only a legitimate issue, but a BIG fucking deal. No matter what angle you take on this newsletter thing it doesnt look good. It shows his supporters are willing to just brush off shit like this but then turn around and say that Paul cares and we should trust him. Sorry bro, the man cant even manage a simple fucking newsletter. Why would I trust him to run the government? There is no nice way of looking at this newsletter thing Germany...every single angle makes Ron Paul appear either a racist scum bag or a bumbling clown.
You are making this a big deal because you don't like Paul. It's not that you don't like him because of this. If you supported him you wouldn't care about the newsletter because you'd know he didn't write it and something as trivial as monitoring a newsletter wouldn't be an issue. But because you dislike Paul you are making this out to be an issue. It's not a big deal. Someone he paid to write a newsletter 20 years ago wrote some things that he disagreed with and he has acknowledged an apologized for it. I think it funny that you equate not paying attention to a newsletter to not being able to run the government. Nevermind his message or his experience as a congressman. Or his military or medical background. A few paragraphs slip by in a 20 year old newsletter so clearly he cant be competent. Rolleyes

-Mark Twain
12-04-2012, 12:10 PM
Actually there are quite a few things I like about Paul. Personally being a Libertarian myself (albeit on the left) I find his approach on limited govt, no war, legalizing drugs to be spot on with me.
On the flip side he is STOUTLY anti-union and I am in a union. to vote for him would be the same as voting that my family go hungry and be kicked out of our home.
With that said it has no bearing on the newsletters. The newsletters speak passages to me of what to expect from Ron "who me? I didnt write those." Paul. His military background is irrelevant as well as his congressional and medical background when it comes to this subject and you should know this. what? Are you trying to say that people in the medical industry, millitary and congress cant be racist?

12-04-2012, 01:33 PM
(12-04-2012 12:10 PM)reverendjeremiah Wrote:  Actually there are quite a few things I like about Paul. Personally being a Libertarian myself (albeit on the left) I find his approach on limited govt, no war, legalizing drugs to be spot on with me.
On the flip side he is STOUTLY anti-union and I am in a union. to vote for him would be the same as voting that my family go hungry and be kicked out of our home.
With that said it has no bearing on the newsletters. The newsletters speak passages to me of what to expect from Ron "who me? I didnt write those." Paul. His military background is irrelevant as well as his congressional and medical background when it comes to this subject and you should know this. what? Are you trying to say that people in the medical industry, millitary and congress cant be racist?
No. I'm addressing your remark about Paul's competency. You suggested that because these newsletters slipped by that he is somehow not capable of running the country. I'm merely pointing out that of anyone currently running for office no one touches his credentials. He's campaigned on the same platform for 30 years or more and has the most consistent voting record in Congress. So having been in office for many years, being a doctor (who else running could understand health care better than he), and he served in the military so he'll have a better understanding of the consequences of defense decisions makes him by far the most qualified candidate. A few racist remarks made by someone else doesn't negate that.

-Mark Twain
12-04-2012, 05:12 PM
(03-04-2012 05:31 PM)Clint Barnett Wrote:  Doesn't this big government argument fall under some sort of logical fallacy?

cum hoc ergo propter hoc - It is a common fallacy in which it is assumed that because two things or events occur together, one must be the cause of the other.
[font=sans-serif]More info here: [/font]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correlation..._causation

To say something is corrupt because of big government is in itself flawed. Corruption and Government be it big or little can still happen. Try to remove your personal bias and you may see the error.
No, in this case it is not a fallacy, as you might also be aware causation does in fact coincide with correlation when when events being correlated are being being caused by the event in question. Then...the difference between little government corruption (which you are right to say exists), and big government corruption is material be virtue of the scale of the fall out resulting from the misguided actions of political bureaucrats (who might have an eye on an airport, vs. a parking lot...say).

The problem with government performance is easily understood when you consider that without profit as a motivation they have no incentive to control spending...

The one really inconvenient fact about the austrian outlook is that it reveals the uncomfortable truth about humans, we are individualists mammals not collectivist insects, so no matter how much wishful thinking is employed to dream your way clear of this fact you end in the same boat as the wishful thinking theist.
12-04-2012, 11:29 PM
Quote:A few racist remarks made by someone else doesn't negate that.
So someone else wrote those racist comments and put Ron Pauls signature under it? Then surely Paul is very upset about this afront to his name and has taken up a lawsuit against the one who did such a thing? I mean, Ron isnt trying to sweep this whole thing under the rug is he? Surely he has pointed out who really did this because gosh darn it he would never write those things himself would he?

"The issue of succession is a key issue..." Ron Paul. This was of course done back in 2003, so apparently someone else did this speech in front of the rebel flag with Ron Pauls body against his knowledge.
Must be nice to pay people to write your racism under your name and claim you "didnt do it" and still have your fan club believe in you so feverishly. Personally I aint buying it one bit. Im not stupid. The vast majority of racists flock towards Conservative Libertarianism. Of course the racists want less government. Of COURSE Ron Paul is all for allowing "whites only" signs to be put up and enforced by police...
...but no, its "unfortunate" that someone else *hint hint* wrote those racist letters using my name...gosh golly dangit!

20 years of consistent racism and homophobia by Ron Paul in his newsletter:
"Martin Luther King day is 'hate wightey day" - Ron Paul
"Martin Luther King is a pedophile" - Ron Paul
(speaking of blacks and Newyork) "Welfaria, ZOOVILE, rapetown, dirtberg, and Lazyopolis" - Ron Paul
(speaking of gays going to the whitehouse) "It should be called the pink house" - Ron Paul
"Homosexuals were far better off when social pressure forced them to hide their activity" - Ron Paul (supposed libertarian)
"Bring back the closet" - Ron Paul (supposed Libertarian)
"Gays should be quarenteened" - Ron Paul about several subjects on Gay people in society and the military
"Gays are actively trying to poison the blood supplies with AIDS." - Ron Paul on his homophobia
Ron Paul is no civil libertarian....Ron Paul is an idiot douche bag.