For everyone! Mostly

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2016, 04:50 PM
RE: For everyone! Mostly
This place rocks. I came, saw and grew roots. Big Grin

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2016, 05:03 PM
(06-05-2016 04:10 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(06-05-2016 03:50 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  Actually I don't think I want to associate with theists anymore. I've learned a lot and that's already against the Christian belief. Remember they want you to have the faith of a child and believe the bible and anything a preacher spews. Knowledge is evil and sends you to hell.

I'm horrible at keeping up with newer members; what kind of religious or non-religious background do you have, or had?

Started out as a baptist. After years of that I went to a non denomination church which was basically still baptist. I live in Americas Bible Belt. The entire side of my dads family are preachers, youth leaders, worship leaders. My mothers side are mostly worship leaders. I started leaning away when my home church treated me different when I started seeing an agnostic.
06-05-2016, 06:15 PM
(06-05-2016 05:03 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  
(06-05-2016 04:10 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  I'm horrible at keeping up with newer members; what kind of religious or non-religious background do you have, or had?

Started out as a baptist. After years of that I went to a non denomination church which was basically still baptist. I live in Americas Bible Belt. The entire side of my dads family are preachers, youth leaders, worship leaders. My mothers side are mostly worship leaders. I started leaning away when my home church treated me different when I started seeing an agnostic.

Unfortunate. The people moving away from you are either afraid or angry with you, based on what they've been taught all their lives. Not even sure if it matters to blame them for it.

However, it's good you can find refuge here. I hope you stay and pursue knowledge rather than fearing it, as many do.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
06-05-2016, 06:56 PM
(06-05-2016 12:38 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  I'm so happy I stumbled across this site. You guys have helped me grow so much. I spend most of the time on the site just reading everything. Everyone (mostly) has been helpful and funny. I appreciate everyone here.

We are happy to have you here Smile

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
06-05-2016, 07:02 PM
(06-05-2016 03:50 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  Actually I don't think I want to associate with theists anymore. I've learned a lot and that's already against the Christian belief. Remember they want you to have the faith of a child and believe the bible and anything a preacher spews. Knowledge is evil and sends you to hell.

But... but...
SadcryfaceSadcryfaceSadcryfaceSadcryface2Sadcryface2

I'm a theist.
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
06-05-2016, 07:06 PM
(06-05-2016 07:02 PM)Aliza Wrote:  But... but...

I'm a theist.

Pretty sure OP meant "normal" theists. You're not one.

( That's a compliment by the way Tongue )

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 3 users Like evenheathen's post
06-05-2016, 07:06 PM
(06-05-2016 07:06 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  

I'm a theist.

Pretty sure OP meant "normal" theists. You're not one.

( That's a compliment by the way Tongue )

Yes Aliza is special lol

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
06-05-2016, 07:07 PM
Hug

I'm a theist.

Hug

The great/wonderful thing is that you don't go all 'spewy' every where about the place.

Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
06-05-2016, 08:01 PM
Awe Aliza you know i didn't mean you!! I love you!
[+] 2 users Like Jewelarcher's post
06-05-2016, 08:02 PM
I should have said something more specific. I don't really go with religion anymore.. We broke up
[+] 4 users Like Jewelarcher's post