For everyone! Mostly

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-05-2016, 05:58 AM
RE: For everyone! Mostly
(06-05-2016 12:38 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  I'm so happy I stumbled across this site. You guys have helped me grow so much. I spend most of the time on the site just reading everything. Everyone (mostly) has been helpful and funny. I appreciate everyone here.

I'm glad you're enjoying it here. I've found it's nice to be able to talk to like-minded people and have somewhat of a support group. The fun community is a nice side benefit.

I'm lucky enough to have enough close friends and family that aren't religious to have a bit of a support group in real life. I've met a lot of people here who aren't so lucky.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
11-05-2016, 07:15 AM
(11-05-2016 05:58 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(06-05-2016 12:38 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  I'm so happy I stumbled across this site. You guys have helped me grow so much. I spend most of the time on the site just reading everything. Everyone (mostly) has been helpful and funny. I appreciate everyone here.

I'm glad you're enjoying it here. I've found it's nice to be able to talk to like-minded people and have somewhat of a support group. The fun community is a nice side benefit.

I'm lucky enough to have enough close friends and family that aren't religious to have a bit of a support group in real life. I've met a lot of people here who aren't so lucky.

Yeah that's the hard part. The amount of people like the ones on this forum seems to be limited around here.
11-05-2016, 07:21 AM
(11-05-2016 07:15 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  
(11-05-2016 05:58 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  I'm glad you're enjoying it here. I've found it's nice to be able to talk to like-minded people and have somewhat of a support group. The fun community is a nice side benefit.

Yeah that's the hard part. The amount of people like the ones on this forum seems to be limited around here.

Are there any groups in your area where nonreligious people meet and hang out?
11-05-2016, 07:26 AM
(06-05-2016 07:02 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(06-05-2016 03:50 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  Actually I don't think I want to associate with theists anymore. I've learned a lot and that's already against the Christian belief. Remember they want you to have the faith of a child and believe the bible and anything a preacher spews. Knowledge is evil and sends you to hell.

But... but...
SadcryfaceSadcryfaceSadcryfaceSadcryface2Sadcryface2

I'm a theist.

But we still love you!
[+] 2 users Like Born Again Pagan's post
11-05-2016, 07:28 AM
(11-05-2016 05:58 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  I'm glad you're enjoying it here. I've found it's nice to be able to talk to like-minded people and have somewhat of a support group. The fun community is a nice side benefit.

Maybe check with local library ad see if they know of a Socrates Society. Or some such name.
11-05-2016, 07:48 AM

Gotta light up the Satan signal. They will come to you Laugh out load

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
11-05-2016, 07:51 AM
(06-05-2016 03:50 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  Actually I don't think I want to associate with theists anymore. I've learned a lot and that's already against the Christian belief. Remember they want you to have the faith of a child and believe the bible and anything a preacher spews. Knowledge is evil and sends you to hell.

It's nearly impossible to not associate with theists. They are everywhere. It would be hard to live a life without coming in contact with them. It is possible to have relationships with those whose beliefs are different...the secret is to not push your belief (or lack thereof) onto others. Some theists have a real problem with that since they also believe they have been tasked by their god to spread the word...whatever that is.

Few of us can make it through our day-to-day lives without coming in contact with theists. That's part of what makes this place so great. We have somewhere to go where most of the people either aren't theist or are theist but don't feel the need to shove their beliefs at us...Kingschosen and Aliza come to mind.

This is a good place. Glad you found us and that you feel comfortable here.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
11-05-2016, 09:12 AM
(11-05-2016 05:58 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  I'm lucky enough to have enough close friends and family that aren't religious to have a bit of a support group in real life. I've met a lot of people here who aren't so lucky.

I got lucky in that even though my wife is Christian, both of her sisters, and both of their husbands aren't religious. Also, I recently found out my brother isn't religious. Pretty much none of my male cousins are.

Really, I was kind of the last one on this boat. I still identified as Christian a little more than five years ago.