For those atheists that believe in objective morality, can you prove it?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-03-2014, 11:10 AM
RE: For those atheists that believe in objective morality, can you prove it?
(12-03-2014 11:07 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(12-03-2014 10:58 AM)donotwant Wrote:  You are pointless to talk to Facepalm

What are you going to do? Tell them that your morality is objectively superior?

Tell me how well that works out for you dumbass...

Just because somebody thinks tooth decay is healthy doesn't mean it's healthy dumbass...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2014, 11:27 AM
(12-03-2014 11:10 AM)donotwant Wrote:  
(12-03-2014 11:07 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  What are you going to do? Tell them that your morality is objectively superior?

Tell me how well that works out for you dumbass...

Just because somebody thinks tooth decay is healthy doesn't mean it's healthy dumbass...

The fact that you can't even get the simple concept behind that example only proves how fucking mentally deficient you really are. Thanks for once again confirming it with your unwavering stupidity. Do us all a favor and go find that bottle of bleach under you sink and chug it. Hobo

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
12-03-2014, 11:35 AM
(12-03-2014 11:27 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(12-03-2014 11:10 AM)donotwant Wrote:  Just because somebody thinks tooth decay is healthy doesn't mean it's healthy dumbass...

The fact that you can't even get the simple concept behind that example only proves how fucking mentally deficient you really are. Thanks for once again confirming it with your unwavering stupidity. Do us all a favor and go find that bottle of bleach under you sink and chug it. Hobo

I will once your teeth will fall out Laughat
12-03-2014, 11:51 AM
(12-03-2014 04:20 AM)donotwant Wrote:  
(12-03-2014 04:19 AM)Stevil Wrote:  It can be sometimes.
e.g. a healthy person can be considered overweight by some or too skinny by some.

But there are certainly some objective measurements that can be made.
e.g. a high temperature can be a clear indicator of lack of health.

Good now can morality have some objective measurements?
No it cannot.
A person can believe that it does, maybe they pick human wellness as their yardstick and then show that wellness can be objectively measured.
But other person may pick something other than wellness, maybe they think personal deprivation and suffering is the yardstick. e.g. there are some people whom inflict pain on themselves to atone for their own "sins", some people are sadomasochists...

Would you consider an unhealthy person to be immoral?
What if they have some incurable genetic disease? Do they have a moral obligation to kill themselves and thus raise the overall wellness of the human race?
What if you consider them overweight? do they have a moral obligation to lose weight?
What if they are unfit? do they have a moral obligation to get fit? Who is it that decides what fit means?
12-03-2014, 11:56 AM
(12-03-2014 11:51 AM)Stevil Wrote:  
(12-03-2014 04:20 AM)donotwant Wrote:  Good now can morality have some objective measurements?
No it cannot.
A person can believe that it does, maybe they pick human wellness as their yardstick and then show that wellness can be objectively measured.
But other person may pick something other than wellness, maybe they think personal deprivation and suffering is the yardstick. e.g. there are some people whom inflict pain on themselves to atone for their own "sins", some people are sadomasochists...

Would you consider an unhealthy person to be immoral?
What if they have some incurable genetic disease? Do they have a moral obligation to kill themselves and thus raise the overall wellness of the human race?
What if you consider them overweight? do they have a moral obligation to lose weight?
What if they are unfit? do they have a moral obligation to get fit? Who is it that decides what fit means?

To me morality is about relation of creature to other creatures. A person can be unhealthy if he wants to. But he can't say that tooth decay is healthy.
12-03-2014, 12:03 PM
Can someone explain to me what tooth decay has to do with morality??

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
12-03-2014, 12:04 PM
We are comparing subjectivity of health to subjectivity of morality.
I am saying that health and morals are objective but morality only concerns other individuals not the individual himself. Which means I can do whatever I want as long as it does not harm others or infringes upon my autonomy.

Also people can choose to stay unhealthy but they can't say they are healthy if they aren't.
12-03-2014, 12:06 PM
(12-03-2014 11:56 AM)donotwant Wrote:  To me morality is about relation of creature to other creatures.
Are you vegan?
12-03-2014, 12:08 PM
(12-03-2014 12:06 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(12-03-2014 11:56 AM)donotwant Wrote:  To me morality is about relation of creature to other creatures.
Are you vegan?

No because I can't live without meat Thumbsup
12-03-2014, 12:18 PM
(12-03-2014 12:08 PM)donotwant Wrote:  
(12-03-2014 12:06 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Are you vegan?

No because I can't live without meat Thumbsup
Unless you have some kind of special medical condition then this is not true.
Many people do live without meat, and milk, and wool, and leather...
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post