For those who reject the existence of Jesus...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-03-2014, 02:58 AM
RE: For those who reject the existence of Jesus...
(11-03-2014 02:48 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(11-03-2014 02:22 AM)shimmyjimmy Wrote:  How is this relevant?

I love how you've ignored all of my previous on-point responses, and only when I go off on a tangent because I'm getting bored with talking to a wall, now do you decide to finally respond to me... Dodgy

However the point that you've seemed to miss is this; many of the non-religious are non-religious because we know so much more about religion than the religious. This might seem surprising to those who profess belief, but many of the people here who no longer believe did at one time; and many of them were deeply entrenched in their religions.

So it should not come as a surprise, all things considered, that some non-religious folk talk about religion a lot.

Everyone's has posited pretty much the same thing: Those figures being myths is less important than their supposed contributions.

And that is fine. I don't mind at all that you talk about religion. I said that in response to someone who questioned why a non-Christian would talk about Christianity.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes shimmyjimmy's post
11-03-2014, 03:01 AM
(10-03-2014 10:33 PM)shimmyjimmy Wrote:  
(10-03-2014 12:53 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  You know,for someone claiming to be non-christian,you talk a lot about jesus

For someone claiming to be non-religious, you sure talk a lot about religion(s).

actually,i don't. I only talk about religion if people have asked my opinion,wich they do rarely since they know they won't like the answer

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
11-03-2014, 03:26 AM
(11-03-2014 03:01 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  
(10-03-2014 10:33 PM)shimmyjimmy Wrote:  For someone claiming to be non-religious, you sure talk a lot about religion(s).

actually,i don't. I only talk about religion if people have asked my opinion,wich they do rarely since they know they won't like the answer

You've made thousands of posts on this forum, and they don't have to do with religion or God?
11-03-2014, 03:29 AM
(11-03-2014 02:56 AM)shimmyjimmy Wrote:  Christianity has directly effected me, and it is still all around me.
Fair enough but i fail to see how Christianity is any different from other religions.

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence
11-03-2014, 04:24 AM
(11-03-2014 02:58 AM)shimmyjimmy Wrote:  ...
Everyone's has posited pretty much the same thing: Those figures being myths is less important than their supposed contributions.

You did not reply to my post about 'attributions'. That's ok. You have no obligation to respond to everyone.

But I see above that you have responded in a way, by instead using the word 'contributions'.

And yes, I think I agree with your summary that "Those figures being myths is less important than their supposed contributions."

Hitch said it rather well...

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
11-03-2014, 04:26 AM
(10-03-2014 08:03 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(10-03-2014 01:05 AM)shimmyjimmy Wrote:  I am not Christian.

Really? Then please share with us YOUR views, I think you have asked us plenty of questions without revealing your own stance. Did you do an intro post so we can get to know you a bit?

I think you know you have walked into a room of mostly atheists and agnostics, questioned, and now, it's your turn to share about you. It's how a community works.

(11-03-2014 02:26 AM)shimmyjimmy Wrote:  
(11-03-2014 02:25 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Why not be well mannered by answering the questions addressed to you?

I have answered any I deem worthy of such.

I think there's quite a few of us that would like my question answered.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 3 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
11-03-2014, 11:06 AM
(10-03-2014 10:33 PM)shimmyjimmy Wrote:  
(10-03-2014 12:53 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  You know,for someone claiming to be non-christian,you talk a lot about jesus

For someone claiming to be non-religious, you sure talk a lot about religion(s).

Because assholes like you insist on coming in here and trolling your bullshit fairy stories. And lobby governments to pass laws forcing your fucking fairy tales down our throats and our childrens' throats. And so we band together in forums like this to discuss how to get your fucking boots off our fucking necks. So what.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
11-03-2014, 11:13 AM
(11-03-2014 02:56 AM)shimmyjimmy Wrote:  
(11-03-2014 02:31 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  We talk about all religions in a fair light because they affect our lives,we're not fixated on certain type of monotheism like you.Dodgy

Christianity has directly effected me, and it is still all around me.

Irrelevant!!!

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 2 users Like Losty's post
11-03-2014, 11:16 AM
(11-03-2014 04:24 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(11-03-2014 02:58 AM)shimmyjimmy Wrote:  ...

You did not reply to my post about 'attributions'. That's ok. You have no obligation to respond to everyone.

But I see above that you have responded in a way, by instead using the word 'contributions'.

And yes, I think I agree with your summary that "Those figures being myths is less important than their supposed contributions."

Hitch said it rather well...

You have not been deemed worthy by the great shimmyshimmy

Ps join us in the sexy banter thread. Our fantasies about you will be better if you're actually around Big Grin

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
11-03-2014, 11:19 AM
For those who reject the existence of Jesus...
(11-03-2014 02:56 AM)shimmyjimmy Wrote:  
(11-03-2014 02:31 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  We talk about all religions in a fair light because they affect our lives,we're not fixated on certain type of monotheism like you.Dodgy

Christianity has directly effected me, and it is still all around me.

Irrelevant!

*edit: Lostandinsecure beat me to this.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 3 users Like rampant.a.i.'s post