For those who reject the existence of Jesus...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-03-2014, 12:57 PM
RE: For those who reject the existence of Jesus...
Quote: Except many believe Archimedes and Socrates did exist, even though the evidence for such is no greater than the evidence for Jesus.

I've yet to have some asshole knock on my door and try to hand me a pamphlet about Archimedes. Right there, you jesus freaks cross the line.

[Image: reality.jpg?imgmax=800]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
10-03-2014, 01:10 PM
For those who reject the existence of Jesus...
Won't you accept Archimedes and his principle, and the holy screw pump into your heart?

β€œIt is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 2 users Like rampant.a.i.'s post
10-03-2014, 01:34 PM
(10-03-2014 01:10 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  Won't you accept Archimedes and his principle, and the holy screw pump into your heart?

The Gospels can't even get the measurement of Pi right, a value that had been calculated to a few decimal places centuries before by both Greeks and Egyptians. Not only that, but the Greek mathematician Eratosthenes had already managed to deduce that the world was not flat and had calculated it's circumference. Pythagorean theorem? Yep, chalk up another one to Pythagoras, another ancient Greek mathematician. Mythical or not, at least these Greek philosophers, mathematicians, and astronomers left us with valuable ideas and methods of thinking.

As for Jesus? Not so much... Facepalm

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 6 users Like EvolutionKills's post
10-03-2014, 10:27 PM
The only nearly contemporaneous evidence for his existence is the extent to which the gospels go to fabricate his birth story to make it consistent with alleged OT prophecy. Unfortunately for believers of the myth, the historical fabrication and contradictory tales only serve to further undermine the other ridiculous claims the gospels make about the life of the deranged rabbi.
10-03-2014, 10:33 PM
(10-03-2014 12:53 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  You know,for someone claiming to be non-christian,you talk a lot about jesus

For someone claiming to be non-religious, you sure talk a lot about religion(s).
10-03-2014, 10:35 PM
(10-03-2014 12:57 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
Quote: Except many believe Archimedes and Socrates did exist, even though the evidence for such is no greater than the evidence for Jesus.

I've yet to have some asshole knock on my door and try to hand me a pamphlet about Archimedes. Right there, you jesus freaks cross the line.

Irrelevant. Also, I'm not a "Jesus freak".
10-03-2014, 10:37 PM
(10-03-2014 10:38 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(10-03-2014 01:11 AM)shimmyjimmy Wrote:  I am interested in history, and historical consistency.

But there isn't a lot of "historical consistency" in the bible.

Irrelevant.

My point was in regards to consistency in historical validation of figures in antiquity.
10-03-2014, 10:42 PM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2014 10:51 PM by GirlyMan.)
Everything I know about Jesus came from his buddy Biff. As far as I can tell Biff's is the only undisputed firsthand account out there. Bucky'll correct me if I'm mistaken.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
10-03-2014, 10:46 PM
(10-03-2014 12:57 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  

A few weeks back I had these guys come to my house, hand me a pamphlet, and tell me that this one time there was a zombie, and because he became a zombie we can all now become zombies too.

I said that's nonsense, zombies aren't real, and I closed the door.

[+] 3 users Like Raptor Jesus's post
10-03-2014, 10:52 PM
(10-03-2014 10:35 PM)shimmyjimmy Wrote:  
(10-03-2014 12:57 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  I've yet to have some asshole knock on my door and try to hand me a pamphlet about Archimedes. Right there, you jesus freaks cross the line.

Irrelevant. Also, I'm not a "Jesus freak".

I'll be the judge of that!

[Image: reality.jpg?imgmax=800]
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post