For those who reject the existence of Jesus...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-03-2014, 11:54 PM
RE: For those who reject the existence of Jesus...
'shimmyjimmy',

Here, below, is a link to a previous thread in which many of us pretty well sum of our thoughts on the historicity of the Jesus character from the bible, whether he existed or not, and what that would even mean if he did.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...-He-a-Myth

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Raptor Jesus's post
10-03-2014, 11:55 PM
(10-03-2014 11:54 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  'shimmyjimmy',

Here, below, is a link to a previous thread in which many of us pretty well sum of our thoughts on the historicity of the Jesus character from the bible, whether he existed or not, and what that would even mean if he did.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...-He-a-Myth

I had to like because link and new signature.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 2 users Like Logisch's post
10-03-2014, 11:56 PM
(10-03-2014 11:47 PM)Logisch Wrote:  Because a discussion of religion was brought up. Not to mention, a lot of us used to be religious.

I was responding in kind to someone who seemed to think that non-Christians can't talk about Jesus.

(10-03-2014 11:47 PM)Logisch Wrote:  Also, even if a jesus existed (for the sake of discussion), how would someone decide next that said person was actually the son of god? Many people have claimed to be such a fellow. Even if someone walked around (jesus) and was written about in a book, how does that make the story credible about that person being a figure of a deity? If someone wrote a book and made a religion about me, would that make me the son of god 2 thousand years later if people bought into said book?

Not the point.
10-03-2014, 11:57 PM
(10-03-2014 11:50 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(10-03-2014 11:05 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  So a man named Jesus existed a couple thousand years ago. So what?

Irrelevant!!

Now you're getting it!!!

[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post
10-03-2014, 11:57 PM
I do not reject the existence of Jesus. I reject the existence of Jesus Christ Messiah. I reject the existence of any gods and their illegitimate offspring. So sure their was some guy with a name who lived a long time ago and now that forgot and/or mistranslated his name so they call him Jesus. He was irrelevant. I do not reject his existence I reject the idea that his existence whether real or fabricated is relevant.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 3 users Like Losty's post
10-03-2014, 11:59 PM
(10-03-2014 11:56 PM)shimmyjimmy Wrote:  Not the point.

Irrelevant!!!

...that's how that is doneCool...

11-03-2014, 12:01 AM
(10-03-2014 11:59 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(10-03-2014 11:56 PM)shimmyjimmy Wrote:  Not the point.

Irrelevant!!!

This my new argument for everything!!

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
11-03-2014, 12:10 AM
(11-03-2014 12:01 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(10-03-2014 11:59 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  Irrelevant!!!

This my new argument for everything!!

Because it's all you got to say! Don't have to e'splain shit! Just make an assertion, and BAM, argument refuted, and in a supper sassy way, too.

No need to have points or reasons to back yo shit up. Just "irrelevant", and you're done. 'shimmyjimmy' taught me that.....I learned it from watching her.

[+] 3 users Like Raptor Jesus's post
11-03-2014, 01:50 AM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2014 02:04 AM by rampant.a.i..)
For those who reject the existence of Jesus...
(10-03-2014 11:56 PM)shimmyjimmy Wrote:  
(10-03-2014 11:47 PM)Logisch Wrote:  Because a discussion of religion was brought up. Not to mention, a lot of us used to be religious.

I was responding in kind to someone who seemed to think that non-Christians can't talk about Jesus.

Irrelevant!

Why post in a discussion forum if there's going to be no discussion? If you're going to refuse to participate other than the occasional "thumbs down" from the bleachers, this is better suited as a blog post, or a Facebook status update.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 2 users Like rampant.a.i.'s post
11-03-2014, 02:08 AM
(10-03-2014 10:33 PM)shimmyjimmy Wrote:  
(10-03-2014 12:53 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  You know,for someone claiming to be non-christian,you talk a lot about jesus

For someone claiming to be non-religious, you sure talk a lot about religion(s).

that makes two of you then
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user