For those who think God condones murder for his sadistic pleasure.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-07-2015, 06:09 AM
RE: For those who think God condones murder for his sadistic pleasure.
(21-07-2015 08:11 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(21-07-2015 08:02 PM)Chas Wrote:  What is it that makes 'ancient texts' believable? They are myths, not histories; ignorance, not knowledge.
For me personally. They verify everything that I already know. The fact that they are essentially the same with the same life lesson, people, places, and reassuring guidance says a little for its credibility too. The fact that many feel a real powerful connection with existence through the texts even though some has been lost in translation also speaks to there significance.

LOL

This is the first true post you've ever posted.....

You believe some half baked bullshit - then you grab a bible - find a few verses that agree with you -- and there you have it --- "PROOF"......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
22-07-2015, 06:57 AM
(21-07-2015 08:11 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  For me personally.[b] They verify everything that I already know.

The parts you cherry pick out might verify what you BELIEVE but cherry picking verses and ramped confirmation bias arn't thing to be proud of.

Congratulations on not actually responding to any of the questions goodwithoutgod presented you with.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
22-07-2015, 07:18 AM
(22-07-2015 06:09 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(21-07-2015 08:11 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  For me personally. They verify everything that I already know. The fact that they are essentially the same with the same life lesson, people, places, and reassuring guidance says a little for its credibility too. The fact that many feel a real powerful connection with existence through the texts even though some has been lost in translation also speaks to there significance.

LOL

You believe some half baked bullshit - then you grab a bible - find a few verses that agree with you -- and there you have it --- "PROOF"......

Yep, that's the basic template for all of Christianity, they all concoct their own personal religion and then pronounce how they figured it all out.

There's not just 40,000+ flavors of Christianity, there are exactly as many variants as there are Christians.
Christianity is a fucking ideological insane asylum, each believer can mumble to themselves in the corner of their individualized padded cells, constructed lovingly by themselves.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
22-07-2015, 08:21 AM
Bucky's axiom :

"When a book by ancient goatherders verifies everything you know, you know you're in deep trouble".

Big Grin

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
22-07-2015, 08:36 AM
When you lack a moral compass and confuse acceptance for rightious you know your in big trouble. Oh, wait, that's right, no moral compass, everything must be fine because I lack the ability to judge right from wrong.
22-07-2015, 08:38 AM
(22-07-2015 06:57 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(21-07-2015 08:11 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  For me personally.[b] They verify everything that I already know.

The parts you cherry pick out might verify what you BELIEVE but cherry picking verses and ramped confirmation bias arn't thing to be proud of.

Congratulations on not actually responding to any of the questions goodwithoutgod presented you with.
No cherry picking. And pride aimed towards self is misleading and wrong.

Thanks.
22-07-2015, 08:39 AM
(22-07-2015 06:09 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(21-07-2015 08:11 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  For me personally. They verify everything that I already know. The fact that they are essentially the same with the same life lesson, people, places, and reassuring guidance says a little for its credibility too. The fact that many feel a real powerful connection with existence through the texts even though some has been lost in translation also speaks to there significance.

LOL

Not just the bible. And all verses, not some.
22-07-2015, 08:48 AM (This post was last modified: 22-07-2015 09:10 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(22-07-2015 08:36 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  When you lack a moral compass and confuse acceptance for rightious you know your in big trouble. Oh, wait, that's right, no moral compass, everything must be fine because I lack the ability to judge right from wrong.

Thanks for judging people you don't even know. I see you really don't follow your Babble, Church Lady. Feeling superior is REALLY important. We all get that.
Pompous, presumptuous self righteous idiot.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
22-07-2015, 09:19 AM
(22-07-2015 08:48 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(22-07-2015 08:36 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  When you lack a moral compass and confuse acceptance for rightious you know your in big trouble. Oh, wait, that's right, no moral compass, everything must be fine because I lack the ability to judge right from wrong.

Thanks for judging people you don't even know. I see you really don't follow your Babble, Church Lady. Feeling superior is REALLY important. We all get that.
Pompous, presumptuous self righteous idiot.
What? Who did I judge? I just made a statement. If it hit home for you then maybe you should rethink your equations.
22-07-2015, 09:37 AM
(22-07-2015 09:19 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  What? Who did I judge? I just made a statement. If it hit home for you then maybe you should rethink your equations.

I think they were tying to point out you made a poor/erroneous statement/claim.

Seriously Pops. Toddle over to the 'Personal issues and support', give every one a quick run down of what's troubling yourself. Why your life sucks about now and folks will offer advice and help and stuff.

What you're posting every where else is pretty strange and disjointed.