For those who think God condones murder for his sadistic pleasure.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-07-2015, 02:58 PM
RE: For those who think God condones murder for his sadistic pleasure.
(22-07-2015 12:30 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(22-07-2015 12:16 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Easy. As stated the second coming has yet to happen. As far as your historians records. They were destroyed by the very individuals that crucified Christ. They attempted and pretty much succeeded in destroying any real record of Christ ever existing. Of course people of the same time wouldn't have spoken out in rebellion. They would have been put to death as well. Pretty simple stuff. As stated Christianity is off. These lies or mistranslations are the root problem with Christianity and the trinity. These misconceptions are the root cause of all holy wars and most religious division. It is a shame, and must be brought to light.

Ohhhh the argument of "the evidence was destroyed"...but of course, but some how you have come to know otherwise...Laugh out load

Oh I wholeheartedly agree that Christianity is off, as all religions are. But you see, the Christian faith is based on the story of jesus being real......and it isn't....all of the magical events were never witnessed and recorded AT THE TIME (oh wait....I forgot, they were all destroyed Facepalm ) The resurrection was never witnessed......sorry, an empty tomb does not a resurrection make...and IF you ever do some research into mythology, you will learn there is a pattern for hero god constructs, and one story borrows from the last, it becomes a cultural belief system of what is expected of a hero-god....rise from poverty, persecution, miracles, persecution, arises from dead...a pattern that was created thousands of years before Christ. soooo, applying critical thought, one would surmise when they nailed this dipshit lunatic to the cross, the lead salesman (paul) must have been scrambling to ensure the story matched the expectation or all would be lost....voila...empty tomb and "I saw him!".

You like ancient texts huh? Who wrote the Pentateuch? Smartass
I think it was Moses.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-07-2015, 03:09 PM
(22-07-2015 02:06 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Goodwithoutgod,
The resurrection was a spiritual event. Christ assended to unity with the Lord.

How do you counter the claim of the biblical authors that tried to say that the resurrection was a natural event? There was obviously multiple theories going on at the time of the writings.

After the resurrection, Jesus was able to eat (Luke 24:42-43). He showed people His hands and feet with the nail prints in them (Luke 24:39; John 20:27), and people even grabbed His feet and worshiped Him (Matt. 28:9). As the reports of Jesus' resurrection were spreading, Thomas, who was doubting the resurrection of Christ, said, "Unless I shall see in His hands the imprint of the nails, and put my finger into the place of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe." (John 20:25). Later, Jesus appeared to Thomas and said to him, "Reach here your finger, and see My hands; and reach here your hand, and put it into My side; and be not unbelieving, but believing." (John 20:27).

These are claims by authors issuing polemics against others arguing that the event WAS spiritual. For a believer to read that it was both, a physical and spiritual resurrection, is to completely take the stories, as written, out of context and create his own view with his current theology to make the bible a ventriloquist dummy. That's how you get it to line up with your own beliefs. Facepalm

Your own bible can't even decide on how Jesus rose (spiritually or naturally). Writings implicate both sides....another bible fail. Weeping

**Crickets** -- God
22-07-2015, 03:32 PM
Goodwithoutgod
The One witness you ask for would be all of the truely faithful. If that isn't what you were getting at then I would have to say Marry Magdalena.

What you don't seam to get in your critical thinking skills is that even though I have stated all along that Christianity, was terribly flawed, I have still been able to make plausible arguments for all of your questions. In reality any number of wholly upright individuals could have been seen as prophets. Furthermore they surely could have had devoted followers that were aware of the same reality that I speak of. Through these individuals physical deaths they would have no doubt assended to be one with existence as all the upright and straight shall do. These things could have been witnessed by those true to there Faith and the belief in all creation. All I say is that Christ was the most upright that there ever was. Did you have some other point that I missed or something? Just let me know if so. Thanks.
22-07-2015, 03:34 PM
By the way. I build things, that's what I do.
22-07-2015, 03:37 PM
You are rght about one thing; I haven't even looked for my shoes yet.
22-07-2015, 03:45 PM
(22-07-2015 03:34 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  By the way. I build things, that's what I do.

A big steaming pile of crap doesn't qualify as being "built" so much as excreted.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
22-07-2015, 03:59 PM
(22-07-2015 12:19 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Indeed much of the New Testament was written and translated by twisted hands that do evils work.
Having never read it how do you know? Also it's super convenient that all the parts that don't fit your delusion were twisted and all the parts that do fit are not twisted.

Confirmation bias fueled delusion.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
22-07-2015, 04:13 PM
(22-07-2015 03:59 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(22-07-2015 12:19 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Indeed much of the New Testament was written and translated by twisted hands that do evils work.
Having never read it how do you know? Also it's super convenient that all the parts that don't fit your delusion were twisted and all the parts that do fit are not twisted.

Confirmation bias fueled delusion.
Sir, I have told you specifically how I know. I have tried desperately, to explain the process to the best of my ability. I have pleaded that honesty with ones self and patience will no doubt provide the proof you so desperately desire. I am slowly making connections that you would perceive as real. All I can say is what I have said. It is reciprocal. All is but a vibration. We can change that pattern into whatever we want in the pure sake of good through harmony. Listen...patience.
22-07-2015, 04:23 PM
(22-07-2015 04:13 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  All is but a vibration.

Be sure the nurse knows where you are.
Almost time for pills.

Gasp

Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
22-07-2015, 04:26 PM (This post was last modified: 22-07-2015 04:35 PM by goodwithoutgod.)
(22-07-2015 02:58 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(22-07-2015 12:30 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Ohhhh the argument of "the evidence was destroyed"...but of course, but some how you have come to know otherwise...Laugh out load

Oh I wholeheartedly agree that Christianity is off, as all religions are. But you see, the Christian faith is based on the story of jesus being real......and it isn't....all of the magical events were never witnessed and recorded AT THE TIME (oh wait....I forgot, they were all destroyed Facepalm ) The resurrection was never witnessed......sorry, an empty tomb does not a resurrection make...and IF you ever do some research into mythology, you will learn there is a pattern for hero god constructs, and one story borrows from the last, it becomes a cultural belief system of what is expected of a hero-god....rise from poverty, persecution, miracles, persecution, arises from dead...a pattern that was created thousands of years before Christ. soooo, applying critical thought, one would surmise when they nailed this dipshit lunatic to the cross, the lead salesman (paul) must have been scrambling to ensure the story matched the expectation or all would be lost....voila...empty tomb and "I saw him!".

You like ancient texts huh? Who wrote the Pentateuch? Smartass
I think it was Moses.

Moses never existed, fact. A group of Judaen priests fabricated it 575-550 BCE based on older sumarian, Cretian, Babylonian and Greek myths.

(22-07-2015 03:32 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Goodwithoutgod
The One witness you ask for would be all of the truely faithful. If that isn't what you were getting at then I would have to say Marry Magdalena.

What you don't seam to get in your critical thinking skills is that even though I have stated all along that Christianity, was terribly flawed, I have still been able to make plausible arguments for all of your questions. In reality any number of wholly upright individuals could have been seen as prophets. Furthermore they surely could have had devoted followers that were aware of the same reality that I speak of. Through these individuals physical deaths they would have no doubt assended to be one with existence as all the upright and straight shall do. These things could have been witnessed by those true to there Faith and the belief in all creation. All I say is that Christ was the most upright that there ever was. Did you have some other point that I missed or something? Just let me know if so. Thanks.

mmmmm yes, and yet AGAIN, Christianity is based on the belief in jesus the Christ, no one who EVER wrote of jesus knew him, thus all hearsay and urban legend, further eviscerated by the complete lack of any contemporary or historical corroboration....this is called FICTION.

You haven't made a plausible argument yet, in fact, you haven't been able to counter one smidgeon of my assertions. What you THINK, BELIEVE, WISH WAS TRUE, HOPE etc isn't countering evidence. Do you get that? There have been many charismatic cultish leaders throughout time, you are right, and they wouldn't be leaders without followers.....validation of the epic level of gullibility in man. None of which validates jesus of Nazareth was a son of a fabricated god. You know of Christ because of the bible.....every mention of Christ in the bible was written down by someone not even alive before he died, or never met him, nor ever personally witnessed any of the alleged events...the synoptic gospels were written long after the deaths of their namesakes, by people not alive at the time of the events....all the magical events of the bible and jesus can, and have been historically disproven by either lack of ANY corroborating evidence, historical analysis, or simple application of common sense.

You have missed a lot of points actually, perhaps all. It IS called blind faith for a reason though...

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 3 users Like goodwithoutgod's post