For those who think God condones murder for his sadistic pleasure.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-07-2015, 06:00 AM
RE: For those who think God condones murder for his sadistic pleasure.
(22-07-2015 11:44 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(22-07-2015 11:26 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Damn, I just found this thread.

You forgot that god doesn't like children making fun of bald men either. Was god on his period or somethin? Geesh, god sure does get touchy sometimes.

2 Kings 2:23-24New International Version (NIV)

23 From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some boys came out of the town and jeered at him. “Get out of here, baldy!” they said. “Get out of here, baldy!” 24 He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the Lord. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys.
That is falsely placed in the Bible or wholly mis translated. God condones absolutely no witchcraft or conjuring or fortune telling.

In other posts you have described your god as some sort of a universal consciousness that sets paths, etc., and stated that your views of this god don't particularly align with the god of Christianity. The consciousness that you describe would not be the kind of being that "condones" things or makes rules, per se. So which is it, the gaia-style god or the angry dad-style god?

Please present your woo consistently. Constant moving of the goalposts is poor debate technique. Inconsistency also does nothing to win others to your point of view.

Of course, if you're just an angry dude who likes to pick fights on the internet because his real life isn't very satisfying, feel free to carry on as you have been.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like julep's post
24-07-2015, 07:09 AM
For those who think God condones murder for his sadistic pleasure.
Julep,

It is both. God isn't really angry at us I don't think. Our life lessons are just that. Separation of God and existence isn't possible or needed.
24-07-2015, 08:00 AM
(22-07-2015 11:44 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  That is falsely placed in the Bible or wholly mis translated. God condones absolutely no witchcraft or conjuring or fortune telling.

or omen reading .... ie "prophecy".

So then, anything that's "inconvenient" is *falsely placed or wholely mis-translated*.
Your capacity for dishonesty is astoundng.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
24-07-2015, 08:05 AM
(24-07-2015 08:00 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(22-07-2015 11:44 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  That is falsely placed in the Bible or wholly mis translated. God condones absolutely no witchcraft or conjuring or fortune telling.

or omen reading .... ie "prophecy".

So then, anything that's "inconvenient" is *falsely placed or wholely mis-translated*.
Not what I said at all. But, whatever.
24-07-2015, 11:43 AM
(24-07-2015 08:05 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(24-07-2015 08:00 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  or omen reading .... ie "prophecy".

Not what I said at all. But, whatever.

You were presented with aspects of God in your own view with demonstrably show him to be the opposite of what you present him to be and your repose was to say that they were falsely placed there or wholely mis-translated while providing no evidence for the claim, no reason to that that, no methodology for how you came to that conclusion.

You were presented with a refutation of your position and you dishonestly had waved it away without any counter evidence. So yes that is exactly what you did.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
24-07-2015, 12:51 PM
(24-07-2015 11:43 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(24-07-2015 08:05 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Not what I said at all. But, whatever.

You were presented with aspects of God in your own view with demonstrably show him to be the opposite of what you present him to be and your repose was to say that they were falsely placed there or wholely mis-translated while providing no evidence for the claim, no reason to that that, no methodology for how you came to that conclusion.

You were presented with a refutation of your position and you dishonestly had waved it away without any counter evidence. So yes that is exactly what you did.
Damnit, what in hell are you talking about. It says all through both Bibles and the Qur'an that any type of witchcraft is bad and although it may seem pure or good in some way that it is bad, or the work of the transgresser.
24-07-2015, 01:09 PM
(24-07-2015 12:51 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Damnit, what in hell are you talking about. It says all through both Bibles and the Qur'an that any type of witchcraft is bad and although it may seem pure or good in some way that it is bad, or the work of the transgresser.

Can you prove that miracles i.e. spells regarding witchcraft work? Can you produce one peer reviewed scientific study that has shown that a spell works and that the outcome of the spell can specifically be traced back to that spell?

I implore you to provide such evidence.

**Crickets** -- God
24-07-2015, 01:18 PM
Not miracles. Please, if nothing else, don't twist my words. I will try to give some sort of example. Give me some time, I am on the road.
24-07-2015, 01:38 PM
(24-07-2015 01:18 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Not miracles. Please, if nothing else, don't twist my words. I will try to give some sort of example. Give me some time, I am on the road.

I'm not trying to twist your words. I'm the one calling it a miracle. Perhaps I shouldn't though. A better definition of what I am trying to say is "provide an example of witchcraft in action to prove that hexes / spells / whatever one wants to call them, actually work in suspending the laws of nature." An example that has been reproduced with the same results by multiple tests.

**Crickets** -- God
24-07-2015, 10:54 PM
(24-07-2015 01:38 PM)Tonechaser77 Wrote:  
(24-07-2015 01:18 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Not miracles. Please, if nothing else, don't twist my words. I will try to give some sort of example. Give me some time, I am on the road.

I'm not trying to twist your words. I'm the one calling it a miracle. Perhaps I shouldn't though. A better definition of what I am trying to say is "provide an example of witchcraft in action to prove that hexes / spells / whatever one wants to call them, actually work in suspending the laws of nature." An example that has been reproduced with the same results by multiple tests.
Evidently, I made a mistake that I very rarely make in thinking I could depend on any individual. I will not be able to attain your proof.