For those who think God condones murder for his sadistic pleasure.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-07-2015, 06:53 AM
RE: For those who think God condones murder for his sadistic pleasure.
(21-07-2015 12:58 AM)DLJ Wrote:  As a semi-Jew, I can understand the original text of that passage which was written in Hebrewmaic.

It says: The god that comes after me will be the true god. Allah be his name. Peace be upon him. The answer is 42.

So long and thanks for all the fish

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like k37713's post
25-07-2015, 06:56 AM
(24-07-2015 10:54 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Evidently, I made a mistake that I very rarely make in thinking I could depend on any individual. I will not be able to attain your proof.

I think I figured it out.... Pops uses google translate to put his answers into japanese and back. That's why they often sound like they are skirting up against actually having meaning but don't cross the line into being comprehensible.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
25-07-2015, 07:05 AM
(25-07-2015 06:56 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(24-07-2015 10:54 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Evidently, I made a mistake that I very rarely make in thinking I could depend on any individual. I will not be able to attain your proof.

I think I figured it out.... Pops uses google translate to put his answers into japanese and back. That's why they often sound like they are skirting up against actually having meaning but don't cross the line into being comprehensible.

I comprehend that you have attained your intelligible foresight.

Yes

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
25-07-2015, 11:57 AM
[Image: quote-i-refuse-to-prove-that-i-exist-say...299838.jpg]

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 5 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
26-07-2015, 08:12 AM (This post was last modified: 26-07-2015 08:15 AM by Free.)
(21-07-2015 09:50 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Our fate has been left to us. All evil is a direct result of human thought and action. It is up to us to realize this and act on it.

"Evil" does not exist. Nor does "Good."

There is only right and wrong; correctness and error. All of that stems from our innate desire to "do no harm," or the Ethic of Reciprocity/Golden Rule of "Do not do to others that which you would not want to have done to yourself."

The Golden Rule is the result of our innate compulsion to avoid pain. We would do no harm to others because we know that it is painful to them, and we can innately relate to that.

Some people will ignore this Golden Rule, not because they are evil, but because they have allowed other desires to control and suppress the innate Golden Rule. Whether it be some delusion with religion such as many Muslims and Christians have, or greed, or even an overwhelming desire for self preservation, there are many who will suppress the Golden Rule for numerous reasons.

This does not make them evil, although the term "evil" is firmly entrenched in our lexicon due to religion. As an atheist I find- and perhaps other atheists also find- that the word "evil" implies some kind of satanic presence at work, of which none of us have any beliefs.

What you perceive as "evil" is nothing more then a combination of various elements at work which include religion, greed, mental instability, and many other insatiable human desires.

We are the human race; an imperfect error prone species striving to either improve ourselves, or work towards our self destruction.

Either way, it's not a matter of good or evil.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
26-07-2015, 08:18 AM
Right and wrong equates to
Good and evil.

Same things
26-07-2015, 08:21 AM
(26-07-2015 08:18 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Right and wrong equates to
Good and evil.

Same things

According to your religious beliefs, of course it does.

But we are atheists, with no religious beliefs.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
26-07-2015, 08:27 AM
Pops also already admitted he was wrong when he said "all evil". He hemmed and hawed and dodged, then admitted it.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
26-07-2015, 08:34 AM
(26-07-2015 08:21 AM)Free Wrote:  
(26-07-2015 08:18 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Right and wrong equates to
Good and evil.

Same things

According to your religious beliefs, of course it does.

But we are atheists, with no religious beliefs.
Well, in that case, simply adhere to your knowledge of right and wrong. Everything else will fall in it's place.

Good luck, sincerely
26-07-2015, 08:34 AM
(26-07-2015 08:27 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Pops also already admitted he was wrong when he said "all evil". He hemmed and hawed and dodged, then admitted it.
I'm sorry, what?