For those who think God condones murder for his sadistic pleasure.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-07-2015, 08:35 AM
RE: For those who think God condones murder for his sadistic pleasure.
What if I did make some error. Did I conclude that it was an error that I made. If so , that in itself is work towards right.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-07-2015, 08:53 AM
(26-07-2015 08:35 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  What if I did make some error. Did I conclude that it was an error that I made. If so , that in itself is work towards right.

Indeed Pops, if you learn by/from your mistakes.
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
26-07-2015, 09:20 AM (This post was last modified: 26-07-2015 09:28 AM by Free.)
(26-07-2015 08:35 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  What if I did make some error. Did I conclude that it was an error that I made. If so , that in itself is work towards right.

It is important to recognize error in our lives, just as it is important to question everything with an open mind and honest skepticism.

Personal honesty is extremely important to the development towards ascertaining a greater truth. Many people become so inwardly convinced of their beliefs that they simply refuse to see past them. A good example of that is Islamic extremism running rampant on the earth today, and the Christian crusades of history.

I have chosen not to believe for many reasons, but the most paramount reason is that history demonstrates how destructive religious beliefs can actually be. I have chosen to be a human being, in touch with reality, and aspiring towards the betterment of humankind.

If God existed, such an entity would never judge anyone based upon their beliefs, for such a God would know that mankind has distorted truth through religious practices insomuch as to make any truth about such a God as being suspect at the least, and ridiculous at best.

No, if God existed he will not judge anyone according to what they believe, but rather he would judge according to the conduct of our lives. An atheist who does no harm would stand brightly in the eyes of such a god, whereas a theist who hates, and does harm to others in the name of their religion would be shunned by such a god.

The Gospel records a scene in which Jesus was being questioned by the dominant Pharisee sect. They came to him and asked:

Mat 22:36 Master, which is the great commandment in the Law?
Mat 22:37 - 38: Jesus said to him, You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the first and great commandment.

Mat 22:39 But the 2nd law is just like the 1st, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself. (Golden Rule.)

Mat 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.

Notice Mat 22:40. It tells you that every law written in the bible, and every word uttered by the supposed prophets can be honored by simply honoring the Golden Rule.

You see, if you "do no harm" to others, you will not lie, murder, steal, covet, etc because those are all harmful to others. By simply honoring the Golden Rule, you will not need to have any kind of religious beliefs whatsoever, for they do not matter.

And that is why, if God were to exist, he would not judge you based upon anything you believe in, but rather only upon the conduct of your life.

From an atheistic point of view.

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
[+] 1 user Likes Free's post
26-07-2015, 02:06 PM
(24-07-2015 12:51 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(24-07-2015 11:43 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  You were presented with aspects of God in your own view with demonstrably show him to be the opposite of what you present him to be and your repose was to say that they were falsely placed there or wholely mis-translated while providing no evidence for the claim, no reason to that that, no methodology for how you came to that conclusion.

You were presented with a refutation of your position and you dishonestly had waved it away without any counter evidence. So yes that is exactly what you did.
Damnit, what in hell are you talking about. It says all through both Bibles and the Qur'an that any type of witchcraft is bad and although it may seem pure or good in some way that it is bad, or the work of the transgresser.
The first sentence should end with a question mark being a question and all, there is only one Bible not two, and witchcraft is not a real thing.

You know cocaine ain't unicorn dust right? You need to stop snorting it before you go on the internet.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
26-07-2015, 02:09 PM
(26-07-2015 08:18 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Right and wrong equates to
Good and evil.

Same things

Well that's just wrong. There are plenty of actions a person can take that are a good thing to do, but may not be the right choice in a given situation.

You have a world view about as complex and nuanced as that of a 4 year old.

26-07-2015, 02:11 PM

Right but that also means that you don't know as fact the things you say you do. You have belief and that your belief can be flawed and be changed IS a good thing so don't take that as an attack.

[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
26-07-2015, 03:04 PM
(26-07-2015 02:11 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  

Right but that also means that you don't know as fact the things you say you do. You have belief and that your belief can be flawed and be changed IS a good thing so don't take that as an attack.
I agree that only my very core beliefs are pure Faith and truth for sure. All prices come together rather rapidly at times. Some small piece may get put in the wrong spot temporarily. It is paramount that we observe all input. The puzzle isn't finished by any means.

Thank you Sir.
26-07-2015, 03:31 PM
(26-07-2015 03:04 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I agree that only my very core beliefs are pure Faith and truth for sure.

pure faith and truth are not synonyms

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
26-07-2015, 03:50 PM
I googled true Faith definition. I read three paragraphs and copied it because I have Faith. Please keep an opened mind.
Thanks.
26-07-2015, 03:53 PM
True Faith
What God Says!
BY DAVID C. PACK
Do you have real faith? Is it sufficient for salvation? Can you know?
Why are most people trapped by fears and worries? Because they lack faith! But what is faith? Is it positive thinking? A certain feeling? One’s church affiliation? Is it confidence? Or hope? Or the simple belief that Jesus died for your sins?

Or is faith something far more?

The Bible states that “without faith it is impossible to please [God]” (Heb. 11:6). This is an incredible statement, yet it is in the Bible! Take it for exactly what it says. Just think! Anything a person does, in attempting to be Christian, means absolutely nothing, if he lacks faith. For without faith, he has no hope—no possibility—of pleasing God. Any who are not pleasing God are Christians in vain. So having real faith is serious!

When speaking of our time—the last generation before His Return—Jesus asked, “When the Son of Man comes, shall He find faith on the earth?” (Luke 18:8). Think of the incredible implications of this question! Is it possible that true faith could be completely gone from Earth at Christ’s Second Coming? Jesus was able to look forward, into our time, and know that conditions would exist allowing this to be true—almost!

Jesus said He would build His Church and He promised it would never be destroyed. His Church—God’s Church—is where people do have faith according to the Bible definition. Therefore, the presence of God’s people on Earth will ensure that at least a few people will be found to have faith when Christ returns.

Real faith comes from the Spirit of God. It is a fruit of the Holy Spirit. “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law” (Gal. 5:22-23). No one can have faith or even be a true Christian without God’s Spirit.

Here is God’s definition of faith: “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen” (Heb. 11:1). Did you notice that faith involves “evidence” of things “not seen”? The marginal rendering of “substance” is “assurance.” Faith involves an assurance “of things hoped for.” But, if something is hoped for, that something has not yet been received. Therefore, where faith is involved, there is an assurance that it will be received!

Consider this verse: “For we walk by faith, NOT by sight” (II Cor. 5:7). Practicing true faith means learning to disregard what you see. Literally, sight does not count in relation to what God has promised to do or when He will do it. This verse reveals that Christians do not walk by what they see!

What about you? Do you lack faith to know that God is with you? To overcome sin and guilt? To be healed of disease? To believe all things in His Word? To know that “all things [will] work together for good” (Rom. 8:28) if you are serving God? To believe God will work out injustices you suffer? To believe God will provide for you? To believe that you can endure severe trials and persecution? Or that God will deliver you from them? Do you lack faith to see the soon-coming kingdom of God more clearly and that you can be in it?

The Bible says that you need not lack faith in any of these! You can develop real faith!