For those who think God condones murder for his sadistic pleasure.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-07-2015, 04:01 PM
RE: For those who think God condones murder for his sadistic pleasure.
(26-07-2015 03:50 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I googled true Faith definition. I read three paragraphs and copied it because I have Faith. Please keep an opened mind.
Thanks.

There's an old aphorism about keeping an open mind but not so open that your brains fall out. Faith is what you need when you don't have any evidence or when you refuse to accept evidence. It is not knowledge. It is not truth. It is a security blanket. It deserves mockery and contempt.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
26-07-2015, 04:03 PM
(26-07-2015 08:34 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(26-07-2015 08:21 AM)Free Wrote:  According to your religious beliefs, of course it does.

But we are atheists, with no religious beliefs.
Well, in that case, simply adhere to your knowledge of right and wrong. Everything else will fall in it's place.

Good luck, sincerely

Been doing it for most of my 53 years on this planet. Never steered me wrong yet and everything has just fallen in place. I feel sorry for you that you need some external validation to reinforce your bullshit quixotic attempt to survive your own death.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
26-07-2015, 04:20 PM
(26-07-2015 04:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(26-07-2015 08:34 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Well, in that case, simply adhere to your knowledge of right and wrong. Everything else will fall in it's place.

Good luck, sincerely

Been doing it for most of my 53 years on this planet. Never steered me wrong yet and everything has just fallen in place. I feel sorry for you that you need some external validation to reinforce your bullshit quixotic attempt to survive your own death.
I feel sorry for you as well for your misunderstanding. You are well. Do a little research maybe. Unbiased research. Thank you. Good luck.
26-07-2015, 04:21 PM
Oh yeah, everything has fallen into place because you are naturally more good. Faith would blow your fn mind.
26-07-2015, 04:32 PM
(26-07-2015 04:21 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Oh yeah, everything has fallen into place because you are naturally more good. Faith would blow your fn mind.

Only because the religious fuckwit next to me detonated his vest.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 6 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
26-07-2015, 04:46 PM
(26-07-2015 04:32 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(26-07-2015 04:21 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Oh yeah, everything has fallen into place because you are naturally more good. Faith would blow your fn mind.

Only because the religious fuckwit next to me detonated his vest.
Yeah, many are quite confused. Trust me, there is effort being made there as well.
26-07-2015, 05:26 PM
(26-07-2015 04:46 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(26-07-2015 04:32 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Only because the religious fuckwit next to me detonated his vest.
Yeah, many are quite confused. Trust me, there is effort being made there as well.

Oh, they are the confused ones! I see.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
26-07-2015, 06:43 PM
(26-07-2015 05:26 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(26-07-2015 04:46 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Yeah, many are quite confused. Trust me, there is effort being made there as well.

Oh, they are the confused ones! I see.
Are you saying they aren't? Or are you somehow saying I am confused. If I was I wouldn't have a real connection with God.
26-07-2015, 08:10 PM (This post was last modified: 26-07-2015 09:21 PM by Free.)
(26-07-2015 06:43 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Are you saying they aren't? Or are you somehow saying I am confused. If I was I wouldn't have a real connection with God.

Please understand ...

You make this claim that you have a real connection with your god, yet do not demonstrate it as being factual. Since you cannot demonstrate it as being factual- and atheists do not believe in anything supernatural- we are left with no other options other than the following:

1. You are confused due to intense religious indoctrination.

2. You are being dishonest wholesale.

To we atheists, there are no other options. All claims you make in regards to a supernatural god will be completely rejected based upon the following criteria:

1. No direct evidence.

2. Circumstantial evidence you provide is subjective, greatly disputable, and therefore dismissed as evidence to support the existence of your god.

Let me demonstrate to you something that is obvious to us. Here's a hypothetical scenario:

1450 years ago Muhammad went into a cave and some time later he came out of that cave with some poetry which he claimed was given to him by the angel Gabriel who got it from a god called Allah. This poetry became known as the first verse of the Qu'ran.

Today we have 2 billion Muslims claiming Allah is God. We have 2.4 billion Christians claiming the Father/Jehovah/Yahweh are God. We have over 1 billion Indians claiming various entities to be God. We literally have hundreds of thousands of people with different beliefs than yours who all claim they have this incredible "true faith" that somehow proves the existence of their god.

But not once, not one of you has ever provided a single stitch of direct evidence, nor a single stitch of indisputable circumstantial evidence to support your claims. Not once, in thousands of years of history.

Please understand that out of billions and billions of believers of various religions throughout history, not one of you has ever provided conclusive evidence or conclusive circumstantial evidence to support your claims.

That is a 100% failure rate for 100% of the billions of claims.

Therefore do not expect atheists- who are fully justified to be faithless due to your 100% failure rate- to ever accept your claims as either being nothing more than the ravings of yet another delusional and heavily indoctrinated religionist, or they are bold faced lies.

In pure logic and reasoning, we use something called "Evidence of Absence." Evidence of absence is evidence of any kind that suggests something is missing or that it does not exist.

In some circumstances it can be safely assumed that if a certain event had occurred, evidence of it could be discovered by qualified investigators. In such circumstances it is perfectly reasonable to take the absence of proof of its occurrence as positive proof of its non-occurrence or non-existence.

And since billions and billions of believers in various gods have all failed to provide any kind of real evidence whatsoever to support their claims, we take this evidence of the absence of evidence as being positive factual evidence that god does not exist.

In short, we atheists consider that- since you billions of religionists have a 100% failure rate to produce any evidence- it is factual PROOF that your god does not exist, and we are demonstrating intellectual honesty with our position, unlike religionists.

To me, how you can still believe in something that has been proven billions of times to have a 100% failure rate is quite simply ... astounding. Does it really require billions of failures to prove that something doesn't work?

Respectfully ...

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
[+] 1 user Likes Free's post
26-07-2015, 08:11 PM
(26-07-2015 03:04 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(26-07-2015 02:11 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Right but that also means that you don't know as fact the things you say you do. You have belief and that your belief can be flawed and be changed IS a good thing so don't take that as an attack.
I agree that only my very core beliefs are pure Faith and truth for sure. All prices come together rather rapidly at times. Some small piece may get put in the wrong spot temporarily. It is paramount that we observe all input. The puzzle isn't finished by any means.

Thank you Sir.
You can't agree with things I don't say. I never once said or implied that your beliefs were true in the slightest. They are silly little delusions. The point I was making pops is that you talk about knowing things as "fact" despite about 80% of the time they are demonstrably false.

I'm not agreeing with you that your beliefs are anything more than irrationally held delusions of grandeur (which I don't even feel right saying considered the object of your delusions is so pathetic). Faith is a cancer, the sooner you cut it out and start thinking rationally then maybe we might have soemthing to agree with.

Don't try and put words in my mouth pops.

Oh and the rest of what your wrote is just gibberish word salad.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.