For those who think God condones murder for his sadistic pleasure.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-07-2015, 08:17 PM
RE: For those who think God condones murder for his sadistic pleasure.
(26-07-2015 03:53 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  True Faith
What God Says!
BY DAVID C. PACK
Do you have real faith? Is it sufficient for salvation? Can you know?
Why are most people trapped by fears and worries? Because they lack faith! But what is faith? Is it positive thinking? A certain feeling? One’s church affiliation? Is it confidence? Or hope? Or the simple belief that Jesus died for your sins?

Or is faith something far more?

The Bible states that “without faith it is impossible to please [God]” (Heb. 11:6). This is an incredible statement, yet it is in the Bible! Take it for exactly what it says. Just think! Anything a person does, in attempting to be Christian, means absolutely nothing, if he lacks faith. For without faith, he has no hope—no possibility—of pleasing God. Any who are not pleasing God are Christians in vain. So having real faith is serious!

When speaking of our time—the last generation before His Return—Jesus asked, “When the Son of Man comes, shall He find faith on the earth?” (Luke 18:8). Think of the incredible implications of this question! Is it possible that true faith could be completely gone from Earth at Christ’s Second Coming? Jesus was able to look forward, into our time, and know that conditions would exist allowing this to be true—almost!

Jesus said He would build His Church and He promised it would never be destroyed. His Church—God’s Church—is where people do have faith according to the Bible definition. Therefore, the presence of God’s people on Earth will ensure that at least a few people will be found to have faith when Christ returns.

Real faith comes from the Spirit of God. It is a fruit of the Holy Spirit. “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law” (Gal. 5:22-23). No one can have faith or even be a true Christian without God’s Spirit.

Here is God’s definition of faith: “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen” (Heb. 11:1). Did you notice that faith involves “evidence” of things “not seen”? The marginal rendering of “substance” is “assurance.” Faith involves an assurance “of things hoped for.” But, if something is hoped for, that something has not yet been received. Therefore, where faith is involved, there is an assurance that it will be received!

Consider this verse: “For we walk by faith, NOT by sight” (II Cor. 5:7). Practicing true faith means learning to disregard what you see. Literally, sight does not count in relation to what God has promised to do or when He will do it. This verse reveals that Christians do not walk by what they see!

What about you? Do you lack faith to know that God is with you? To overcome sin and guilt? To be healed of disease? To believe all things in His Word? To know that “all things [will] work together for good” (Rom. 8:28) if you are serving God? To believe God will work out injustices you suffer? To believe God will provide for you? To believe that you can endure severe trials and persecution? Or that God will deliver you from them? Do you lack faith to see the soon-coming kingdom of God more clearly and that you can be in it?

The Bible says that you need not lack faith in any of these! You can develop real faith!

That's not a definition, the source is not a recognized dictionary, you don't get to invent your own definitions, stop being an ass pops we know you understand our problem with your behavior in this regard.

In no recognized dictionary is faith or "true faith" synonymous with truth or fact. If you can't play by the rules of English then you need to leave discussions and debates in English to the people who aren't going to dishonestly invent whatever words they need to make their nonsense sound like anything other then the nonsense it is.

How do expect to unite people together when every time you talk to them you just invest whatever definitions are convenient for you which is both dishonest and shown your lack of education?

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-07-2015, 08:19 PM
(26-07-2015 04:20 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(26-07-2015 04:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Been doing it for most of my 53 years on this planet. Never steered me wrong yet and everything has just fallen in place. I feel sorry for you that you need some external validation to reinforce your bullshit quixotic attempt to survive your own death.
I feel sorry for you as well for your misunderstanding. You are well. Do a little research maybe. Unbiased research. Thank you. Good luck.

He's forgotten more on this subject then you will ever ACTUALLY know. Not made up know, actual know.

26-07-2015, 08:22 PM
(26-07-2015 06:43 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(26-07-2015 05:26 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Oh, they are the confused ones! I see.
Are you saying they aren't? Or are you somehow saying I am confused. If I was I wouldn't have a real connection with God.

You are very confused, not just with reality (as your next sentence proves) but also with English, sanity, literature, definitions, science, what constitutes knowledge, honesty in general, intellectual honesty, among many more. Some you are confused with other you are just outright divorced from.

You are in need of a doctor.

[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
26-07-2015, 08:49 PM
What God Says!
BY DAVID C. PACK

LOL. And he thinks he gets to make a buck telling us what god says. I guess there's a sucker born every minute.

(26-07-2015 03:53 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  When speaking of our time—the last generation before His Return—Jesus asked, “When the Son of Man comes, shall He find faith on the earth?” (Luke 18:8). Think of the incredible implications of this question! Is it possible that true faith could be completely gone from Earth at Christ’s Second Coming? Jesus was able to look forward, into our time, and know that conditions would exist allowing this to be true—almost!

But he couldn't see correctly enough to know that "this generation shall not pass away ... bla bla bla. His tin foil hat was almost as bad as yours.

(26-07-2015 03:53 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Here is God’s definition of faith: “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen” (Heb. 11:1). Did you notice that faith involves “evidence” of things “not seen”? The marginal rendering of “substance” is “assurance.” Faith involves an assurance “of things hoped for.” But, if something is hoped for, that something has not yet been received. Therefore, where faith is involved, there is an assurance that it will be received!

You're good at connecting all those pious dots, pops, but it's not god's definition. A HUMAN cooked that shit up, and you are gullible enough to try to re-sell it.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
26-07-2015, 09:44 PM
(26-07-2015 08:49 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
What God Says!
BY DAVID C. PACK

LOL. And he thinks he gets to make a buck telling us what god says. I guess there's a sucker born every minute.

(26-07-2015 03:53 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  When speaking of our time—the last generation before His Return—Jesus asked, “When the Son of Man comes, shall He find faith on the earth?” (Luke 18:8). Think of the incredible implications of this question! Is it possible that true faith could be completely gone from Earth at Christ’s Second Coming? Jesus was able to look forward, into our time, and know that conditions would exist allowing this to be true—almost!

But he couldn't see correctly enough to know that "this generation shall not pass away ... bla bla bla. His tin foil hat was almost as bad as yours.

(26-07-2015 03:53 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Here is God’s definition of faith: “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen” (Heb. 11:1). Did you notice that faith involves “evidence” of things “not seen”? The marginal rendering of “substance” is “assurance.” Faith involves an assurance “of things hoped for.” But, if something is hoped for, that something has not yet been received. Therefore, where faith is involved, there is an assurance that it will be received!

You're good at connecting all those pious dots, pops, but it's not god's definition. A HUMAN cooked that shit up, and you are gullible enough to try to re-sell it.
Do existence a favor please for God's sake.

Mans word is bent.

It is but part of our nature.

Look up duality in its entirety.

Look up crucifixion. Through Google and Wikipedia. The first depiction is ancient. It depicts the very prophesy that I was shown...today! Examine it closely. Now read the section on ancient Rome under the same definition. Not only are many lives at stake, but existence itself. I know I sound nuts. I don't ask you to believe anything I say. But I sincerely ask that you do real research with an opened positive mind. Thank you, I'm sorry for being so preachy.
26-07-2015, 10:08 PM
[Image: FB_IMG_1437885889581_zpsvujfxigk.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
26-07-2015, 11:08 PM
(26-07-2015 09:44 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(26-07-2015 08:49 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  LOL. And he thinks he gets to make a buck telling us what god says. I guess there's a sucker born every minute.

Do existence a favor please for God's sake.

Mans word is bent.

Look up crucifixion. Through Google and Wikipedia. The first depiction is ancient. It depicts the very prophesy that I was shown...today! Examine it closely. Now read the section on ancient Rome under the same definition. Not only are many lives at stake, but existence itself. I know I sound nuts. I don't ask you to believe anything I say. But I sincerely ask that you do real research with an opened positive mind. Thank you, I'm sorry for being so preachy.
Do you not know why definitions are important or do you just not care?

[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
26-07-2015, 11:32 PM
(26-07-2015 11:08 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(26-07-2015 09:44 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Do existence a favor please for God's sake.

Mans word is bent.

Do you not know why definitions are important or do you just not care?
What is it Sir?
27-07-2015, 06:26 AM
(26-07-2015 09:44 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Do existence a favor please for God's sake.

Mans word is bent.

Look up crucifixion.

If I opened my mind as far as you ask, my brain would fall out.

You have an interesting case of something. Not being a psychiatrist, I'm not sure what it's called. But associating random unconnected concepts must have a name in psychiatry.

Get help pops.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
27-07-2015, 06:44 AM
(27-07-2015 06:26 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

Mans word is bent.

Look up crucifixion.

If I opened my mind as far as you ask, my brain would fall out.

You have an interesting case of something. Not being a psychiatrist, I'm not sure what it's called. But associating random unconnected concepts must have a name in psychiatry.

Get help pops.
Remove the selfish, misleading self corruption and you have an opposing form of psychopathy.

It is but a different view. I know that you know that I am not stupid. Or technically mentally ill. As either of those assumptions would need to backed by an inability to sustain an at least neutral productive life technically within society.