For those who think God condones murder for his sadistic pleasure.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-07-2015, 01:19 PM
RE: For those who think God condones murder for his sadistic pleasure.
(27-07-2015 01:09 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(27-07-2015 12:58 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Back to the same Bs I see. I'd science can't explain the unseen then how will you grasp the truth with science.

Do you understand the hypothesis of quantization or duality, or infinity or one consciousness. If you can grasp any of these concepts then you can grasp mine.

Oh yeah I meant imperialic, as in imperialism root word imp.

Unfogged is absolutely right, if you're going to make wild-assed asertions, you need some sort of proof, otherwise all you've done is create a kooky theory with zero evidence.

I think an omnipotent teapot is orbiting Neptune that speaks directly to the invisible homunculus that lives in my pocket. His wisdom is so profound, you could never understand it, but know this - he says you are a false prophet!

Now prove me wrong......
All I'm trying to convey is that based on unbiased science all evidence points to the very big possibility that a creative force is at hand.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-07-2015, 01:30 PM
(27-07-2015 01:19 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(27-07-2015 01:09 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Unfogged is absolutely right, if you're going to make wild-assed asertions, you need some sort of proof, otherwise all you've done is create a kooky theory with zero evidence.

I think an omnipotent teapot is orbiting Neptune that speaks directly to the invisible homunculus that lives in my pocket. His wisdom is so profound, you could never understand it, but know this - he says you are a false prophet!

Now prove me wrong......
All I'm trying to convey is that based on unbiased science all evidence points to the very big possibility that a creative force is at hand.

You do understand that, even if there is proof of a "creative force", that tells us absolutely nothing about it. Is there any proof that this creative force is currently existing and didn't destroy itself in the big bang?
How would you prove that?

Is there any proof that it is at all aware of humans and is going to have an effect on our lives in any way?
How would you prove that?

How do you go about proving any assertion about a god(s) characteristics?

If you can't prove some sort of useful information about a deity, than what use is it's existence?

Without this information, with evidence, it's a functionally useless concept. Your god is dead.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
27-07-2015, 01:37 PM
(27-07-2015 12:58 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(27-07-2015 12:44 PM)unfogged Wrote:  How about if they are monarchalicly reuted? Although I think imperialicly may be my new favorite non-word.

Free clue pops, it isn't up to us to disprove your ramblings. It is up to you to supply proof that anything you claim is more than mere delusion. So far you have failed miserably.
Back to the same Bs I see. I'd science can't explain the unseen then how will you grasp the truth with science.

But science does explain that which cannot be seen or detected; we call it "non-existence." Until proven otherwise, that which cannot be seen nor detected in the natural world does not exist.

And that is why the burden of proof is always upon the person who makes the positive claim of existence. It is never upon those who refute the claim of existence because of a lack of evidence.

Quote:Do you understand the hypothesis of quantization or duality, or infinity or one consciousness. If you can grasp any of these concepts then you can grasp mine.

We do understand those concepts, but you to need to acknowledge that those are concepts that require actual evidence for support, or at least some kind of demonstrable reasoning as circumstantial evidence.

Anybody can claim anything they want to claim, but all claims are meaningless unless substantiated with at least some kind of evidence.

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
27-07-2015, 01:47 PM
(27-07-2015 01:37 PM)Free Wrote:  
(27-07-2015 12:58 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Back to the same Bs I see. I'd science can't explain the unseen then how will you grasp the truth with science.

But science does explain that which cannot be seen or detected; we call it "non-existence." Until proven otherwise, that which cannot be seen nor detected in the natural world does not exist.

And that is why the burden of proof is always upon the person who makes the positive claim of existence. It is never upon those who refute the claim of existence because of a lack of evidence.

Quote:Do you understand the hypothesis of quantization or duality, or infinity or one consciousness. If you can grasp any of these concepts then you can grasp mine.

We do understand those concepts, but you to need to acknowledge that those are concepts that require actual evidence for support, or at least some kind of demonstrable reasoning as circumstantial evidence.

Anybody can claim anything they want to claim, but all claims are meaningless unless substantiated with at least some kind of evidence.
The three things I listed are considered solid scientific theory. They all show that creation is or was possible.
Thank you for your demeanor.
27-07-2015, 01:48 PM
(27-07-2015 01:19 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  All I'm trying to convey is that based on unbiased science all evidence points to the very big possibility that a creative force is at hand.

That's the problem right there.

You conclude that all evidence points to a creative force such as God when the very evidence you are using also can indicate other more plausible explanations.

Why choose the most implausible answer while ignoring the far more plausible answers such as evolution?

You have chosen a position of faith verses real science. You conclude "It must be God" without actually studying the other far more plausible answers, which incidentally do indeed have tons of evidence to support them.

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
[+] 1 user Likes Free's post
27-07-2015, 01:56 PM
(27-07-2015 01:48 PM)Free Wrote:  
(27-07-2015 01:19 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  All I'm trying to convey is that based on unbiased science all evidence points to the very big possibility that a creative force is at hand.

That's the problem right there.

You conclude that all evidence points to a creative force such as God when the very evidence you are using also can indicate other more plausible explanations.

Why choose the most implausible answer while ignoring the far more plausible answers such as evolution?

You have chosen a position of faith verses real science. You conclude "It must be God" without actually studying the other far more plausible answers, which incidentally do indeed have tons of evidence to support them.
Evolution is the betterment of existence through trial, or experience, time, and environment. How does existence not fit into evolution?
27-07-2015, 01:57 PM

If it is real then it is testable and provable. If it can't be examined in any way then whether or not it exists in any sense of the term does not matter.

Yes, those are all concepts I have thought about. They are all interesting and a couple are quite useful in explaining what we see to be true. The crap you are spewing, on the other hand, is either wrong or so vacuous that it isn't even wrong.

Quote:Oh yeah I meant imperialic, as in imperialism root word imp.

Nice try, but imperialic is not a word either and what makes you think the root of imperialism is imp?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
27-07-2015, 02:30 PM
(27-07-2015 01:57 PM)unfogged Wrote:  

If it is real then it is testable and provable. If it can't be examined in any way then whether or not it exists in any sense of the term does not matter.

Yes, those are all concepts I have thought about. They are all interesting and a couple are quite useful in explaining what we see to be true. The crap you are spewing, on the other hand, is either wrong or so vacuous that it isn't even wrong.

Quote:Oh yeah I meant imperialic, as in imperialism root word imp.

Nice try, but imperialic is not a word either and what makes you think the root of imperialism is imp?
Impian means neutered. Like science is of no real power. Also has to do with Rome.

Just thinkin. Thanks.
27-07-2015, 03:36 PM
(27-07-2015 02:30 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Impian means neutered. Like science is of no real power. Also has to do with Rome.

WTAF. We have a thread for random, unconnected thoughts. Even there, this would be a standout. Stream of consciousness is one thing, stream of unconsciousness is another.

Quote:Just thinkin. Thanks.

I wish you would. Just once. You might like it if you tried it.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
27-07-2015, 05:14 PM
(27-07-2015 02:30 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(27-07-2015 01:57 PM)unfogged Wrote:  If it is real then it is testable and provable. If it can't be examined in any way then whether or not it exists in any sense of the term does not matter.

Impian means neutered. Like science is of no real power. Also has to do with Rome.

Just thinkin. Thanks.

In what language does impian mean neutered? Can you provide a link to your definition?
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post