For those who think God condones murder for his sadistic pleasure.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-07-2015, 05:24 PM
RE: For those who think God condones murder for his sadistic pleasure.
Impian....

Now you are making up words?

Seriously poopy - what drugs are you taking?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-07-2015, 05:33 PM (This post was last modified: 27-07-2015 05:36 PM by Chas.)
(27-07-2015 01:19 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(27-07-2015 01:09 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Unfogged is absolutely right, if you're going to make wild-assed asertions, you need some sort of proof, otherwise all you've done is create a kooky theory with zero evidence.

I think an omnipotent teapot is orbiting Neptune that speaks directly to the invisible homunculus that lives in my pocket. His wisdom is so profound, you could never understand it, but know this - he says you are a false prophet!

Now prove me wrong......
All I'm trying to convey is that based on unbiased science all evidence points to the very big possibility that a creative force is at hand.

No, science points to no such thing. Science is based on evidence - there is no evidence of a creative force other than biological evolution.
And it is not really a force - it is an algorithm.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-07-2015, 06:11 PM
(27-07-2015 05:24 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Impian....

Now you are making up words?

Seriously poopy - what drugs are you taking?

It's a Malaysian word, and it means "dream."

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
27-07-2015, 07:00 PM (This post was last modified: 27-07-2015 09:29 PM by Free.)
Pops,

After reviewing this thread and the other thread you created, I have arrived at an assessment of your state of mind.

It would appear to me, according to many of your statements, that you are unhappy. At some point in your past you became depressed and disenchanted with life in general, perhaps due to one too many misfortunes in life.

This unhappiness would have compelled you to seek out "hope" as a mechanism of self preservation, and you turned to religion in an effort to find hope. You began to look for ways to confirm that you had found hope within your faith, and convinced that you found it, you began to reinforce it by seeing things in a way that would be compatible with your religion, and therefore maintain your hope.

Your beliefs bring comfort to you, and this comfort is something you are trying to share with us. You feel a very strong need to share this with us because you believe you have found truth, and are content to remain in that state of mind.

Guess what?

There is nothing wrong with subscribing to something such as your beliefs if it helps you to get through life in a positive way. Providing it brings no harm to anyone, it may be beneficial for you to remain convinced and comforted by your strongly held beliefs, as hope is something you cling to so that each day you strive towards the hope of a better tomorrow.

I have no "ifs, ands, or buts" for you here, but only to wish you all the best.

Respectfully ...

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 1 user Likes Free's post
27-07-2015, 10:57 PM (This post was last modified: 28-07-2015 06:38 AM by WhiskeyDebates.)
And I disagree entirely. Living in self delusions cause it makes you happy/you can't deal with reality as it is is fundamentally unhealthy, unhelpful, and self-destructive. A comfortable lie is still a lie and has no place in the mind of an adult. When your reality is informed by irrational thinking you will make irrational decisions and while they may not be readily or obviously harmful they ARE harmful.

To continue to be willfully ignorant 'cause it's easier/safer is the height of personal cowardice.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
28-07-2015, 12:45 AM
So if it's not for sadistic pleasure, are we gonna get an answer from those with the faith informed knowledge of exactly the reason why God condoned murder?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
28-07-2015, 01:02 AM
(28-07-2015 12:45 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  So if it's not for sadistic pleasure, are we gonna get an answer from those with the faith informed knowledge of exactly the reason why God condoned murder?

It's not *sadistic* pleasure, it's just the simple pleasure of seeing something going according to plan.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
28-07-2015, 07:16 AM (This post was last modified: 28-07-2015 11:09 AM by Free.)
(27-07-2015 10:57 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  And I disagree entirely. Living in self delusions cause it makes you happy/you can't deal with reality as it is is fundamentally unhealthy, unhelpful, and self-destructive. A comfortable lie is still a lie and has no place in the mind of an adult. When your reality is informed by irrational thinking you will make irrational decisions and while they may not be readily or obviously harmful they ARE harmful.

To continue to be willfully ignorant 'cause it's easier/safer is the height of personal cowardice.

When anyone refuses help, the best we can do is wish them all the best, and then hope for the best.

We can deride them up and down, back and forth, inside and out, but at the end of the day all we ever accomplish is to encourage them to raise their arm and tell us to "Talk to the hand."

I am not sure which one of us here at TTA may have given him cause to consider what any one of us have said, but it is obvious to me that anyone who constantly attacks him may as well be banging their head against the wall.

It doesn't work. It never will. At least not in this particular case.

28-07-2015, 11:30 AM
(28-07-2015 07:16 AM)Free Wrote:  
(27-07-2015 10:57 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  And I disagree entirely. Living in self delusions cause it makes you happy/you can't deal with reality as it is is fundamentally unhealthy, unhelpful, and self-destructive. A comfortable lie is still a lie and has no place in the mind of an adult. When your reality is informed by irrational thinking you will make irrational decisions and while they may not be readily or obviously harmful they ARE harmful.

When anyone refuses help, the best we can do is wish them all the best, and then hope for the best.

We can deride them up and down, back and forth, inside and out, but at the end of the day all we ever accomplish is to encourage them to raise their arm and tell us to "Talk to the hand."

I am not sure which one of us here at TTA may have given him cause to consider what any one of us have said, but it is obvious to me that anyone who constantly attacks him may as well be banging their head against the wall.

And telling him it's perfectly fine to continue on in delusion will change his mind?

I'm not trying to change his mind as he's not actually here to challenge his beliefs and that's painfully obvious. I'll continue to attack his delusions for the betterment of the people watching the exchange. Bad ideas, harmful ideas, bigoted ideas, and delusional ideas should be exposed, refuted and fought against as hard as possible.

When we coddle bad ideas we allow them to fester and spread. I stand by what I said earlier.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
28-07-2015, 12:24 PM
(28-07-2015 11:30 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(28-07-2015 07:16 AM)Free Wrote:  When anyone refuses help, the best we can do is wish them all the best, and then hope for the best.

And telling him it's perfectly fine to continue on in delusion will change his mind?

I'm not trying to change his mind as he's not actually here to challenge his beliefs and that's painfully obvious. I'll continue to attack his delusions for the betterment of the people watching the exchange. Bad ideas, harmful ideas, bigoted ideas, and delusional ideas should be exposed, refuted and fought against as hard as possible.

When we coddle bad ideas we allow them to fester and spread. I stand by what I said earlier.

Each of us can do what we want.

But I realized you were beating a dead horse many posts ago, and now according to you, you will continue to beat the dead horse.

I have chosen to not attack those who appear to be suffering from the psychological illness that religion brings.

But you go right ahead.

Thumbsup