For those who think God condones murder for his sadistic pleasure.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-07-2015, 09:18 PM
RE: For those who think God condones murder for his sadistic pleasure.
(28-07-2015 12:24 PM)Free Wrote:  
(28-07-2015 11:30 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  And telling him it's perfectly fine to continue on in delusion will change his mind?

I'm not trying to change his mind as he's not actually here to challenge his beliefs and that's painfully obvious. I'll continue to attack his delusions for the betterment of the people watching the exchange. Bad ideas, harmful ideas, bigoted ideas, and delusional ideas should be exposed, refuted and fought against as hard as possible.

When we coddle bad ideas we allow them to fester and spread. I stand by what I said earlier.

Each of us can do what we want.

But I realized you were beating a dead horse many posts ago, and now according to you, you will continue to beat the dead horse.

I have chosen to not attack those who appear to be suffering from the psychological illness that religion brings.

But you go right ahead.

Thumbsup
You are welcome to do whatever you want I never told you to stop however that's not a response to what I wrote Free. You gave a criticism that my aggressive attack of his delusional nonsense was not likely to change his mind to which I responded that your coddling of his bullshit and telling him it's OK to believe his nonsense if it's easier for him than facing reality was not likely to change his mind either.

I'm not beating a dead horse Free I've made my intent quite clear that my continued attack on his delusional nonsense was for the betterment of the lurkers, for the people reading his shit, and not for him. Spend less time trying to tell me what I'm doing as if I don't know exactly what I'm doing. When he stops spouting bullshit I'll stop pointing out and mocking his bullshit.

I have no problem with you not attacking people and taking a more even handed, clam, and inquisitive track even if it's little more than a veneer. In fact I quite enjoyed it a your posts were, outside of that nonsense about "some atheists taking rationalism to far", well written and very much worth the read. What I do have a problem is when you switch gears from that, which is perfectly fine and reasonable, to flat out telling him it's perfectly alright to continue on in delusional nonsense cause it's easier for him to do that than face reality. That's a load of bullshit, I called it out as bullshit.
I am fundamentally apposed to that line of thinking and will continue to be so as it's cowardly, demonstrably harmful, and just further isolates people into the line of thinking that there delusions are perfectly fine and not harmful when they are.

I'm perfectly fine if he tells me to "talk to the hand" cause that's still better then telling him it's fine to live in delusion if it gives you hope and I'm not trying to get through to HIM anyway. I'm saying that bad ideas, harmful ideas, demonstrably wrong ideas should be vigorously opposed, refuted, and rejected and your saying that it's OK for him to cling to his delusions if they make him feel all warm and tingly.

Your way is fine and you don't need my approval to continue doing so and I sure as shit don't need your approve to continue to do what I do. He's a lying, bigoted, sexiest, homophobic, hypocritical asshole and I'll treat him like one.

I got no interest in getting into with you, a guy I genuinely like, over this piece of shit but you know where you can put your condescending thumbs up.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-07-2015, 08:41 AM
(28-07-2015 09:18 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(28-07-2015 12:24 PM)Free Wrote:  Each of us can do what we want.

But I realized you were beating a dead horse many posts ago, and now according to you, you will continue to beat the dead horse.

I have chosen to not attack those who appear to be suffering from the psychological illness that religion brings.

But you go right ahead.

Thumbsup
You are welcome to do whatever you want I never told you to stop however that's not a response to what I wrote Free. You gave a criticism that my aggressive attack of his delusional nonsense was not likely to change his mind to which I responded that your coddling of his bullshit and telling him it's OK to believe his nonsense if it's easier for him than facing reality was not likely to change his mind either.

I'm not beating a dead horse Free I've made my intent quite clear that my continued attack on his delusional nonsense was for the betterment of the lurkers, for the people reading his shit, and not for him. Spend less time trying to tell me what I'm doing as if I don't know exactly what I'm doing. When he stops spouting bullshit I'll stop pointing out and mocking his bullshit.

I have no problem with you not attacking people and taking a more even handed, clam, and inquisitive track even if it's little more than a veneer. In fact I quite enjoyed it a your posts were, outside of that nonsense about "some atheists taking rationalism to far", well written and very much worth the read. What I do have a problem is when you switch gears from that, which is perfectly fine and reasonable, to flat out telling him it's perfectly alright to continue on in delusional nonsense cause it's easier for him to do that than face reality. That's a load of bullshit, I called it out as bullshit.
I am fundamentally apposed to that line of thinking and will continue to be so as it's cowardly, demonstrably harmful, and just further isolates people into the line of thinking that there delusions are perfectly fine and not harmful when they are.

I'm perfectly fine if he tells me to "talk to the hand" cause that's still better then telling him it's fine to live in delusion if it gives you hope and I'm not trying to get through to HIM anyway. I'm saying that bad ideas, harmful ideas, demonstrably wrong ideas should be vigorously opposed, refuted, and rejected and your saying that it's OK for him to cling to his delusions if they make him feel all warm and tingly.

Your way is fine and you don't need my approval to continue doing so and I sure as shit don't need your approve to continue to do what I do. He's a lying, bigoted, sexiest, homophobic, hypocritical asshole and I'll treat him like one.

I got no interest in getting into with you, a guy I genuinely like, over this piece of shit but you know where you can put your condescending thumbs up.

You seem to have issue with me telling him that he can keep his beliefs, without also quoting me where I said, "Providing it brings no harm to anyone."

Like you, I have issues when my posts are either not understood, misrepresented, or quoted out of context for the benefit of satiating the need to appease the masses.

Not only that, you chastise my way of doing things and then say, "Your way is fine." So does my method suck or is it fine?

We can sit here and argue about this meaningless bullshit and bicker back and forth but we both already know we have strong opinions about how to do things and I have seen success using both methods.

But let me show you the very first post I ever made on this forum, which is in the introductions section:

(23-10-2012 07:36 PM)Free Wrote:  Hi, I'm an open minded atheist with a very high tolerance for theists, so I hope nobody gets bent out of shape if i side in debates sometimes with a theist when he has a valid point.

Mind you, i don't side with them often, as I don't have religious bone in my body, but sometimes in debates they can make a point and since I'm an honest person, I grant them that point.

I have been on other forums where the admins actually banned me because I wouldn't agree that somebody named Jesus was a complete myth. I'm a history buff and couldn't agree that argument for mythical was better than the argument that somebody named Christ was crucified by Pontius Pilate.

So i hope that doesn't happen to me here.

Anyways, I'm a free thinker, and technically inclined. I build websites, made lots of forums like this one, build computers and servers, repair them, and generally just solve problems.

My main interests are cosmology and ancient history, and I believe in the great possibility of alien life.

Anyways, hope to see ya all in the forum, and the first 10 people who offer me a cold beer I will love you long time!

Thumbsup

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid190107

I made my position clear right from day 1. I do not have a religious bone in my body because I never believed- even as a child in a Catholic school- that any kind of god existed. Any stories about Jesus were compared to heroes in my comic books, such as Superman, and even at a very young age i knew Superman didn't exist. I was sent to the principal's office so many time because of my non belief that I lost count.

So why am I telling you this?

Because I have no beliefs and never have, I did not come from a religious background as a believer like so many atheists here did. That means that I have nothing to be angry about. I was never deceived by religion only to learn later that it was all a crock of shit. I knew it was a crock of shit as far back as I can remember. I was never a believer.

I am an atheist because I was born this way.

Therefore, I do not have any animosity towards theists, but rather sympathy. I view them as being so deceived that they cannot function with clear reason or rationality. I actually view them as being partially mentally disabled because we have all seen what religion can do to a beautiful mind.

I do not have a "us verses them" mentality. My life is not defined by my atheism. Sure, I am an atheist to the core, but I am also a human being with compassion. Where you may see theists, I see people. I see people who are damaged by religion and do not even know it. I see people who are so indoctrinated with this disease of religion that they are mentally impaired to reason effectively.

I have always believed that as atheists we must strive for a higher standard. Theists will often get angry as we attack their beliefs, and hurl insults at us as a defense mechanism. How are we any different by returning an onslaught of fallacious ad hominems back at them?

We are atheists. We, I believe, represent the future of the evolution and development of the human mind, and to accomplish this we must adhere to a higher standard than the "us verses them" mentality.

Me must lead by example to demonstrate that the disbelief in gods is, in fact, intellectually honest, but we insult that position by demonstrating a hateful and hurtful demeanor towards theists ... like theists demonstrate towards us.

We are not like them. We are better than that.

Sorry about the thumbs up.

Have a great day.

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
29-07-2015, 10:39 AM
(27-07-2015 10:57 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  And I disagree entirely. Living in self delusions cause it makes you happy/you can't deal with reality as it is is fundamentally unhealthy, unhelpful, and self-destructive. A comfortable lie is still a lie and has no place in the mind of an adult. When your reality is informed by irrational thinking you will make irrational decisions and while they may not be readily or obviously harmful they ARE harmful.

To continue to be willfully ignorant 'cause it's easier/safer is the height of personal cowardice.
I'm glad you pointed that out. Perhaps, now some can start there journey.
29-07-2015, 10:49 AM
(28-07-2015 12:45 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  So if it's not for sadistic pleasure, are we gonna get an answer from those with the faith informed knowledge of exactly the reason why God condoned murder?
Are you aware of the Crusades, what about the Nazis?

Both of these most destructive entities where based wholly in deception while fronting as true religion, and Faith. The fact is that no one of the true direction of God through the Crist will ever murder anyone. The Roman Catholic Church, and it's deceiving peers have attempted to completely wipe true Faith from existence. There attempts are noteworthy, indeed as they are prophesied, and stand as a truthful reminder to all that manipulation, and deceit have no bounds but those of God, through Crist. This, of course pertains to Gentiles mostly, as isrealites have law. And curcumsision from evil.
29-07-2015, 10:55 AM
(29-07-2015 10:49 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(28-07-2015 12:45 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  So if it's not for sadistic pleasure, are we gonna get an answer from those with the faith informed knowledge of exactly the reason why God condoned murder?
Are you aware of the Crusades, what about the Nazis?

Both of these most destructive entities where based wholly in deception while fronting as true religion, and Faith. The fact is that no one of the true direction of God through the Crist will ever murder anyone. The Roman Catholic Church, and it's deceiving peers have attempted to completely wipe true Faith from existence. There attempts are noteworthy, indeed as they are prophesied, and stand as a truthful reminder to all that manipulation, and deceit have no bounds but those of God, through Crist. This, of course pertains to Gentiles mostly, as isrealites have law. And curcumsision from evil.

I'm well aware of them.. how they are relevant is not aware to me, you seemed to have chosen to bring that up as a case of it not being Gods orders... okay well I'm not asking you about gods not orders nor did I bring up these things.

Well how about actual murders if you believe in biblical knowledge or ANY death that in essence is the condoned notion of God for allowing there to be a punishment such as death because he chose to desire beings with the option to disobey him. But when he tells his chosen people to murder, okay it's not for sadistic pleasure, then what is it for? what is his desire for having death even exist for?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
29-07-2015, 10:56 AM (This post was last modified: 29-07-2015 11:01 AM by goodwithoutgod.)
(29-07-2015 10:49 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
The fact is that no one of the true direction of God through the Crist will ever murder anyone.

um, you may want to read the bible.

hmm off the top of my head, (at work, do not have access to my lengthy files)...

1 Samuel 15:3-4

For example, God instructed Saul through the prophet Samuel to “go and attack Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and do not spare them. But kill both man and woman, infant and nursing child, ox and sheep, camel and donkey”

yeah

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
29-07-2015, 11:07 AM
Whiskey Debates,

My presence too, is for the ones who read.

The fact that you are completely blind to the negative image you give to your brothers, and for the readers is proof of your own dilusion. The fact that you refuse to see this on any level is proof of your incideous nature.

You have yet to demonstrate that any of my knowledge is false, always falling back on the ol' trusty" proof is on you because you oppose me line". If that were the case, then everytime you oppose me, would not then, proof be upon your shoulders? You have only shown blaightent negativity and circular thinking, and have claimed it irrefutable.

Well?
29-07-2015, 11:12 AM
(29-07-2015 10:55 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(29-07-2015 10:49 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Are you aware of the Crusades, what about the Nazis?

I'm well aware of them.. how they are relevant is not aware to me, you seemed to have chosen to bring that up as a case of it not being Gods orders... okay well I'm not asking you about gods not orders nor did I bring up these things.

Well how about actual murders if you believe in biblical knowledge or ANY death that in essence is the condoned notion of God for allowing there to be a punishment such as death because he chose to desire beings with the option to disobey him. But when he tells his chosen people to murder, okay it's not for sadistic pleasure, then what is it for? what is his desire for having death even exist for?
It has never been the Lord's desire to kill anything. All murder stems from some form of greed, and inward, selfish, wrong sense of privilege. The fact that people were killed in ancient times is directly related to the directions of negativity, and the defence thereof.
29-07-2015, 11:19 AM
(29-07-2015 11:12 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(29-07-2015 10:55 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I'm well aware of them.. how they are relevant is not aware to me, you seemed to have chosen to bring that up as a case of it not being Gods orders... okay well I'm not asking you about gods not orders nor did I bring up these things.

It has never been the Lord's desire to kill anything. All murder stems from some form of greed, and inward, selfish, wrong sense of privilege. The fact that people were killed in ancient times is directly related to the directions of negativity, and the defence thereof.

Had God not wanted it, the omnipotent being that wants nothing but goodness would not create it. Greed/selfish/etc. all exist because God either created them or allowed them to exist if he were an actual real "everything" creating figure.

People on here have made some claims that well God couldn't create man without free will or moral choices because they would be god... well what is Humanity in heaven then but that? Can humans be kicked out of heaven when there if they do bad? Are angels not allowed to exist without free will? or what is the difference of angels and humans? Are angels not this flaw of them being god like humans would be if not for having free will.. where is the line. there are so many assertions without substantiations or it seems THOUGHT applied to how they actually would figure if true.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
29-07-2015, 11:20 AM
(29-07-2015 10:56 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(29-07-2015 10:49 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  The fact is that no one of the true direction of God through the Crist will ever murder anyone.

um, you may want to read the bible.

hmm off the top of my head, (at work, do not have access to my lengthy files)...

1 Samuel 15:3-4

For example, God instructed Saul through the prophet Samuel to “go and attack Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and do not spare them. But kill both man and woman, infant and nursing child, ox and sheep, camel and donkey”

yeah
Why don't you do a little research on the Amalek, and it's origins, and then return to your point. Evil was rooted in them exceedingly so, as to say there was no chance for there redemption, and a high likelihood that their continued existence would damn civilizations.