For those who think God condones murder for his sadistic pleasure.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-07-2015, 01:35 AM
RE: For those who think God condones murder for his sadistic pleasure.
(29-07-2015 02:19 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(29-07-2015 02:01 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Like soup?
Tastes good like soup.

Like Mock Turtle Soup? I could go for some Goodevil

Anywhoo, why is "end" as you stated it earlier an undesired thing? What's unwanted about end?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-07-2015, 06:41 AM
(30-07-2015 01:35 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(29-07-2015 02:19 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Tastes good like soup.

Like Mock Turtle Soup? I could go for some Goodevil

Anywhoo, why is "end" as you stated it earlier an undesired thing? What's unwanted about end?
The absence of existence itself, including souls, memories, energy, love, and the miraculous things and processes that brought us into existence in the first place ,would be literal void and nothing with no awareness of self. Sounds pretty crappy, and that's without adding any negative shit to the mix. That's just taken out some of the obvious good. To work towards end may seem special in some selfish way, but it still amounts to nothing in the end. Doesn't make any sense to fight for what you believe in, if what you believe in is secretly fighting against you. End.
30-07-2015, 06:47 AM
(30-07-2015 06:41 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(30-07-2015 01:35 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Like Mock Turtle Soup? I could go for some Goodevil

The absence of existence itself, including souls, memories, energy, love, and the miraculous things and processes that brought us into existence in the first place ,would be literal void and nothing with no awareness of self. Sounds pretty crappy, and that's without adding any negative shit to the mix. That's just taken out some of the obvious good. To work towards end may seem special in some selfish way, but it still amounts to nothing in the end. Doesn't make any sense to fight for what you believe in, if what you believe in is secretly fighting against you. End.

Why do you have the opinion of, "sounds pretty crappy?"

That which you described is the likely inevitable outcome of this universe. I also don't grasp at all your conclusion it doesn't make sense to fight for what you believe in if it's fighting against you. That's the harmony in accepting the absurd outcome that all existence is fighting against. It's part of what generates the mix of beauty and macabre you can see. It almost sounds like you don't see that, but that you fear this oblivion or void.

30-07-2015, 06:48 AM
(29-07-2015 11:20 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(29-07-2015 10:56 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  um, you may want to read the bible.

hmm off the top of my head, (at work, do not have access to my lengthy files)...

1 Samuel 15:3-4

For example, God instructed Saul through the prophet Samuel to “go and attack Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and do not spare them. But kill both man and woman, infant and nursing child, ox and sheep, camel and donkey”

yeah
Why don't you do a little research on the Amalek, and it's origins, and then return to your point. Evil was rooted in them exceedingly so, as to say there was no chance for there redemption, and a high likelihood that their continued existence would damn civilizations.

[Image: 1390269212824.png]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-07-2015, 06:48 AM
(29-07-2015 11:23 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  War was the norm. back then. We would have perished long ago if the defence of what is right would not have been carried out under God's order. Damn near fucked even though they were mostly extinguished. That was needed at that particular time in civilization do to the much more obvious presence of good and bad at that time.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-07-2015, 06:55 AM
(30-07-2015 06:48 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-07-2015 11:23 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  War was the norm. back then. We would have perished long ago if the defence of what is right would not have been carried out under God's order. Damn near fucked even though they were mostly extinguished. That was needed at that particular time in civilization do to the much more obvious presence of good and bad at that time.

It says so in the Bible Book X Chapter Y Verse Z Blink Why would you need anything more?

Rolleyes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
30-07-2015, 07:01 AM
(30-07-2015 06:47 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(30-07-2015 06:41 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  The absence of existence itself, including souls, memories, energy, love, and the miraculous things and processes that brought us into existence in the first place ,would be literal void and nothing with no awareness of self. Sounds pretty crappy, and that's without adding any negative shit to the mix. That's just taken out some of the obvious good. To work towards end may seem special in some selfish way, but it still amounts to nothing in the end. Doesn't make any sense to fight for what you believe in, if what you believe in is secretly fighting against you. End.

Why do you have the opinion of, "sounds pretty crappy?"

That which you described is the likely inevitable outcome of this universe. I also don't grasp at all your conclusion it doesn't make sense to fight for what you believe in if it's fighting against you. That's the harmony in accepting the absurd outcome that all existence is fighting against. It's part of what generates the mix of beauty and macabre you can see. It almost sounds like you don't see that, but that you fear this oblivion or void.
I see it fine. I fear it not. The struggle will be real, such as the struggle of each in life. Prophecy put forth by Crist through the power of God will not be denied. If there were but one, we would still be victorious in our righteous push for existence. Against all odds is a favorable chance for God, for he needn't have that for his beautiful harmony. All is his doing, and his glory. As the light minded the darkness for the benefit of existence, so will it be done forever.
Praise God.
30-07-2015, 07:07 AM
(30-07-2015 07:01 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(30-07-2015 06:47 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Why do you have the opinion of, "sounds pretty crappy?"

I see it fine. I fear it not. The struggle will be real, such as the struggle of each in life. Prophecy put forth by Crist through the power of God will not be denied. If there were but one, we would still be victorious in our righteous push for existence. Against all odds is a favorable chance for God, for he needn't have that for his beautiful harmony. All is his doing, and his glory. As the light minded the darkness for the benefit of existence, so will it be done forever.
Praise God.

The darkness would have to be his doing too, you get that right? So all that is happening is he is saving existence from the way he made all things.

Wouldn't what nobody does in reality in your explanation also not matter anymore? There already is plenty of those one righteous peoples that linger in the afterlife/heaven with God, so what the rest of the humanity does won't matter. That's just up to discretion of embracing the eventual void of the universe or not. I am perfectly fine embracing it, you seem to want to praise an avoidance of it for still unexplained reasons.

Why does the void sound crappy to you? You wouldn't be there to experience it, so why is it a negative or dark thing in your view?

30-07-2015, 07:11 AM
(30-07-2015 07:07 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  why is it a negative or dark thing in your view?

Scared of death, has to tell himself comforting stories.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
30-07-2015, 07:17 AM
Pops, I've followed this thread and I have to say I cannot for a second begin to comprehend what it must feel like to have a head full of such complete nonsense and woo.

I'm not going to mock you as there are others hear who can do it better and funnier than I but please take a step back, re-read your posts and try and read them for what they are. Stuff you made up from reading old books that were already made up in the first place. It's nonsense on top of nonsense with a side order of woo.

There's a world of real amazing things out there. Put the mouldy old tomes down and take a look at the world as it really is. You don't need gods or angels or supernatural realms to live a life full of awe. You've got one life so stop wasting it on fairy tales.

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
[+] 3 users Like Eva's post